+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
I know, I just want to understand how the process is done! It looks too random to me at every stage, no rhythm exist!
very random it's like flipping a coin , I have seen applicants getting a test invite and DM and they have applied late December ! .
I want to be done with this before July coz I will be moving to Calgary and I don't wanna get things Mixed up with changing province and changing offices

Reactions: He5aM

sebbie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
very random it's like flipping a coin , I have seen applicants getting a test invite and DM and they have applied late December ! .
I want to be done with this before July coz I will be moving to Calgary and I don't wanna get things Mixed up with changing province and changing offices
Are those late December applicants with test invites people you know? I don't see anyone on the spreadsheet like you describe.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Congratz to you!
Have done the test in Montreal on January 18th, still, no decision made update!
Was everything perfect at the interview?
Personally, I had 20/20 on my test and got all my originals of everything.
Then I asked her if I would get decision made soon, she replied to me: "yes, withing 5 days normally, then you should get the ceremony within 2-3 months but it could take up to 6 months" she told me.

He5aM

Oct 18, 2016
Was everything perfect at the interview?
Personally, I had 20/20 on my test and got all my originals of everything.
Then I asked her if I would get decision made soon, she replied to me: "yes, withing 5 days normally, then you should get the ceremony within 2-3 months but it could take up to 6 months" she told me.
Everything was perfect at the interview! I did the test in 5 min and scored 20/20, the first person to do the interview with the judge (Maybe I should not have done that :(). He said everything is good, congratulated me and I signed the paper, then he said you will be invited for oath maximum up to 6 months similar to what you mentioned.
But well who knows, it looks it's so random in processing and updating files even at DM and oath stage!

Last edited:

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys im new to this thread. I had my test and because i was abroad for over 183days the officer asked for a police background check from the country i was at. However, I wasn’t in one country the whole time, i was traveling, she told me to give her the dates of when i traveled and when i left ( because they don’t stamp your passport when you travel within the European countries ). Turned out that I’ve stayed in each country less than the amount of days and she didn’t say anything about it she just asked me to bring the original copy of my immigration sheet with me when i come to my oath ceremony beacuse I didn’t bring with me to the interview . Do you think i still will be asked for the police background check or not. Because if so it will take quite a time since i have no one in those countries.

shariqamd

Jan 12, 2015
Do they send letter by mail for test invitation? How long your file generally stay in process before test invitation? Thank you guys and I will appreciate somebody replying.

Last edited:

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
Man, I'm in a similar situation. I'm probably going to move to another province this summer and would prefer to be done with this process before May comes.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Guys, Oath Ceremony is a letter, eh? Never an e-mail, eh?
My local office specifically told us before the exam that they are trying move away from regular mail when it comes to test/oath invites. And also, the officer at the interview said the same thing and made sure i re-confirmed my email address for oath invite. Hope that helps

Reactions: MarceauBletard