+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you are not aware what I said since you can't distinguish the difference between "he is right" and "to some extent he is right". It's pointless to discuss it anymore with you.
Have a great day!
To say he is "to some extent right" when he is, in fact, wrong, is just ridiculous. You cannot argue that IRCC is targeting a group of people when they aren't responsible for, or conducting, the checks that are causing the delay.

You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing - which makes the discussion pointless.

Have a good one.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No, you are not aware what I said since you can't distinguish the difference between "he is right" and "to some extent he is right". It's pointless to discuss it anymore with you.
Have a great day!
Hesam it does not matter who is right or wrong. Thanks for sharing your status. I have few Iranian friends with similar status like you and waiting for "security checks" to be completed after their test. Hope you get yours soon. Good luck

Reactions: Votenoo and He5aM

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
If you can post here, you can get ATIP. If you can’t read, you can still understand and follow instructions from the message.
it is funny, because I totally expected you saying this. I hope you can understand that "SOMEONE" does not mean ME. I am sure there are people out that can not read, and don't know how to use a computer. Well have yourself a wonderful day, I dont see why we should be arguing in public.

Last edited:

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no problem with waiting, I think you might have missed my point. The agent provided contradictory info(that i know is clearly false), and this was in addition to the fact that she was also being quite impatient during the call. In fact, I am totally fine with the 12 months wait, and simply wanted to know more about my own application, and myself! guess i am not allowed to.
I'm going to be as polite as I can. Imagine you x 1000's. You are all clogging the system - you are in fact the reason people who genuinely need to get in contact with IRCC cannot. You are the reason for the "we can't answer your call" messages.

When to call IRCC:

- If they have requested you to do so
- If you have applied and haven't received an AOR after 6 months
- If your application has been in process for > 12 months
- You have an actual reason to call (travel dates etc) after the test. The web form is still better.

Other than this, you have no reason to be calling or bombarding IRCC with e-mails or calls. If you listened to the messages on the call you would know that you shouldn't be calling. So sit back, relax and assume you'll be completed within the AVERAGE of 12 months. But be aware that it can be longer with backgrounds checks etc.

Have a good one.

Reactions: garygnu

He5aM

Oct 18, 2016
Hesam it does not matter who is right or wrong. Thanks for sharing your status. I have few Iranian friends with similar status like you and waiting for "security checks" to be completed after their test. Hope you get yours soon. Good luck
Thanks! I know it's due to a background check by CSIS, not IRCC! But as I mentioned to some extent you are right that people from specific countries go through a lot more screen compared to others! In other words, targeted by Canadian agencies for further investigation!
Good luck to you too if you are waiting!

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I'm going to be as polite as I can. Imagine you x 1000's. You are all clogging the system - you are in fact the reason people who genuinely need to get in contact with IRCC cannot. You are the reason for the "we can't answer your call" messages.

When to call IRCC:

- You have an actual reason to call (travel dates etc) after the test. The web form is still better.

Other than this, you have no reason to be calling or bombarding IRCC with e-mails. So sit back, relax and assume you'll be completed within the AVERAGE of 12 months. But be aware that it can be longer with backgrounds checks etc.

Have a good one.
Aha, in fact parts of the reasons I called was to informed them of a travel plan in the near future. Just forgot to mention at first.
Well thanks for spending the time to convince me that I am an unreasonable person, not sure that i am fully convinced. hopefully others are

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

When to call IRCC:

Other than this, you have no reason to be calling or bombarding IRCC with e-mails or calls. If you listened to the messages on the call you would know that you shouldn't be calling. So sit back, relax and assume you'll be completed within the AVERAGE of 12 months. But be aware that it can be longer with backgrounds checks etc.

Have a good one.
Aha, in fact parts of the reasons I called was to informed them of a travel plan in the near future. Just forgot to mention at first.
Well thanks for spending the time to convince me that I am an unreasonable person, not sure that i am fully convinced. hopefully others are
Please don’t stop I am really enjoying the free entertainment I was just about make some popcorn.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! I know it's due to a background check by CSIS, not IRCC! But as I mentioned to some extent you are right that people from specific countries go through a lot more screen compared to others! In other words, targeted by Canadian agencies for further investigation!
Good luck to you too if you are waiting!
To the best of my understanding, the actual issue is being able to get the accurate and complete information from that country - in order for the background check to be completed, that causes the delay. I think to any reasonable person, this concept is pretty easy to understand.

There is no need to make the suggestions being made here - because it's just wrong.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks! I know it's due to a background check by CSIS, not IRCC! But as I mentioned to some extent you are right that people from specific countries go through a lot more screen compared to others!
Good luck to you too!
Thank you for clarification though. That was exactly what I meant. But unfortunately some people in this forum want to interpret your sentences upside down and fight as much as they can.
Anyway, best of luck and hopefully you receive good news soon.

Reactions: Votenoo and He5aM

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not suggesting you are an unreasonable person. But I'm suggesting you need to just wait this out. If you are going to ignore all the advice and call them to try and found out if your application has progressed - don't be surprised when they won't tell you and tell you not to call back.

Reactions: HAPPYFAN

Francislopez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Do you know if we are allowed to get an express passport? Or is this option only for renewals?
No you can’t after oath it’s 48 hours you have to wait to apply for a passport after you apply for passport rush time need ticket and evidence that you are leaving in my experience I apply regular in Montreal and I received 5 days later .... mi pana te quiere ir pal patio de bonche

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, all of us are here to help each other through this not very pleasant process. If you can't provide helpful advice, don't post something that could offend someone else.
Sometimes the best advice can be hard to hear.

Reactions: garygnu

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Guys, all of us are here to help each other through this not very pleasant process. If you can't provide helpful advice, don't post something that could offend someone else.
Thank you Votenoo for your comment. This is one of the most positive comments has been posted in this forum today.

Reactions: Votenoo