+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Ontario150

Jul 5, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Toronto applications are generally delayed? I applied on Oct. 11th and got to IP stage on Nov. 15th and since there has been no movement in my application. I called up the call centre, but got the standard "wait 12 months" response, and have now asked information under AITP. I am not overly concerned, but would like to know if there are others from Toronto in the same boat, or do I have the boat to myself.

Thanks!
The timing is vary from person to person due to background checking process. Some people have background check after test/interview while others are done before. Your case may be currently still in background check stage. If so, we hope that, once you receive test invitation, the remaining stages will be gone through quickly.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Well, I'm very very stuck in the mire with our family's application.

Nearly a month after our interview, the local IRCC office requested a border entry/exit report from the US due to our high number crossings and US status.

I started a request in early May with the US. The request was rejected.

I then re-applied for the report in late May and the US informs that there are a unprecedentedly high number of such request pending and that it may take up to 40 days beyond their committed due date to deliver the report. Their committed due date was Thursday, 21 June 2018. Maybe this is due to a short handed staff or cases involving human rights violations along their own border.

I keep passing these gloomy forecasts on to the local IRCC office who are handling our citizenship application, pleading not to cancel our application. I have no idea how to proceed with this application if the IRCC does not allow for the extensive wait from the US for the report.

Fwheelbooler

Nov 13, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Toronto applications are generally delayed? I applied on Oct. 11th and got to IP stage on Nov. 15th and since there has been no movement in my application. I called up the call centre, but got the standard "wait 12 months" response, and have now asked information under AITP. I am not overly concerned, but would like to know if there are others from Toronto in the same boat, or do I have the boat to myself.

Thanks!
The Toronto applications appear to be materially slower than other locations. I’d guess it’s the Mississauga branch as Scarborough seems to be in line with other larger processing centres.

My app received Oct 26th, IP Jan 3, FP request on Feb 6th..... and that’s it. Essentially 0 progress in 8 months. Frustrating! But I guess it’s part of the process. Maybe I’ll get my test invite soon...

I submitted an FoI request to get my case notes, deadline to receive is tomorrow so maybe that will shed some more light

angrypinky

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
Well friends, the -" the journey to Canadian citizenship is almost complete", as per the Notice to appear- to take the Oath of Citizenship says. :) Needless to say, just received mine via regular (0.84 cents/envelope) mail. It took me a total of 8 mounts and 24 days from start to finish (267 days), (finish in my case is still to come on July 10th, 2018). Thank you for the support and the shared experiences. Good luck to the rest of you, don't worry, it will come.

Time line:

App. Type: Single

Physical Presence Days: 1125

App Sent: Oct 11th, 2017

App Received: Oct 16th, 2017

AOR: Nov 27th, 2017

IP: Dec 1st, 2017

Test invite: March 5th, 2018

Test held: April 4th, 2018

DM: June 20th, 2018

Oath invitation received (regular mail): June 23rd, 2018

Oath date: July 10th, 2018

angrypinky

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
How long is the average wait time for oath invite since DM? I got DM about three weeks ago and still waiting for oath invite.
Vancouver office.
Got my Oath invite, 3 days after DM, but it took almost 3 months between passing the test and the DM.... so you never know...

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Well friends, the -" the journey to Canadian citizenship is almost complete", as per the Notice to appear- to take the Oath of Citizenship says. :) Needless to say, just received mine via regular (0.84 cents/envelope) mail. It took me a total of 8 mounts and 24 days from start to finish (267 days), (finish in my case is still to come on July 10th, 2018). Thank you for the support and the shared experiences. Good luck to the rest of you, don't worry, it will come.

Time line:

App. Type: Single

Physical Presence Days: 1125

App Sent: Oct 11th, 2017

App Received: Oct 16th, 2017

AOR: Nov 27th, 2017

IP: Dec 1st, 2017

Test invite: March 5th, 2018

Test held: April 4th, 2018

DM: June 20th, 2018

Oath invitation received (regular mail): June 23rd, 2018

Oath date: July 10th, 2018
Congrats, updated the sheet

Reactions: angrypinky

zedman

Dec 1, 2017
Citizenship Oath Ceremony attended on June 22, 2018 at Calgary. Will apply for Canadian passport soon.

Citizenship Application
Sent: Oct 16, 2017
Arrived: Oct 19, 2017
AOR: Dec 20, 2017
In Process: Jan 02, 2018
Test Invite: Mar 23, 2018
Test Date: Apr 12, 2018
DM: Apr 13, 2018
Oath Invite: Apr 20, 2018
Oath Date: June 22, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
City: Calgary
Type: Single
Eligibility Days: 1192 Days

Reactions: angrypinky

mia.tx.00

Nov 25, 2017
You can pull your travel history online on CBP website for upto 5 years.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/spotlights/arrivaldeparture-history-now-available-i-94-webpage

Well, I'm very very stuck in the mire with our family's application.

Nearly a month after our interview, the local IRCC office requested a border entry/exit report from the US due to our high number crossings and US status.

I started a request in early May with the US. The request was rejected.

I then re-applied for the report in late May and the US informs that there are a unprecedentedly high number of such request pending and that it may take up to 40 days beyond their committed due date to deliver the report. Their committed due date was Thursday, 21 June 2018. Maybe this is due to a short handed staff or cases involving human rights violations along their own border.

I keep passing these gloomy forecasts on to the local IRCC office who are handling our citizenship application, pleading not to cancel our application. I have no idea how to proceed with this application if the IRCC does not allow for the extensive wait from the US for the report.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I did my test february 1 at Scarborough, no oath date yet. Should I be concerned?
Same here, my test was 30-Jan, and there's no sign of an Oath invite yet...
This is very "normal" for Scarborough,i think recently we have started to see some invites coming out of Scarborough for a few October applicants, so its a matter of time (it could arrive any day between now and October).

Reactions: Dejavu18

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I do not think that 60 percent are in IP.
Some of them join in the beginning and may not update after getting the date of test and thereafter. The tracking sheet is just the guidance, not a proof or a statistic to rely on.

I was sure and I am sure that if the application is good, it will be processed within 12 months. For some people, it got completed in 6 months, for people like me, the process would be completed in 9-10 months, but, it will be <=12 months for sure.
The thing is that you can't assume that the only data-set affected by people not updating is the Mississauga one. You have to assume the data-sets are all normally distributed and that the chance of outlier means/averages affecting data-sets is low (confidence levels). Practically that means that I can compare the data-sets obtained in our sample, and they point to Mississauga being a pretty unfortunate lagger in getting us going from IP to Test.