+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, In my ecase the address shown is wrong. The address on my attachment that i recieved as an aor is correct, but the mailing address is wrong (its a very old address from my pr from my home country), and my home address which was supposed to be the same as the mailing address is wrong. It had a link below to notify cic of the change of mailing address and i did that, do i need to call cic as well or just the online notification of address change is enough?
Online request to change address on ECAS is enough. Should take upto 72 hours for it to update. Sometimes longer. If your mailing address and home address are the same, mailing address will dissapear from ECAS, once the update takes effect.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Hi All, I am little worried, someone who applied a the same from Niagara Fall and got in process little later than me got test invite, I haven't seen't anything . Should I call?

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi.
For ppl who done the test.
What sort of questions you have? Which online test seems more relevant ? Thanks.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi All, I am little worried, someone who applied a the same from Niagara Fall and got in process little later than me got test invite, I haven't seen't anything . Should I call?
To help you put things in perspective: some people passed their test, ecas updated Decision Made (DM) but wait 5 + months to get Oath invite; while some waited for a long time to get test invite but got DM and oath within 2 months.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
No need to call. Every case is different. One person getting AOR or IP before another doesn't guarantee that they'll take the test or even oath before the other.

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Please add me to the spreadsheet
Family application (husband, wife and one child)
Residence: 1,500 days
App sent: 12-OCT-2017
Received: 16-OCT-2017
AOR: 10-NOV-2017
In process: 12-DEC-2017
test invitation received: 08-JAN-2018
Test date: 08-FEB-2018

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
In the ECAS I found the following two updates:
4. We sent you correspondence on January 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

However, we received only test invitation letters from IRCC. I was expecting to receiving two letters: one asking for additional information or maybe fingerprints and another one for test invitation but I found only one letter in my mail box for test invitation? Does it mean the correspondence which IRCC was referring to in item(4) was the test invitation?
The test invitation letter included a check list for documents I have to bring with me for citizenship test/interview.
Can you please advise please?

Francislopez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
I think its most likely a FP request as we had few ppl in this thread getting a FP request and test invite sent simultaneously. They use the same text for FP request and RQ. So you can confirm only when you receive the letter. Lets hope its a FP request. Also you can contact CIC call centre. They do sometimes tell you exactly what it is
I call cic and they say they don’t know because it’s a letter thru the mail close envelope

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi,

I have an interview/test in 3 weeks but i don't have the original COPR i lost it, i have a copy

Should it be a problem ?

Francislopez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
In the ECAS I found the following two updates:
4. We sent you correspondence on January 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

However, we received only test invitation letters from IRCC. I was expecting to receiving two letters: one asking for additional information or maybe fingerprints and another one for test invitation but I found only one letter in my mail box for test invitation? Does it mean the correspondence which IRCC was referring to in item(4) was the test invitation?
The test invitation letter included a check list for documents I have to bring with me for citizenship test/interview.
Can you please advise please?
Hi friend if you look you’re Ecas you will see test invitation and in other line they send you a letter thru regular mail maybe it’s fingerprint they also put how long you have to make it

Reactions: migrant-seeker

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Hi friend if you look you’re Ecas you will see test invitation and in other line they send you a letter thru regular mail maybe it’s fingerprint they also put how long you have to make it
Thank you. I received only the test invitation letter and I have not received any other letters. I tried to call IRCC to understand but they are not picking up the phone and their voice message is saying it is due to high volume of phone calls