+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I thought I sorted this out months ago regarding English requirements at the citizenship interview but just thought to double-check here...

If I'm immigrating from an English speaking country, what do I need to do for English language proficiency requirements my interview next week?
Do I also need to bring the original university degree from my English-instructing university?

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi, I received my AOR on Feb27 and I was able to check ECAS for the first two days but After that it gives the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Should I be worried? Thanks

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
Hello Guys

Question. I am with Calgary office. And our oath is on 6th April and we are leaving for India on April 7th. In that case we cant get any Canadian travel documents and our PR cards will be with them from the day of Oath, in that case CIC agent suggesting us to postponed our Oath.

Is anyone know if we postponed it how long it will take to again get the oath dates. I heard it may take years also to get it again.

Thanks in advance

itslulutime

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Montreal
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
Hi, I received my AOR on Feb27 and I was able to check ECAS for the first two days but After that it gives the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Should I be worried? Thanks
If you have two last names, use both... That happened to me also and i was worry af hehehe

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys

Question. I am with Calgary office. And our oath is on 6th April and we are leaving for India on April 7th. In that case we cant get any Canadian travel documents and our PR cards will be with them from the day of Oath, in that case CIC agent suggesting us to postponed our Oath.

Is anyone know if we postponed it how long it will take to again get the oath dates. I heard it may take years also to get it again.

Thanks in advance
It's not going to be years in Calgary. It's going to be weeks or months. But that's your only option - other than canceling/postponing your travel.

mqy

Jan 18, 2018
I didn't wait for a letter from CIC. I received police certificate yesterday, i went to Hamilton IRCC office and handed it over by hand and today I'm Decision made.
Congratulations my friend!
Hope you to see the ceremony invitation line soon!

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
I thought I sorted this out months ago regarding English requirements at the citizenship interview but just thought to double-check here...

If I'm immigrating from an English speaking country, what do I need to do for English language proficiency requirements my interview next week?
Do I also need to bring the original university degree from my English-instructing university?
I’m from an English speaking country. I brought my degree but she said she never wanted it. Only looked at my IDs.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011

zeabbas

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
4th May, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
9th January, 2013
Med's Done....
11th January, 2013
Anyone from Brampton or Mississauga who applied in the week of October 25
Did any such person got Test Invite

Looks like they are all dead slow not even just slow

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Guys

Thanks in advance
There are many people who have been punished for such actions by CIC, one even got RQ and haven't heard back from them. Delay your trip for a day or two, you can get canadian passport on urgent basis.
And yeah!, you aren't gonna like my answer and no one can tell you when you will get the oath again. Well, simply because no one can.
Use your own diligence, especially in matters pertaining to your personal decisions.

Reactions: Angy*

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Hello All

I have my citizenship test coming up and just wanted to ensure if I am taking all the documents for the day. Please let me know if I am missing anything:

+citizenship test letter

+PR card

+driving and health card from Ontario

+COPR

+ Passports within eligibility period (1 expired and 1 valid)

+study permit, off campus work permit and post graduate wp

+original IELTS and degree from Canada

+a copy of citizenship application

thanks
I didn't have proof of language and COPR. They didn't make a big deal out of it. And they had a copy of my application already so I don't think you need to carry one. But I do suggest that you should carry your COPR & proof of language.