+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Hi folks

I have a question. We have our oath ceremony on 6th of April. And we are traveling to India on 7th April. We have called CIC about it and they said we cant travel on Indian passport, We need Canadian passport to travel after Oath. In that case we have to cancel our tickets and wait for Canadian passport and Indian visa. Is there any workaround or solution of this condition...

Thank you..
You should either delay your trip by 2 days or delay the oath ceremony. You should probably get another ceremony from 1 month to several months.

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I just got an email today from IRCC for my request to expedite my citizenship application. I sent the request via webform on March 14. Here is the email content:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

R________ Agent 0
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

j_i_m

Apr 22, 2013
Hi, is anyone familiar with the background check/security clearance process?

I submitted my citizenship file on Oct 16, 2017, and I passed my test on Feb 14, 2018. I also had a seemingly very good/successful interview. However, in the last 30 seconds of the interview, the officer told me that my oath will be pending a "clearance" that could take "several months".

My search online indicates that historically, mostly clearances start upon application processing (November 14, 2017 in my case), and are completed within than 100 days. It's now been 120+ days since my clearance was supposedly started, and I'm beginning to worry.

I deeply appreciate the importance of these steps for the integrity of the citizenship process and safety of Canadians, but the lack of information on progress to the applicant can be nerve wracking. Any tips/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
My good people ... I need advise ... what happens if I forget a one day trip to US in my application?
I actually never went into the US, I flag poled. Does that even count?
Can I and should I contact IRCC to update?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My good people ... I need advise ... what happens if I forget a one day trip to US in my application?
I actually never went into the US, I flag poled. Does that even count?
Can I and should I contact IRCC to update?
You can simply explain that to the officer that you forgot to mention it on the calculator. IMO, it's not a big deal at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff.torbain

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi, is anyone familiar with the background check/security clearance process?

I submitted my citizenship file on Oct 16, 2017, and I passed my test on Feb 14, 2018. I also had a seemingly very good/successful interview. However, in the last 30 seconds of the interview, the officer told me that my oath will be pending a "clearance" that could take "several months".

My search online indicates that historically, mostly clearances start upon application processing (November 14, 2017 in my case), and are completed within than 100 days. It's now been 120+ days since my clearance was supposedly started, and I'm beginning to worry.

I deeply appreciate the importance of these steps for the integrity of the citizenship process and safety of Canadians, but the lack of information on progress to the applicant can be nerve wracking. Any tips/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It is security clearance and no one can give you a definite answer. Your best bet is to file for ATIP with CSIS, not with IRCC. They can probably tell you how far along are you in that process. That is the best answer I have for you.

Cheers and good luck.

j_i_m

Apr 22, 2013
It is security clearance and no one can give you a definite answer. Your best bet is to file for ATIP with CSIS, not with IRCC. They can probably tell you how far along are you in that process. That is the best answer I have for you.

Cheers and good luck.
Thanks!

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Please share your experience who have already gone though test and interview,, what questions they ask during interview?

A.H.A

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Create this as new account but my user name should be there AHA , am Toronto applicant. Today, I am super excited, I am one more step closer to end this journey finally, got my Test Invitation for April 04, 2018. I have been following lots of other applicants with their timelines and some of them even got their oat and it was stressing me out each time as I was on IP since Nov 28, 17, I was like crazy checking everyday my status online, anyways, I have a question, I got email for test today March 16 but my status shows that it was sent on March 12??? ;-) I don’t .. anyone has the same kinda experience.. hope for everyone and all the best

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Create this as new account but my user name should be there AHA , am Toronto applicant. Today, I am super excited, I am one more step closer to end this journey finally, got my Test Invitation for April 04, 2018. I have been following lots of other applicants with their timelines and some of them even got their oat and it was stressing me out each time as I was on IP since Nov 28, 17, I was like crazy checking everyday my status online, anyways, I have a question, I got email for test today March 16 but my status shows that it was sent on March 12??? ;-) I don’t .. anyone has the same kinda experience.. hope for everyone and all the best
updated, good luck!