+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

genis

Oct 17, 2017
Hi,
I was bit late to respond. I become citizen of Canada on 20 th of April . Thank you all for your wonderful guidance and updates. we have some active members in the forum who always help with valuable guidance. with your support I was able to finish my final step of immigration journey very smoothly.
Good luck to all.

Reactions: vasvas

DarkKnight1971

Aug 22, 2016
Just wondering how many here received the oath letter on the same day as citizenship test? Also how many waiting for DM for longer than 2 weeks after passing the test?

hanyj123

Nov 21, 2016
please update my situation in spreadsheet

App sent: October 16, 2017
Delivered: October 19, 2017
AOR: November 23, 2017
IP:.....December 02, 2017

Office: Scarborough

Still waiting for the test and interview. Anyone still not receive the test invitation like me?

Thanks
No updates since Dec 6..
my office would be either mississauga or scarborough.
should we contact them?

Race401

Nov 17, 2017
Also, if any stamp is in a language other than English or French, especially the dates, you should have them translated and notarized for the interview.
Hi razerblade: Were you asked to justify the stamps/dates in different language or you just guess we need to translate them? I have authorize CIC to check my entry/exit at borders, why should they ask again about stamps? THANKS

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi razerblade: Were you asked to justify the stamps/dates in different language or you just guess we need to translate them? I have authorize CIC to check my entry/exit at borders, why should they ask again about stamps? THANKS
It says in the instructions that all foreign stamps need to be translated. You can bring these translations with you to the interview. This is independent from you authorization.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
The Midnight return rule was what I thought too until I came across this document:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf23-eng.pdf

check section 6.4

Partial day presence is also considered as a full day towards citizenship, so even if you spend 1 min in canada it is still considered as a full day irrespective of the before Midnight return.
Do I read 6.4 correctly? It clarifies that a partial day present in Canada as a permanent resident counts as a full day of physical presence in Canada. Is that the same thing as the Midnight return you mention?

Thanks

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Believe it or not this last piece of citizenship puzzle, which is time between test to oath invite, is killing me.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Hi, I was asked during interview to show english translation of my Arabic passport stamps, if you have stamps in other language then please get it translated by the cic authorized translator

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Question to all who knows! When the DM happens does it mean your appplication is done and waiting for oath only? Is it also possible that security , background clearance is still on incomplete even DM ?

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi, I was asked during interview to show english translation of my Arabic passport stamps, if you have stamps in other language then please get it translated by the cic authorized translator
Question to all who knows! When the DM happens does it mean your appplication is done and waiting for oath only? Is it also possible that security , background clearance is still on incomplete even DM ?

No body knows.... only your officer know.... any answer is not valid.. just guessing .... fed up from waiting

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, a positive DM means everything is ok. Just wait for oath.

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked before:
My husband and I have the test scheduled for May 16th. We'll have to leave our baby in the care of a friend so just for everybody's sake (especially my friend haha) I would like to know roughly how long should we expect to be there for?. Does everybody go through an interview after or is it whoever they pick?
Thanks so much in advance!!

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Hi, sorry I have not been active on this thread. Please can someone update the tracker.
Test invite: April 04, 2018
Test date: May 3, 2018

We passed the test. Waiting for the oath letter now.