+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Create this as new account but my user name should be there AHA , am Toronto applicant. Today, I am super excited, I am one more step closer to end this journey finally, got my Test Invitation for April 04, 2018. I have been following lots of other applicants with their timelines and some of them even got their oat and it was stressing me out each time as I was on IP since Nov 28, 17, I was like crazy checking everyday my status online, anyways, I have a question, I got email for test today March 16 but my status shows that it was sent on March 12??? ;-) I don’t .. anyone has the same kinda experience.. hope for everyone and all the best
I'm just curious, but which office is doing your test?

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
There are many people who have been punished for such actions by CIC, one even got RQ and haven't heard back from them. Delay your trip for a day or two, you can get canadian passport on urgent basis.
And yeah!, you aren't gonna like my answer and no one can tell you when you will get the oath again. Well, simply because no one can.
Use your own diligence, especially in matters pertaining to your personal decisions.

Thank you winpro. The problem is our Oath is on Friday 1 pm so cant apply for passport till Wednesday and after getting Canadian passport need to apply Indian visa... All this will take at least two weeks.. :(

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
You can simply explain that to the officer that you forgot to mention it on the calculator. IMO, it's not a big deal at all.
@razerblade In your opinion should I let IRCC know (through the Web Form) about this oversight? Or should I wait until I get invited for test and interview?
I don't want this to delay my application.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@razerblade In your opinion should I let IRCC know (through the Web Form) about this oversight? Or should I wait until I get invited for test and interview?
It is much safer to wait and explain it in interview. Many people including me had the same issue. It is fairly common. Nothing would happen if you have enough margin.

Reactions: jeff.torbain

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update. I'm still alive. My application is still in-process and I'm expecting an update soon from the Edmonton office based on the average timelines from the spreadsheet.

Could Edmonton folks share their experiences?

Could whoever organizes the spreadsheet please update the October formatting via submission date so the people are fairly ordered in the rows. It's frustrating for me to have to scroll all the way down when I should be further up the list based on my timeline. October sheet is somewhat neglected.

Peace and thanks to all

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thank you winpro. The problem is our Oath is on Friday 1 pm so cant apply for passport till Wednesday and after getting Canadian passport need to apply Indian visa... All this will take at least two weeks.. :(
Wondering....why do many suddenly want to travel when they receive an invite for Test or Oath? :eek::eek: ..please don't make things complicated, we all know the process takes several months end-to-end and anything can happen in between...so better to avoid travel unless its extremely important, in that case you won't even have to ask cause you know your travel is really really important and will just go ahead with rescheduling your Oath or Test!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well, that's completely your choice. But if I were you, I would risk it and tell them in the interview, especially because it doesn't even count as an absence. The officers all seemed very nice, atleast at the Scarborough CPC. The invigilators who were conducting the exam, turned out to be officers. I did not see that coming. Some of them looked like interns TBH. Very nice and easy to talk to.

I suppose when I think of immigration officers, I imagine those scary intimidating US border officials.

Reactions: shoaibuc

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Well, that's completely your choice. But if I were you, I would risk it and tell them in the interview, especially because it doesn't even count as an absence. The officers all seemed very nice, atleast at the Scarborough CPC. The invigilators who were conducting the exam, turned out to be officers. I did not see that coming. Some of them looked like interns TBH. Very nice and easy to talk to.

I suppose when I think of immigration officers, I imagine those scary intimidating US border officials.
I mostly agree with this advice except I wouldn't say anything about it unless asked. I'm sure I missed a day trip or two into the US and nothing was said at any point in the process. Why draw attention to it unnecessarily?

You could request the entry/exit reports from US and Canadian border services to see if it's even noted. If it's not (which wouldn't be surprising), it's not something that would be known.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Anyone have idea about which historical date/year and historical figures are often repeated in test ?
Could be any. Better not to assume one is more important than the other. Even the least expected one could show up. There are several versions of the test, and could possibly vary from CPC to CPC too.

Following link nicely summarizes all the dates and events associated with them. Should help.

http://www.ccs-etraining.com/important-dates/

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I mostly agree with this advice except I wouldn't say anything about it unless asked. I'm sure I missed a day trip or two into the US and nothing was said at any point in the process. Why draw attention to it unnecessarily?

You could request the entry/exit reports from US and Canadian border services to see if it's even noted. If it's not (which wouldn't be surprising), it's not something that would be known.
If the officer goes through the stamps in the passport, it will stand out though. Canadian side stamps the passport, I have one. It's better to tell the officer before they find out and assume you were hiding it for whatever reason or wonder what else you're hiding, just my opinion. Depends on the officer I suppose.

But I can say for certain, it's not a big deal at all.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If the officer goes through the stamps in the passport, it will stand out though. Canadian side stamps the passport, I have one. It's better to tell the officer before they find out and assume you were hiding it for whatever reason, just my opinion.
If there is a stamp, sure. Mine wasn't always stamped by the Canadian side.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there is a stamp, sure. Mine wasn't always stamped by the Canadian side.
If you know about it, declare it. The officer has your CBSA travel history already.

Hiding or lying stuff causes needless problems.

Reactions: rezafc