+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Dear Gentlemen,

It is sincerely appreciated that you kindly responded. I hide my Pakistan passport because I dont want India to find out. There is tension and my lower social standing causes myriad problems.

I feel its better not complicate things with Canada application. However I am scared they do spy agency search and find out everything like snowden sort of.

I get feeling you gentlemen do not agree with my behavior. I thank you men for sharing opinion.

Thank you sirs

Dalit
I guess what we are saying is that mis-representing/deliberately hiding information in a citizenship application can have serious consequences. From what i'm reading - your only concern is you don't want India to find out, but what does that have to do with the Canadian authorities? Question 13 clearly asks you what nationalities you hold.

I think you probably feared that if you revealed your second nationality, IRCC would probe more into that and question how you managed to keep 2 nationalities while India allows only one, which may lead you to confess that you didn't notify Indian authorities about the 2nd citizenship, so you thought its easier to just not mention it.

Anyway, its probably a bit late to correct this as you are already in line for Oath..if your application was still in process i would've recommended you update them with on the second citizenship you posess via webform .

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@zenith9 I have a feeling that your best bet would be to contact an immigration lawyer ASAP, before your oath, and ask him what's the best for you.
If he advices you to withdraw your application and start a new one with the truthful information instead, so be it.
In all cases, the correct thing to do would be to let IRCC know of your pakistani citizenship before you swear your oath. Whether by starting a new application or sending a web form update now... Not sure at all how the IRCC agent will react to it, and it will probably add some delay to your application, but if you want to make sure you got your citizenship genuinely...

Maybe some experienced members would want to give it some thoughts. @dpenabill maybe ?

Best of luck !!

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
@zenith9 I have a feeling that your best bet would be to contact an immigration lawyer ASAP, before your oath, and ask him what's the best for you.
If he advices you to withdraw your application and start a new one with the truthful information instead, so be it.
In all cases, the correct thing to do would be to let IRCC know of your pakistani citizenship before you swear your oath. Whether by starting a new application or sending a web form update now... Not sure at all how the IRCC agent will react to it, and it will probably add some delay to your application, but if you want to make sure you got your citizenship genuinely...

Maybe some experienced members would want to give it some thoughts. @dpenabill maybe ?

Best of luck !!
He probably lied on his PR application, too. So that is another concern for him. Well, to be honest I do not mean him any harm but hope he is dealt with in proper manner.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
He probably lied on his PR application, too. So that is another concern for him. Well, to be honest I do not mean him any harm but hope he is dealt with in proper manner.
Not sure there's an issue with the PR application, as they don't ask you to list all your citizenships and provide all passports I think.
Anyway, he knows better I suppose...

annaro

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a concern in regards of my citizenship application. We (my husband and I) are from Hamilton. App. delivered on February 19 and we got AOR on March 14. (please update)
My questions are: 1. when we should expect to get invitation to write the test?
2. what we should do with our PR card? PR will expire in July this year. Should I renew it? please share your opinions and experiences.
Thanks

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have a concern in regards of my citizenship application. We (my husband and I) are from Hamilton. App. delivered on February 19 and we got AOR on March 14. (please update)
2. what we should do with our PR card? PR will expire in July this year. Should I renew it? please share your opinions and experiences.
Thanks
You should certainly renew the PR card if you plan to travel before the end of the year.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Thanks for your prompt answer. After I will get my New PR card do I have to send it for my citizenship process file?
No

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
what about if my passport is expired. I am planning to renew it as well. Do I have to send a copy of the new one?
No ... they only need passports used during your eligiblity period. New ones don't matter
However keep the old one you need to take it to your oath

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Dual Citizen with India?
Lower Caste?
Snowden?

Whats next? - James Bond - this is and out and out fraud case

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Thanks
Please post your updates in Feb 2018 thread and one of Admins will update thetracker.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2018-citizenship-applicant.539967/page-88

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
what about if my passport is expired. I am planning to renew it as well. Do I have to send a copy of the new one?
No ... they only need passports used during your eligiblity period. New ones don't matter
However keep the old one you need to take it to your oath
You'll need it for your interview as well. You will want to take your new PR card and passport to the interview if you have them at that time. If it were me, I'd take along a copy of the PR card and the biographical page(s) of your new passport to the interview. You will need your new PR card at oath so they can take it away.