+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
Is anyone here who have requested oath reschedule. Need to know how much time they will take to reply back. Specially in Calgary office. We have requested it on 19th March via fax and send letter and supporting documents with post also on same day and they receive it on 20th March.

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
Weird: Today my ECAS was updated with the following:

We sent you a notice on March 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

However, I got the email yesterday (March 21 not 14). Initially, they had my mailing address wrong - could this be it? That they sent the letter to the wrong address? Or that they forgot to "click" send to the notice (I got it next day I called to get an update) o_O

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Weird: Today my ECAS was updated with the following:

We sent you a notice on March 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

However, I got the email yesterday (March 21 not 14). Initially, they had my mailing address wrong - could this be it? That they sent the letter to the wrong address? Or that they forgot to "click" send to the notice (I got it next day I called to get an update) o_O
There have been others who didn't see ecas updates for a while, even when they got email/letters to invite them to tests or ceremonies.

So there's a chance someone clicked on the "generate invitation" button on March 14, but forgot to click the "send" and "publish on ecas" buttons. Or someone put in the wrong date when they clicked all buttons yesterday. The marvels of technology :D.

(The fact it only shows the update now, even though you got the mail yesterday is likely standard: the internal information seems to be sent to the external ecas only once per day, some time at night.)

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
There have been others who didn't see ecas updates for a while, even when they got email/letters to invite them to tests or ceremonies.

So there's a chance someone clicked on the "generate invitation" button on March 14, but forgot to click the "send" and "publish on ecas" buttons. Or someone put in the wrong date when they clicked all buttons yesterday. The marvels of technology :D.

(The fact it only shows the update now, even though you got the mail yesterday is likely standard: the internal information seems to be sent to the external ecas only once per day, some time at night.)

Indeed! I am one of those with a "lazy" ECAS that has not updated since In Progress even though I'm further along the process :)

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Hello, I summarized my experience earlier. But lost the link to my post.

I'll summarize it again. The test is not difficult to pass, but does have some tricky questions. Not sure if "tricky" is the correct word, I would say some of the questions are not phrased well, and could have double meaning depending on how you look at them. That being said, there were only 3 tricky questions on my test, rest were all straight forward. So for someone who reads Discover Canada 2-3 times ATLEAST, should have no problem scoring 15/20, which is the passing score. Reading and understanding Discover Canada is very important. Please make sure to read all the captions under every picture. You'd think something is not important, and yet it can show up on the test.

Interview is the easiest part. My experience was exceptionally good, thankfully. The officer looked at my COPR and saw "no goods to follow" and asked me why that is. I told them I have been in Canada for 11 years and everything I own is in Canada already. She didn't ask me any questions after that. Didn't even check my stamps in my passport. Showed my test results, congratulated me and done. Lasted 2 min.

Good luck!
Yay you are DM!!!! Toooooooooooooooooooooo long to wait. I don't even mind if they ask me to travel to Ottawa to take the ceremony. as long as it can be quick....

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
I am officially starting to lose it. Five months and my application still has not been opened. My MP contacted the minister's office and was told to wait yet another month before they check with them again. This is ridiculous. Last time I called CIC they still have my contact information from 4 years ago when I applied for PR.

Reactions: salimnw

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
I am officially starting to lose it. Five months and my application still has not been opened. My MP contacted the minister's office and was told to wait yet another month before they check with them again. This is ridiculous. Last time I called CIC they still have my contact information from 4 years ago when I applied for PR.

same here! when did you get AOR?

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Hi,
I received Test invitation yestereday. The test is scheduled for April 10th in Saskatoon. However, I am moving to Toronto so will request CIC to change my venue.
Thanks.
If you ask me or if I were you I would do the Test in Saskatoon then move to Toronto coz in Toronto it may even take months just to get a Test date slot!

Reactions: OsamaR and paritosh

yaoyaole

Nov 1, 2017
Hi here is my timeline for your reference

Vancouver
Sent 2017.10.12
Delivered 2017.10.18
AOR 2017.11.17
IP 2017.12.10
Test invite 2018.02.09
Test 2018.03.07
DM 2018.03.09
Oath invite 2018.03.22
Oath 2018.04.24

Reactions: Angy* and sebbie

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi here is my timeline for your reference

Vancouver
Sent 2017.10.12
Delivered 2017.10.18
AOR 2017.11.17
IP 2017.12.10
Test invite 2018.02.09
Test 2018.03.07
DM 2018.03.09
Oath invite 2018.03.22
Oath 2018.04.24
Added you to October sheet of global spreadsheet. Link is in my signatures

Reactions: yaoyaole

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Dont loose man its okay. I understand your situation but if you are not in need of urgent passport leave it as its not going to change life after it. Or send newone with same details and explain in coverletter that you think that it may be lost on way and add new physical oresence calculations too
Good luck !

Reactions: marby22