+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an email for my oathtaking this coming Feb 27th. Edmonton. Sadly i am going for a vacation for a month starting this coming Feb 15 to March 16. I did inform cic agent about it after my test last january 10th and put a note of my file regarding to this vacation. But this afternoon i got this email. I phoned cic about this case but he said that he cant do about it like put a note on my file again cause my application is already done. He said i have to notify the local CIC either web form or thru email that they provided on the letter. I did both just to make sure. Question. How long it will take to re schedule the oath ceremony in edmonton? Any idea please. Thank you

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Hi Team and Specially who got PPQ/QAE request:
I got the mail by Canada Post for citizenship exam which is scheduled on 22 Feb in Mississauga
They asked me 3 documents which I attached with PPQ/QAE DOCS: Original IELTS, Employment letters and Letter from Landlords.
This is a good news, that they opened my document submitted and verifying it with originals.
PPA/QAE decisions seems to be as regular applicants. They are really doing fast.
Cheers and have a nice weekend guys!!
hii, what is PPQ and QAE request? thx in advance

OzInVan

Aug 30, 2015
Hi seniors, i am a silent follower of this forum. As few members have mentioned about urgent processing, i am wondering what criteria qualifies ur application for URGENT PROCESSING?

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Hi seniors, i am a silent follower of this forum. As few members have mentioned about urgent processing, i am wondering what criteria qualifies ur application for URGENT PROCESSING?

One example might be that you work for a company that wants you to do international travel but can’t put you in that job unless you are Canadian. Same with certain government jobs.

Has to have documented proof and even then they are at their discretion of whether to accept.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
First time poster here, please update my process
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 24, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 8, 2018 at 8:15 AM.
  5. Appeared for exam Feb 8. Passed (location Scarborough)
  6. Decision Made Feb 09
Added to global spreadsheet

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an email for my oathtaking this coming Feb 27th. Edmonton. Sadly i am going for a vacation for a month starting this coming Feb 15 to March 16. I did inform cic agent about it after my test last january 10th and put a note of my file regarding to this vacation. But this afternoon i got this email. I phoned cic about this case but he said that he cant do about it like put a note on my file again cause my application is already done. He said i have to notify the local CIC either web form or thru email that they provided on the letter. I did both just to make sure. Question. How long it will take to re schedule the oath ceremony in edmonton? Any idea please. Thank you
Have you contacted Edmonton visa office or tried using a web form.

medoo

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did the web form and email the local cic edmonton yesterday after i got the email
Hi can you please help me to find same information for Calgary? I want the web form and the email for Calgary thanks

Jizmilak

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
We've got the oath date.

Decision made: Feb. 7, 2018 (a day after the test)
Oath invitation letter date: Feb. 7, 2018
Citizenship ceremony date: March 29, 2018 (Calgary)

Would you please update the google datasheet?

Last edited: