+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

PGWPARK

Nov 8, 2016
Montreal (single) applicant:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018

now that I got the citizenship exam scheduled. March 12, 2018.
Please update in the spreadsheet.

Thank you!

Reactions: initial

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have done the test on January 18th, but no decision made for 2 months. We will be stuck in security check for a very very long time either before the exam or after the exam. In your case, it's probably before the exam and when you get your exam done your DM will probably issue quickly. In my case, the exam is done but god knows how long the DM will be made. As others have mentioned for some it has taken up to 8 months for it depending on where you are from. Same happened to my wife, she did wait about 9 months three years ago after citizenship exam, no change and she suddenly got DM and oath at the same time. It's sad how it is that many get steps done in very very short time and some not, but that's how it is.
Infortunately this is true

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montreal (single) applicant:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018

now that I got the citizenship exam scheduled. March 12, 2018.
Please update in the spreadsheet.

Thank you!
Updated. Congrats!!

Did you the test invite on March 01?

decilion69

Nov 20, 2017
I have done the test on January 18th, but no decision made for 2 months. We will be stuck in security check for a very very long time either before the exam or after the exam. In your case, it's probably before the exam and when you get your exam done your DM will probably issue quickly. In my case, the exam is done but god knows how long the DM will be made. As others have mentioned for some it has taken up to 8 months for it depending on where you are from. Same happened to my wife, she did wait about 9 months three years ago after citizenship exam, no change and she suddenly got DM and oath at the same time. It's sad how it is that many get steps done in very very short time and some not, but that's how it is.
Thank you for the information. and thank you all guys for your responses. I was wondering why my application is not going forward although it was processed urgent. I have called IRCC and the agent told me my background check is over and I should receive test invitation anytime soon. Yet, I have not received test invitation after 3 months, and I see Montreal office sending test invitations to people who are in process since February. Good luck to all of us !

Reactions: salimnw

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I am going to miss my test this Saturday, as you guys advised i explained my reason
Through the webform, about 10 days ago.. Now they acknowledged receiving my email also they forwarded the email to the responsible local office but in the email they also mentioned that i have to contact that office as well with my reason.
Here is my issue:
Eventhough my ecas updated, i still have not received the official invitation letter so i do not know where my office is (scarbrough or Mississauga).
Any advice?
Anyone knows the direct email address for both offices?
All you need to do is contact the call centre and let them know that you haven't received the letter. They will arrange for another to be sent to you and let you know which center you need to attend? This isn't a great reason not to attend the test.

Francislopez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
I have a question for experts...mi friend was issue a fingerprint request , he is and October 16 applicant, he never did when he became PR , he asked the person that took FP why is this and she said ohhh RCMP have to check the system for clearance inside canada and other countries the system is link with USA etc
It’s that true guys?

theskyisblue

Jan 24, 2018
Calling the IRCC call centre is sometimes just not helpful. I sent a web form to try and reschedule my oath, No response from no where. I called and the lady said "well if you sent it then they will reschedule you". I 'm like ma'am the oath is next week, if i don't hear from them should i just go attend the oath as i have no choice?. No you can't, your oath would have been cancelled so no need to attend.
Me : But how can i know it was cancelled when i got no response...she goes "if you requested it to be rescheduled , they will remove you from the list and schedule you in the future. I understand ma'am but how will i know that it was done? silence....thanks for your time.

Reactions: Mazcar and salimnw

theskyisblue

Jan 24, 2018
Any one has any experience with rescheduling an oath or test invite. If you don't hear back from IRCC saying it has been rescheduled can you just attend if your situation changes (Meaning if you now determine you don't need it rescheduled closer to the date of the oath or test) or no need because you must wait as per your request.?

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello Guys,
I had my test yesterday (Feb 28, 2018) in Calgary and got 19/20.
During the interview, I was asked to mail copies (in color) of my expired and current passports to check the stamps in detail. Some of my entires after I became PR were not stamped. Fortunately, I had the copies with me at the time of the interview, so I think it is a good idea to take them with you if you have a lot of passport stamps.
Cheers,
Fredy

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello to everyone, I passed today the test, I would say it is different from all the tests online, it is close to but if you don't read the booklet, no many chances to pass it, so read carefully the book at least 2 3 times, and lots of online tests, that will help, I applied from Calgary in October . Good look everyone!
Hi kaktus, I have exactly the same opinion you have! I also did the test in Calgary yesterday.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Calling the IRCC call centre is sometimes just not helpful. I sent a web form to try and reschedule my oath, No response from no where. I called and the lady said "well if you sent it then they will reschedule you". I 'm like ma'am the oath is next week, if i don't hear from them should i just go attend the oath as i have no choice?. No you can't, your oath would have been cancelled so no need to attend.
Me : But how can i know it was cancelled when i got no response...she goes "if you requested it to be rescheduled , they will remove you from the list and schedule you in the future. I understand ma'am but how will i know that it was done? silence....thanks for your time.
They even screwed my brother's file who is an international student, graduated from GBC and then applied for his PGWP..
They sent a refusal letter after 8 months, after seveal follow-ups!
We have the most unaccountable/irresponsible Call-center agents from CIC..
That's all I can say.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Good morning everyone,

So my and my wife's application have been in process since Dec 19th. This morning I checked my E-CAS and found the below statement. My wife doesn't have any thing other than her application is in process since Dec 19:

We sent you correspondence on February 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does anyone know what could this be ?
It is most likely FP. you will get it within a week or so. FP is a simple process - take the letter along with the documents mentioned and get FP done; It adds few weeks to the processing timeline - nothing major.

PS:I got the letter on Monday - got FP done on Tuesday(2 days ago)!

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I DID A BIG MISTAKE-----------------NEED HELP

hello dear friends, i am coming here after long time.
i applied for my citizenship recently, a week back. still not received any intimation from IRCC
but i realised i did a big mistake
i mistakenly omitted to mention a country i went for one week during my eligibility period
i am worried if this will affect my application
and if IRCC considers this as wilful omission

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????

PLEASE HELP
do you have any buffer time on the application. Do you still qualify under 3/5 year rule even after considering the 1 week trip?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Infortunately this is true
It is true, but not for the underlying reasons that they all believe. It's not because they are Iranian, it is because the Iranian government takes its own sweet time answering the requests generated by CSIS. This is also true of those in other middle eastern countries as well as African and South American countries. If you read the boards of those waiting for their PR, you will find some stuck in background checks from Russia and Kazakhstan as well.

CSIS and ICC are not looking at your place of birth or your passport and trying to find ways to 'delay' you, however your native country has ways of delaying all of it on your behalf by not answering requests in a timely manner ...

I hope you all get to oath soon.