Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
IMO, it's shouldn't be an issue, as long as you had a good buffer on top of the 1095 days. You could explain to them during the interview.
Thanks razerblade. I got so concerned about this when I noticed that. Yes I have about 1290 days. I will print out the ticket and show it to them if they ask.

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
I traveled to South America and in my passport there are entry and exit stamps in Spanish language. In open door society, I asked them to translate but they told me it's clearly shows the date and doesn't need to translate. Does anyone have experience about it?
I got 1 stamp in spanish. It wasnt an issue for me. But Im in Montreal, the officer speaks French (close to spanish). Either way, I dont dont it would be a problem

fwhitaker

Apr 6, 2017
Likely just an FP request, less likely request for more information.
Thanks. I thought so.

It's odd that I need to do it again and my wife doesn't. I did for the PR and she didn't. Also, if I did for the PR, they should be able to use that info now... who knows.

Anyways I'm traveling and will do it, it it is FP, once I'm back. Wife said it didn't arrive yet.

At least it is moving.

fwhitaker

Apr 6, 2017
most likely it is finger print request. In my opinion - it doesnt delay the application by much considering the location averages. Many applicants have reported 2-4 weeks of addition to the timeline.

You are in the best position to tell us - between your and your wife's application :) good luck!
That's the thing. Like my reply for razerblade, it is odd that it is always with me. And they have already my FP from the PR application. I thought they would be able to use that info....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks. I thought so.

It's odd that I need to do it again and my wife doesn't. I did for the PR and she didn't. Also, if I did for the PR, they should be able to use that info now... who knows.

Anyways I'm traveling and will do it, it it is FP, once I'm back. Wife said it didn't arrive yet.

At least it is moving.
Well, few people here mentioned that IRCC purges all fingerprint records after a few months. Maybe that's why you have to do it again.

It is also believed that FP request is sent when your name and/or bio profile results in a hit in the RCMP/CSIS database. They request for your FPs to make sure it's not you.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
That's the thing. Like my reply for razerblade, it is odd that it is always with me. And they have already my FP from the PR application. I thought they would be able to use that info....
I read about this somewhere - so i am not 100% sure.

They are not allowed to store the finger prints unless someone is a convicted.

So if you took them for the PR - once the purpose is completed they are legally bound to destroy them or Purge the record. So it cannot be re-used for something else.

Hence they request again - hopefully this makes sense.

fwhitaker

Apr 6, 2017
Well, few people here mentioned that IRCC purges all fingerprint records after a few months. Maybe that's why you have to do it again.

It is also believed that FP request is sent when your name and/or bio profile results in a hit in the RCMP/CSIS database. They request for your FPs to make sure it's not you.
I read about this somewhere - so i am not 100% sure.

They are not allowed to store the finger prints unless someone is a convicted.

So if you took them for the PR - once the purpose is completed they are legally bound to destroy them or Purge the record. So it cannot be re-used for something else.

Hence they request again - hopefully this makes sense.
Thank you both.

It is odd that my name would trigger anything since I never did anything wrong and the probability of having a person with same info is almost none. I have 4 different surnames, a brazilian thing since most brazilians carry surnames from both parents, and never heard of anyone that carried the same surnames I did in the same order.

I'll know once the letter arrives. Based on how slow their communication is, I believe it will be sometime next week.

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Hey gang,
Can anyone decipher this line for me please?
Is my file stuck at CSIS? Or are they checking with CRA, Border Service etc.?

"Please note that we are awaiting the results of one or more of your regulatory clearances. Once these have passed, the local office will be in contact with you to schedule your citizenship test event."

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Thank you both.

It is odd that my name would trigger anything since I never did anything wrong and the probability of having a person with same info is almost none. I have 4 different surnames, a brazilian thing since most brazilians carry surnames from both parents, and never heard of anyone that carried the same surnames I did in the same order.

I'll know once the letter arrives. Based on how slow their communication is, I believe it will be sometime next week.
Let's say your first name and middle name are Luiz Roberto, even without your last names, if someone else with the same first names share some bio similarities with you, this could trigger FP.

I'm not sure if things have changed but in the USA, FP request applies to every single applicant no matter their age.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I have another question from experts and I appreciate if you can help me.
I just noticed that I made a mistake for 1 day. In one of my trips from US back to Canada, I was supposed to arrive to Canada in late evening (9.30pm). However, it seems my flight had few hours delay and I arrived into Canada in early AM. Thats why the entry stamp on my passport shows one day difference from my reported day of arrival (I reported the date base on my ticket).
What do you guys recommend about this?
They are not concerned about the difference of fews ... until or unless that difference affect the minimum residential

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
Hey gang,
Can anyone decipher this line for me please?
Is my file stuck at CSIS? Or are they checking with CRA, Border Service etc.?

"Please note that we are awaiting the results of one or more of your regulatory clearances. Once these have passed, the local office will be in contact with you to schedule your citizenship test event."
Did you get an email with this info?

Feb 7, 2018
Please add my information -
Application sent Oct 11
Application Received Oct 16
AOR Nov 09
IP DEC 8
Test Invite JAN 8
Test Date Feb 6
DM Feb 9

Location Calgary, Single

Question - How long does it take for the status update to change from DM to An oath date line after DM, does it usually happen right after or does it take few weeks after DM appears.

Thanks and good luck