+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Feb 10, 2018
Well I am not going to argue here but will let you know something. Even before the October applicant flooding CIC, the processing time was seldom less than about a year. And as for equal rights, I don't feel violated at all, even though I am having to wait a little more then others. It is a huge beauraucracy and the security clearance is done for a reason. And I thank God that they have not made it transparent to people, because I am sure there will be people who will poke holes and point out to the "racism" and "discrimination" and what not, but they only do so when it is convenient for them. I have no reason to believe before year is over that there is inherent bias and all that. I am just not going to get on that bandwagon.
And do I think there are some nationalities which ought to be scrutinized?
You bet I think so. And I am not going to explain myself.

Cheers. Happy waiting.
My friend I dont know your academic background but because of my mathematical background, I am very number driven. My original speculation was there MAY BE some favouritism in Winnipeg location based on which minority groups you belong to (for the processing time). If you go to immigratemanitoba.ca site and check last 10 years data, you will see every year 50% + immigrants represent only 2 groups. My point is some degree of favouritism exist here for immigration policy regardless you agree or not. I guess we are going bit off topic, so I'll end here. Happy waiting to you as well.

DarkKnight1971

Aug 22, 2016
After long wait finally got my Test Invitation letter today via email. Test on May 2nd.
Single Applicant from Vancouver.
Application
Applied Oct 23
Received Oct 26
AOR- Dec 18
In Process: January 23
Test Invite: April 9

surya99

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
guys a quick question, anybody from Mississauga whose in process since Dec 08 2017 or before and still waiting for test invite.

Thanks in advance guys

aquari

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Received Test invitation for April 26th through email and ECAS yesterday (April 9th). Please update.

bpraneeth

Nov 20, 2013
Hi all,

I received my oath invitation. Below is the status in ecas:

We sent you a notice on April 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Could anyone please update the spread sheet. Thank you!

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
My friend I dont know your academic background but because of my mathematical background, I am very number driven. My original speculation was there MAY BE some favouritism in Winnipeg location based on which minority groups you belong to (for the processing time). If you go to immigratemanitoba.ca site and check last 10 years data, you will see every year 50% + immigrants represent only 2 groups. My point is some degree of favouritism exist here for immigration policy regardless you agree or not. I guess we are going bit off topic, so I'll end here. Happy waiting to you as well.
If you want to rant about the processing time then this is not the place to do so, find another place buddy,
and stop pointing fingers at minorities etc. If you think you've been treated unfairly, i suggest you go and fill out a webform. And if you have problems with one location dealing applications faster than the others, then raising your voice here won't help, i suggest you find another place.

Thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I received my oath invitation. Below is the status in ecas:

We sent you a notice on April 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Could anyone please update the spread sheet. Thank you!
Updated. Congrats!!

slidegt

Jan 3, 2018
Wrote the test this morning and passed 20/20. The interviewer told me I should be getting the ceremony invitation within 3 months. Calgary Office.