sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Just called the call centre, to get more details on my application(other than that it’s in proces), because when I called last time, my residence check was not done. However the agent was really impatient and assumed that I was calling to complain about processing time, which was not the case! I only called to get more information on my own application (that I am legally entitled to ??). She refused to answer my question about what checks are still not done , told me contradictory information and asked me to not call again. Can I complain to IRCC? Would they even care?
To be honest, this is even more depressing than an indefinite long wait, and I am just shocked that they treat people this way at IRCC. :(
I hear you buddy. I had DM but no oath. So called for the very first time and was told in process which is completely wrong. When I questioned, she just said 12 month processing time to make a decision.

Reactions: HAPPYFAN

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I hear you buddy. I had DM but no oath. So called and was told in process which is completely wrong. When I questioned, she just said 12 month processing time to make a decision.
Remember, too, that 12-month processing time is to DM. From there, it can be up to 6 months until oath.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Remember, too, that 12-month processing time is to DM. From there, it can be up to 6 months until oath.
Yes all I wanted to know was why I was not scheduled for oath when everyone (in my location with same test date as me) in this forum with DM as same day as me was scheduled for oath. No I am not comparing. All I really wanted to hear was “all good. Just wait for oath”. Just for peace of mind. I am happy to wait until October for oath if needs be but just needed to know everything is good. Everyone is different and everyone deals with things differently.

But instead I was confused when I got off the call. Yes sure I won’t call again. No use in calling anyway.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes all I wanted to know was why I was not scheduled for oath when everyone in this forum with DM as same day as me was scheduled for oath. No I am not comparing. All I really wanted to hear was “all good. Just wait for oath”. Just for peace of mind. I am happy to wait until October for oath if needs be but just needed to know everything is good. Everyone is different and everyone deals with things differently.
True buddy. I totally hear you. Hopefully you get yours soon. There are many people in this forum with the similar status. Lets hope for the best.

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
No you can’t after oath it’s 48 hours you have to wait to apply for a passport after you apply for passport rush time need ticket and evidence that you are leaving in my experience I apply regular in Montreal and I received 5 days later .... mi pana te quiere ir pal patio de bonche
5-days, pretty fast! I already have all my bookings done - it's a wedding so I can't change. But I need to decide if I will be getting a visa or not... Bonche? Lol...

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Yes all I wanted to know was why I was not scheduled for oath when everyone (in my location with same test date as me) in this forum with DM as same day as me was scheduled for oath. No I am not comparing. All I really wanted to hear was “all good. Just wait for oath”. Just for peace of mind. I am happy to wait until October for oath if needs be but just needed to know everything is good. Everyone is different and everyone deals with things differently.

But instead I was confused when I got off the call. Yes sure I won’t call again. No use in calling anyway.
That was my point too, I just really hope that CIC would stoping giving misleading/false info. Hopefully this post wont offend anyone on here.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Truth is after DM they should not hold our Oath atleast they have to give date even after a year we are good and will not complain but it must keep going not full of suspenses.
True buddy. I totally hear you. Hopefully you get yours soon. There are many people in this forum with the similar status. Lets hope for the best.

Reactions: Dark_Diamond

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Truth is after DM they should not hold our Oath atleast they have to give date even after a year we are good and will not complain but it must keep going not full of suspenses.
Exactly. At least give us oath date. Even if it is few months from now. I am ok to wait knowing the date.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This is true. They may have some restrictions in issuing oath invite for few months from now due to uncertainities. But many of us wish they could do this since it is difficult to wait.

Dawn2202

Dec 22, 2017
I had previously posted that we did not receive an oath invitation for my daughter (minor - 11 years old), but I was wrong. We found her invitation in the "junk" folder of our email. It was sent on the same day as the others.

The invitation includes a "Prohibitions Under The Citizenship Act" document that needs to be signed. Is this to be signed at the ceremony, or prior to? Do we sign this form on my daughter's behalf?

Any insight would be appreciated.