Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Okay so I resisted visiting this forum for good 4-5 days. Today I relapsed and read everything that I haven't read... I have a problem, I need to stop reading it and worrying all the time... But I cannot help but worry...

I am waiting for my Oath that is going to happen on April 20, 2018 in Mississauga... My ecas was updated a few days ago (the sheet is already updated)...

I do realize that I have been lucky to be given the Oath date while some are still waiting for test invites etc... but believe me, the anxiety and impatience does not stop even after you get the Oath date...

I am extremely paranoid about everything. I am afraid that something is going to happen to prevent me from taking that Oath on the 20th... Car accident, heart stroke whatever lol...

Here is a story that happened yesterday. WARNING IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, ILL OR CANNOT MANAGE YOUR NERVES, DO NOT READ IT lol...

Yesterday I was expecting to receive the snail mail Oath invitations, I took an early lunch from work to walk home (yes, I am lucky, I work close to my apartment building) and for some reason, I do not know why, I was worried that Canada Post is going to lose my invitations etc. Just had this feeling...

So I see the Canada Post truck pull up, I give the mailman 20 minutes... I go to check my mailbox - ONLY 1 of them is there (we were supposed to get 2, 1 for me and 1 for my spouse)... I am like "oops, it's not good"...

I immediately go to the truck, apologize, explain to him that I was waiting for 2 important letters and only 1 arrived. He was nice enough to care actually, so he says, okay may be they put it in another pile (we have 2 towers with identical apartment numbers, and mail often gets delivered to the other tower), he looks and voila, it was mistakenly put into another pile...

So I can only imagine how much pain and suffering I would have to go through to get another invitation... The guy was nice enough to go and put it in my mailbox right away (he could not give it to me directly obviously cuz it had my spouse's name on it)... But then image what would happen... As if I had some kind of intuition... :)

Anyways, the moral of the story is this: I cannot wait for it to be over... The wait is killing me every minute, I cannot focus on anything :) It's like you've been running a marathon, and the very last kilometer is very difficult to run cuz you know you are almost done...

Anyways, I do realize this is just a pile of bull crap from me, but I needed to vent... I wish today was April 20, 2018... 23 days left...
I know the feeling it’s like you trying reach and you just isn’t tall enough but you will get there on the 20 April and hold that certificate. Congrats

Reactions: ukulele

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Wow that was close! Glad you got your hands on both Oath invites and you've handled the situation very creatively.. i'm sure nothing else should go wrong, just relax and go early to your Oath ceremony (on the day of) to avoid traffic delays, or whatever else. :)

And true, you are lucky .. there are many still waiting in various stages of the process. I've been waiting for 2 months since DM and likely it'll be 4 more months at least, cause that's how Scarborough Office operates! :(:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: sofia.m and ukulele

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Good morning! My status changed today to Decision Made! Finally, after waiting for 1.5 months from my exam and interview. Hopefully the next update will be for my oath taking.
congratulations!
there are a few of us, waiting for DM after the test. I had been waiting only half a month, so I should just chill. But hopefully the oath invite comes to you soon, and hoping everyone's case progresses forward smoothly.

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
congratulations!
there are a few of us, waiting for DM after the test. I had been waiting only half a month, so I should just chill. But hopefully the oath invite comes to you soon, and hoping everyone's case progresses forward smoothly.
I am also waiting for DM and next week will be a month since my test.

Reactions: lonleyplanet1995

shkisha18

Mar 28, 2018
Hi,
I applied on October 16, 2017
AOR Nov 24, 2017
In process Dec 08, 2017
I have not heard back anything
The application was under the rule of 3 years completion out of 5
anybody has any idea why I did not receive anything yet?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi,
AOR Nov 24, 2017
In process Dec 08, 2017
Depending on your office, they may be doing background checks, or might be waiting to schedule a test with enough applicants to appear. Could be multiple reasons. I know it sucks, just try to be patient. It will happen for you!

readhp

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
I had my oath today. Officially a Canadian as of today :) ...I saw a lot of people who gave the test with me, so looks like lot of us got scheduled on the same day.

They didn't check anything other than my notice of oath and my PR card and they took my PR card right before the oath.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I had my oath today. Officially a Canadian as of today :) ...I saw a lot of people who gave the test with me, so looks like lot of us got scheduled on the same day.

They didn't check anything other than my notice of oath and my PR card and they took my PR card right before the oath.
Congrats!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
AOR Nov 24, 2017
In process Dec 08, 2017
Can you please share your location.

Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
Still no AOR. Thinking about sending a second application tomorrow. Has anyone gotten into trouble for doing so?

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Thank you Sherych. 3 weeks ago, I submitted a request for urgent processing due to work. Yesterday I called CIC to inquire about my application for urgent processing. The agent told me that my request was denied and that there was still an ongoing verification on the information on my application. I asked how long would it take for them to finish the verification, she said that she could not answer and I should just wait. I had so many trips abroad due to work, I was already thinking of the worst possible scenario, the Residency Questionnaire and providing all information about my work trips. I already prepared all proofs of my trips: letter of invitations, plane tickets, visa stamps, page of the immigration stamp, boarding passes of all my flights since I became a resident inCanada in 2010. I already submitted together with my application the details and proof of travel. Maybe that was the reason why I was not issued an RQ.

This morning, I checked my status and it was updated to Decision Made! There are 10 schedules for oath taking in Edmonton for April, I am hoping to be in one of them. Good luck on your application.

congratulations!

Last edited: