+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
gents please advise
I just saw decision made on both mywife and mine files but not for the son?

Son still in process, is that normal?
Thanks
Congrats, updated. May be it will be done later today.

Reactions: Hey

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say no.

My colleague (iranian) applied for citizenship on 29 Oct. I applied on 16th october. he already had his test on 08 feb. and i am still waiting for a test invite. so being an iranian has nothing to do with it.
Your country of birth doesn't affect processing time as far as test invite goes but very much affects your csis security clearance time. My friend did the test in Feb 2017 and her security clearance arrived in Oct 2017. And no DM is issued without csis clearing you.

punjabimunda

Apr 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Your country of birth doesn't affect processing time as far as test invite goes but very much affects your csis security clearance time. My friend did the test in Feb 2017 and her security clearance arrived in Oct 2017. And no DM is issued without csis clearing you.
What is CSIS?

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Got my test date on Feb 27th for March 15th. I still haven't received the actual invite though - it says by mail I thought now a days it is sent by email ill keep an eye on both forms but so far no official invite only on ecas

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my test date on Feb 27th for March 15th. I still haven't received the actual invite though - it says by mail I thought now a days it is sent by email ill keep an eye on both forms but so far no official invite only on ecas
Updated. Congrats!!

Did you get test invite from Ottawa visa office?

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Updated. Congrats!!

Did you get test invite from Ottawa visa office?
I believe so but there is no way to tell just yet till I get the official invite

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

That is all it says. I am not sure if mail means email or actual letter mail - I was positive it should be by email now a days as I received my AOR that way

He5aM

Oct 18, 2016
Is there any Iranian Applicant who received test invitation or did oath ceremony, especially from Montreal? I have been in process since 21 November ...
I have done the test on January 18th, but no decision made for 2 months. We will be stuck in security check for a very very long time either before the exam or after the exam. In your case, it's probably before the exam and when you get your exam done your DM will probably issue quickly. In my case, the exam is done but god knows how long the DM will be made. As others have mentioned for some it has taken up to 8 months for it depending on where you are from. Same happened to my wife, she did wait about 9 months three years ago after citizenship exam, no change and she suddenly got DM and oath at the same time. It's sad how it is that many get steps done in very very short time and some not, but that's how it is.

Reactions: Dark_Diamond

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi
Being Iranian has everything to do with it. Here in Ottawa, I know 6 cases including my wife all done the test all waiting for csis security check to come. Some over a month now. No DM.
I know an Iranian from Ottawa who took an oath 3 weeks ago.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Hi guys
I am going to miss my test this Saturday, as you guys advised i explained my reason
Through the webform, about 10 days ago.. Now they acknowledged receiving my email also they forwarded the email to the responsible local office but in the email they also mentioned that i have to contact that office as well with my reason.
Here is my issue:
Eventhough my ecas updated, i still have not received the official invitation letter so i do not know where my office is (scarbrough or Mississauga).
Any advice?
Anyone knows the direct email address for both offices?