+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
received test invitation this morning, February 15, and test date is March 8. Pleas update the tracking information. Thank you.

Now I'm really in dilemma. I have a trip out of Canada from Feb 27 to Mar 8 and suppose to arrive in Canada on March 8 6:30am and the test time is at 1:30pm. do you think I could make it? I really don't wanna reschedule it... who knows how long it will be postponed... :oops:
Well timing wise may be ok. However, you need to factor in possibilities of flight delays, and/or airport delays. I would recommend not to postpone the test/interview. I would rather come back a day or two early. Good luck!

BTW, are you being processed at Scarborough ?

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Is there anyone from ottawa who got test invite after getting IP after 20th January. looks like Ottawa office is halted now... :(
In fact, Ottawa is one of the offices which made fast progress so far. If your case went into process after January 20, you may expect the test invite some time in March or even April. Please note that Ottawa still sends snail mail for test and oath invites, so allow few additional days to receive the notice.

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
Just a quick question

I didn't get my test invite yet, but from what I understands the officer will have an interview with you and go over your documents and passports stamps. Now, I have some that are not in English. Do you guys think its a good idea to get them translated just in case if the officer want to see them?

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Well timing wise may be ok. However, you need to factor in possibilities of flight delays, and/or airport delays. I would recommend not to postpone the test/interview. I would rather come back a day or two early. Good luck!

BTW, are you being processed at Scarborough ?
I'm going to Israel.... I don't wanna shorten my trip..... yes Scarborough town centre for test....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I'm going to Israel.... I don't wanna shorten my trip..... yes Scarborough town centre for test....
If all goes well, meaning no flight/airport delays, then you should easily be able to make it for the test. I guess my suggestion would be to keep checking your return flight status and weather conditions in Canada several days before your flight. If there is a slightest hint of delays, pre-pone it if possible.

Reactions: ecstrom

He5aM

Oct 18, 2016
be positive you will be Canadian soon , that going to be the goal that is 1 step for you to go
Gave them a call, They said you have to wait and they did not have any specific reason why ECAS is not updated to decision made.
Hopefully, it will change soon!

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
In fact, Ottawa is one of the offices which made fast progress so far. If your case went into process after January 20, you may expect the test invite some time in March or even April. Please note that Ottawa still sends snail mail for test and oath invites, so allow few additional days to receive the notice.

Hey thanks , I am not being impatient ...just calling for Ottawa people to update their status who received IP after 20th January... may be people got busy and forgot to do so... .. based on my observation from spread sheet, people who got IP between 1st jan to 15th jan in ottawa usually got their test invite in 10-15 days ...

arch.ca

Sep 19, 2012
Pls update.
I took the test with 20/20 on Feb. 14 Vancouver. The interview was straight forward, just questions about job and travel history. I missed one day-trip to US on my presence calculator sheet, but it is no problem.
I got DM on Ecas on Feb. 15. And the official said the ceremony will be 2-5 months.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls update.
I took the test with 20/20 on Feb. 14 Vancouver. The interview was straight forward, just questions about job and travel history. I missed one day-trip to US on my presence calculator sheet, but it is no problem.
I got DM on Ecas on Feb. 15. And the official said the ceremony will be 2-5 months.
Updated. Congrats!!

readhp

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Had my test this morning in the Mississauga office. Test was straightforward and I scored a 20/20.

Something interesting happened after the interview though. The officer told me verbally that he is approving my application and will be giving me my oath letter on the spot!!! So, I got my oath letter and my oath is scheduled on March 28.

ECAS still shows In Process but I assume it will change to Decision Made soon.

I had a vacation planned for which I was supposed to fly out 2 nights ago. I am so glad that I postponed & cut my trip short.

Please update the spreadsheet. Thank you and good luck everyone else!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test this morning in the Mississauga office. Test was straightforward and I scored a 20/20.

Something interesting happened after the interview though. The officer told me verbally that he is approving my application and will be giving me my oath letter on the spot!!! So, I got my oath letter and my oath is scheduled on March 28.

I had a vacation planned for which I was supposed to fly out 2 nights ago. I am so glad that I postponed & cut my trip short.

Congrats. how hard was the test? Do the questions @ http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz cover most of it?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Updated. Congrats!!