+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
I did my finger print in January-2018 and IRCC received it the following day through a confirmation email in response to my inquiry to them. I also did my citizenship test in February-2018 and passed the test. Since then no progress at all for myself and still in process but my wife had her status changed to decision day the day after the test.
For me now almost 7 weeks since passing the test with no progress? Is this normal?
I read someone mentioning here that I can order information details online regarding the details of processing my application I don’t remember the name but will it be useful?
Most probably your security check is still ongoing. After that is completed your status will change to decision made. I have done the test on Feb 16 and still my status is in process. We can do nothing but wait

Reactions: migrant-seeker

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Quite easy, the questions were much easier than the tests online, I would say the Richmond Library’s site is probably the one that’s closest to the actual test difficulty. We’re not at liberty to discuss the questions we got but I got 20/20 and it took me 4-5 min to finish. One point worth mentionning tho, is that the interviews were given in the order in which we finished the test, so that saved me hours of wait.
hey thanks so much...were you also given two different sets of question for test ?

marksampa

Mar 30, 2018
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi All
Another one from Montreal.

Name: marksampa
Application Type: Single
Application Received: Oct 26, 2017
AOR: Dec 13, 2017
In Process: Jan 26, 2018
Test Invite: March 14, 2018
Test Date: March 29, 2018
DM: March 30, 2018

Test: ease questions in general for someone that had at least read the official guide and done free online tests.

Interview: Agent wanted to confirm the information I provided in the forms. Inquired about my travels outside of Canada and checked the stamps in passport etc. At the end the agent told me it may take some months before IRCC contacts me again for the oath but not to be concerned as that is the current timeline.

Voilà.

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Hi everyone, Good day! Hope someone can help me,, get comfuse with 3 out of 5 yrs,, I am a landed immigrant when I came here last august 2015,, I try to calculate my eligibility tru this website canadavisa and it say I am eligible to apply on august 2018,, but someone told me I need to wait until I am physically present here in canada for 5 yrs since I am a landed immigrant when I came here and Im not a working visa.. Can someone enlighten me,, thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone, Good day! Hope someone can help me,, get comfuse with 3 out of 5 yrs,, I am a landed immigrant when I came here last august 2015,, I try to calculate my eligibility tru this website canadavisa and it say I am eligible to apply on august 2018,, but someone told me I need to wait until I am physically present here in canada for 5 yrs since I am a landed immigrant when I came here and Im not a working visa.. Can someone enlighten me,, thanks
Answered you in another thread.
Short answer : that person is wrong :rolleyes:

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
IRCC website is your official source of info, it clearly says that 3 years are required to be eligible, however its not a "must" to apply as soon as you are eligible :), if you choose to wait additional 2 years so as not to upset that "someone", you could certainly do that :p:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/improvements/requirement-changes-2017.html

On a serious note, i would recommend you start preparing for your application now so that you are ready to apply in August, familiarize yourself with the required documents ..etc. It takes time to fill the forms and prepare the required documents.

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
This forum is not even at the level of a convenience sampling. So, you cannot get a any real significant statistical insight here.
Assuming 75,000 applicants from Mississauga (a big assumption), we still get to +-8% confidence interval at 121 tracked random applicants. If our method of tracking other offices is not different, we can reasonably interpret that the Mississauga office has some real challenges getting through its applications. Could be any number of things, but let's not let them off the hook. They have to deal with whatever is causing the backlog.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Yes, there could be some "True/False" statements as well..
Some said..2 sets of test handouts are given..Is is true? What is the actual passing marks? 80% ?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Some said..2 sets of test handouts are given..Is is true? What is the actual passing marks? 80% ?
I can assure you its more than 1 set, cause my wife and i got different questions...it could be more than 2, but why are you asking, shouldn't matter - just read the book a couple of times and solve as many online tests and you'll pass flawlessly. You need to answer 15 correct out of 20, so the pass mark is 75%.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I can assure you its more than 1 set, cause my wife and i got different questions...it could be more than 2, but why are you asking, shouldn't matter - just read the book a couple of times and solve as many online tests and you'll pass flawlessly. You need to answer 15 correct out of 20, so the pass mark is 75%.
I mean one person is given 2 sets of test handouts (2 question papers) when you write the test? is what I am asking you..

thanks for providing details, really appreciate it.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I mean one person is given 2 sets of test handouts (2 question papers) when you write the test? is what I am asking you..

thanks for providing details, really appreciate it.

BTW.. I was doing practice test on v-soul.com
seems like some answers are wrong..in the site.

Which province has the most bilingual Canadians?
A. Quebec.
B. Nova Scotia.
C. Ontario.
D. New Brunswick. -- Isnt this is correct answer?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
BTW.. I was doing practice test on v-soul.com
seems like some answers are wrong..in the site.

Which province has the most bilingual Canadians?
A. Quebec.
B. Nova Scotia.
C. Ontario.
D. New Brunswick. -- Isnt this is correct answer?
A is the right answer.
Most and bilingual Canadians are the key for the answer.
NB is the only officially bilingual province but it doesn't put it on the map as the 'most bilingual Canadians'.
You can have 500k francophones in NB and 1m anglophones but in Quebec the numbers win regardless of the oratio.

Reactions: aries9811