+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Amineinc

Jun 17, 2016
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader for the past 6 months. I now am sharing my experience to help those who might still be awaiting.

Application sent: Oct 11th, 2017
Application Delivered: October 18, 2017
AOR: December 1st, 2017
In process: January 8th, 2018
Citizenship Test Email invite: February 7th, 2018
Test: March 7th, 2018
ECAS Status changed/updated to Decision Made: March 8th, 2018

The test was extremely simple & easy. I finished under 3min and got 20/20. Maybe I over-prepared, But the questions are simple and straightforward, and most of them are simple facts that most people should know anyhow. If you give the Guide 1 or 2 reads you should be more than qualified to pass it.

The Interview after the test was simple as well. The Officer was very friendly, she asked what I thought of the test, then made some lovely small talk, She only checked my ID (Driver licence), PR card, then my passports (Current & Expired) to match the stamps to the days I stated on my application & Calculator (Couple US & South America trips). I was told that everything looks good, and they just have to wait for the security clearance. I should Expect an update in the next 3-12 weeks.

My ECAS was updated the next day to "Decision made", so I am waiting on receiving an Email or Mail to see what that means exactly.

Overall, I Started at 8h15, and was out by 8hr58. I believe some others would've had a much longer day.

PS: As stated, I definitely over-prepared for the test and went in with a lot of confidence. For the curious ones, I used (http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca) to prepare and it was fantastic. They do provide a free sample test, but I paid $29 to access the whole thing. Now that I am done, anyone interested, I still have a year access. But really, you hardly need anything beyond reading the guide as the test was really that simple.

Believe it or not, but there is also a great CBC series (Released last spring), it's a 10 parts/episodes series that covers the history of Canada from the Vikings to 2017. It is super patriotic and makes you proud and eager to become a Canadian and a part of this great nation. I recommend you give it a watch:

Cheers

Last edited:

Gondal the great

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
Additional doc request on 13 June 2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
dont know but it's in LVO as I saw it personally during my interview
Med's Request
8th July 2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013.....my kids done on 22-07-2013, medical receieved in ecase 28-07-13
Interview........
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014

I got test and interview on 28 February Edmonton and on interview I give her my police certificate from Pakistan. She said she don’t need but then said ok I put in file we might later need.
As soon as I left office they send me letter asking same police certificate Again . What the hack

I have sent email fax and letter saying please check my file it’s there and let me know for further step nothing heared .
Hanging between what to do but very positive it’s in ny file and they ask with out looking it in file .

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Mississauga Office is by far the slowest office in the whole federal government. I sometimes think that no body works there!
According to the stats in the spreadsheet Mississauga sent Oath invites to 7% of the applicants, while Scarborough didn't invite any single October applicant for Oath yet ..and they likely won't for at least a few months (unless a miracle happens).

I think Ottawa and Calgary are the best so far..

Last edited:

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader for the past 6 months. I now am sharing my experience to help those who might still be awaiting.

The test was extremely simple & easy. I finished under 3min and got 20/20. Maybe I over-prepared, But the questions are simple and straightforward, and most of them are simple facts that most people should know anyhow. If you give the Guide 1 or 2 reads you should be more than qualified to pass it.

The Interview after the test was simple as well. The Officer was very friendly, she asked what I thought of the test, then made some lovely small talk, She only checked my ID (Driver licence), PR card, then my passports (Current & Expired) to match the stamps to the days I stated on my application & Calculator (Couple US & South America trips). I was told that everything looks good, and they just have to wait for the security clearance. I should Expect an update in the next 3-12 weeks.

My ECAS was updated the next day to "Decision made", so I am waiting on receiving an Email or Mail to see what that means exactly.

Overall, I Started at 8h15, and was out by 8hr58. I believe some others would've had a much longer day.

PS: As stated, I definitely over-prepared for the test and went in with a lot of confidence. For the curious ones, I used (http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca) to prepare and it was fantastic. They do provide a free sample test, but I paid $29 to access the whole thing. Now that I am done, anyone interested, I still have a year access. But really, you hardly need anything beyond reading the guide as the test was really that simple.

Believe it or not, but there is also a great CBC series (Released last spring), it's a 10 parts/episodes series that covers the history of Canada from the Vikings to 2017. It is super patriotic and makes you proud and eager to become a Canadian and a part of this great nation. I recommend you give it a watch:

Cheers
GREAT POST! Thank you!:)

Reactions: Amineinc

Alipasha

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys,
Has anyone been asked to give a police certficate on the interview day based on the fact that before coming to Canada as a PR was living in their own country ?(6months before coming to Canada in own country during the 4 last years).
Thank you

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Congrats! Where are you located?
Hi All,

Cheers

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Hi Admin:
Please update my status:
Name: VM(Galant)
Local office: Mississauga

Other notes:
Hi Team:
We don't need to concern much for any information IRCC asks such as PPQ/QAE. Even though it is cost and time for us which involves expensive translations, Courier charges, finger prints; but we should try our best to satisfy them.
Citizenship officers are very good and they try to sort the file ASAP.
Mississauga office is the best office in the entire country.
They tell you the date of Oath on spot after exam most of the time. Generally they complete the whole process in less than 3 months.
The staff is very proactive and supportive.
I will update after the Oath
Thanks

Reactions: razerblade

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,
Has anyone been asked to give a police certficate on the interview day based on the fact that before coming to Canada as a PR was living in their own country ?(6months before coming to Canada in own country during the 4 last years).
Thank you
Policy says that a police certificate should be provided, assuming the total number of days over the last 4 years is 183 or more. Six months may just be shy of that number of days, so you may not need it -- I'd recommend you double check your calculations and request the certificate if it's 183 or more days. (Considering it can take quite a while to receive a police certificate it may be worth requesting one sooner rather than later, so as to avoid delaying your application.)

Some people have been asked to provide the certificate during their interview, as they had not included it with their application, but I don't know if that was the exact same situation as yours. Searching this forum for "police certificate" or "PCC" may help you find other people's experiences.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Admin:
Please update my status:

Other notes:
Hi Team:
We don't need to concern much for any information IRCC asks such as PPQ/QAE. Even though it is cost and time for us which involves expensive translations, Courier charges, finger prints; but we should try our best to satisfy them.
They tell you the date of Oath on spot after exam most of the time. Generally they complete the whole process in less than 3 months.
Thanks
Congrats! Did you receive the oath invite today or same day as your test ?

Gbenga262001

Dec 12, 2017
@Amineinc , congratulations... I read in your note that you still have a year to go on the practise questions you paid for online. If you don't mind, can you DM me ? I have a question for you. Thanks

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi Admin:
Please update my status:

Other notes:
Hi Team:
Thanks
You are lucky man, congrats!. I did my test in Mississauga too, but I was told roughly within 4-6 weeks I should expect a massage for Oath.