+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Guys i just discovered an error. I went to the UK directly from Canada and came back from the UK to Canada for two weeks in 2014 which i put on my days out of the country on my application and i just discovered while looking at my passport that i actually stepped into France for a few days and came back into the UK and i did not declare that. Would this be an issue? What to do as the stamp shows entered and left France within the period i already declared out of Canada in the UK only. It doesn't affect my number of eligibility days as its the same but would this be flagged during interview?
Well given that it doesn't impact your physical presence in Canada, IMO I would say it would be a non-issue.

What I'm not sure about is whether it's worth correcting this minor mistake using the webform. Since you have a stamp from France on your passport, there's a chance the officer would scrutinize it during the interview, but you could simply explain that on the spot.

Some folks forgot to account for complete trips and were still ok because they had a large buffer.

Your call.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hi guys, it's been a while. I just got my FBI clearance. Do I send it sealed together with my application or it doesn't matter if it's open?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application submitted: Oct 22, 2017
AOR: Dec 6, 2017
Ecas shows processing starts from Jan 7, 2018.
Plz update in spreadsheet
Added you to spreadsheet. Can you share your application type (single/family), physical presence days, and application sent date.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Added. Congrats! Do you live a significant distance away from the Vancouver IRCC office/CPC ? Wondering the reason for your oath being on the same day as your test. Thanks
Thank you.Yes. We do actually leave 10 hours away. But I haven't received the letter from the mail yet. I am thinking and hoping that it would be in Calgary as we are just 2 hours away. We're from Lake Louise AB BTW

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
I had an exam today. It was easy 20 out of 20. I suggest you to read the book once at least. Few true false questions few history others general knowledge about Canada. We are not allowed to discuss more than that.

Interview was good with nice officer. Thanks to all of them. Good luck to you
Congrats. Quick question, do you mean that the test question weren't all multiple choice questions? Did u have ture and false questions ? And if you don't mind how many each? Thx

Reactions: Babayaro

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Guys i just discovered an error. I went to the UK directly from Canada and came back from the UK to Canada for two weeks in 2014 which i put on my days out of the country on my application and i just discovered while looking at my passport that i actually stepped into France for a few days and came back into the UK and i did not declare that. Would this be an issue? What to do as the stamp shows entered and left France within the period i already declared out of Canada in the UK only. It doesn't affect my number of eligibility days as its the same but would this be flagged during interview?
if they asked you during the interview explain it, and I don't think it will be an issue.

Fwheelbooler

Nov 13, 2017
The form actually says if you went to multiple countries on one trip, you just state the one you were in longest then add any others in the comments field when doing the residency requirement. I think you could explain it away fairly safely - it seems like an honest oversight.

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
Congrats. Quick question, do you mean that the test question weren't all multiple choice questions? Did u have ture and false questions ? And if you don't mind how many each? Thx
3 true false question and still answer is a or b. I can't discuss specific information but it was mostly general knowledge about Canada. I think 2 question was about history. Study the book once at least. Good luck

Reactions: Whocares and mosaab

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) ... don't remember the exact options I chose, took several attempts to connect to an agent

Be advised, not all agents share the status. I was lucky to find one willing to do so on my first attempt. Spent 30 min on hold.
I called this morning, the agent said my file is still in Sydney office - even though I told her the status showed 'In Process' since 2 months ago and the CIC website clearly stated 'In Process' means 'Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.'....