+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

nty74

Nov 5, 2013
Please anyone from Saskatoon still waiting for DM after test? I have been waiting for DM since 14 feb after my test. What is wrong with the Saskatoon office? Any ideas?
I think once you finish the test, it's the checks that take time. Your local office doesn't have much to do with it. :(
My husband is in the same situation. IP since Feb 14th (Calgary)

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
Hi folks

I have a question. We have our oath ceremony on 6th of April. And we are traveling to India on 7th April. We have called CIC about it and they said we cant travel on Indian passport, We need Canadian passport to travel after Oath. In that case we have to cancel our tickets and wait for Canadian passport and Indian visa. Is there any workaround or solution of this condition...

Thank you..

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi folks

I have a question. We have our oath ceremony on 6th of April. And we are traveling to India on 7th April. We have called CIC about it and they said we cant travel on Indian passport, We need Canadian passport to travel after Oath. In that case we have to cancel our tickets and wait for Canadian passport and Indian visa. Is there any workaround or solution of this condition...

Thank you..
You can postpone your oath ceremony to be after your trip.

As you are Indian citizens that is probably best, as India does not allow dual citizenship (so your Indian passport may cease to be valid the moment you take the oath). Giving up Indian citizenship takes some time (and costs some money), and then you'd need to request a visa or OCI as well, to be able to travel to India.

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Hi folks

Thank you..

I think you can travel as long as you have PR card on you. because once you apply for canadian passport they will take your PR card...but please double check. same situation going to be with me.....I am checking that If i can apply for passport same day of oath day so i can fly...

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Anyone know if we can apply for passport same day of Oath day?
No, you cannot.

You must wait two business days after the ceremony before you apply for a passport. You can then ask for (and pay the fees for) urgent service (if you have proof of travel), which means you can pick up the passport at the end of the next business day (so at the earliest 4 days after the ceremony. More if your ceremony is on Friday or Saturday).

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017
Hi all,

I did my finger prints on Feb 26 & received the notice to appear for citizenship test on Mar 8, 2018. My test will be on Apr 18, 2018. Cheers

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
You can postpone your oath ceremony to be after your trip.

As you are Indian citizens that is probably best, as India does not allow dual citizenship (so your Indian passport may cease to be valid the moment you take the oath). Giving up Indian citizenship takes some time (and costs some money), and then you'd need to request a visa or OCI as well, to be able to travel to India.

Thank you

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
I think you can travel as long as you have PR card on you. because once you apply for canadian passport they will take your PR card...but please double check. same situation going to be with me.....I am checking that If i can apply for passport same day of oath day so i can fly...

The day we take Oath they will take our PR card so cant travel :(

kavitavala

Oct 31, 2017
No, you cannot.

You must wait two business days after the ceremony before you apply for a passport. You can then ask for (and pay the fees for) urgent service (if you have proof of travel), which means you can pick up the passport at the end of the next business day (so at the earliest 4 days after the ceremony. More if your ceremony is on Friday or Saturday).
And additionally to surrender Indian passport it will take 2 to 4 weeks and after that they will send us some certificate and we need that certificate to apply for Indian Visa. So cant travel within one or two months after oath

Reactions: vasvas

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi had my exam last Monday and now my online status is Decision Made.

shariqamd

Jan 12, 2015
I got the same message on Feb 27th and received the fingerprint request letter on Friday March 1st. FP's were done electronically and sent to RCMP on the same day and now back to the waiting stage.. I noticed some people got test invite within 2 weeks from submitting their FP's and some have been waiting for over a month now.

Good Luck.

Thank you. It was fingerprint request and I got them done and sent already. Now just the wait. And good luck to you too.