+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
To those who claimed urgent processing is required - what reason did you state? And did you just complete the web form here?

I'll need to travel for work in Jan 2018 to a country that will require a visa with my current citizenship, and will not need one once I become Canadian. The problem is that this trip is not yet confirmed, and will be finalized in very short notice (matter of days between when I'm told of the meeting date/country, and when I have to fly out). Getting a visa (as you all know) often requires a few weeks, where I would need to submit my current passport. In other words, with my current passport, it's likely I won't get a visa in time to attend the meeting...but I can't apply for a visa now, as this meeting has not yet been finalized! Obviously if my application is processed quickly, I'd be able to attend the meeting without any issues whatsoever (current status: AOR since Nov 21).
I don't think this will help you get your citizenship processed faster. you can always give it a try but I think you will waste your time.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Merry christmas everybody ... hope next christmas we will all be canadian citizens

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Not sure if I shared my mother’s timeline here but here it is. Does anyone know if the process or wait times are different for seniors applying for citizenship over age of 60? Application sent to Mississauga
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2017.

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Everyone is assuming forms will be released in the early hours of Oct 11. And yeah people who came to Canada *after* getting PR in the last 3 years will need to get police certificates.

What’s this needing police certificates? Would one still need it if they haven’t left Canada since becoming a PR?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
What’s this needing police certificates? Would one still need it if they haven’t left Canada since becoming a PR?
Applicants who have been in another country for six months or more (total) during the preceding FOUR years are instructed to submit a police certificate from that country.

Item 10.b in the application asks the applicant to declare, yes or no, whether the applicant was in another country for six months (total) during the four years prior to applying. If the applicant checks "yes" the applicant is instructed to provide a police certificate from that country or explain why one cannot be obtained.

There is nothing in the question or instructions which suggests or says date the applicant became a PR has any relevance. Nonetheless, some forum participants have argued that if the applicant was not in the other country since becoming a PR, no police certificate is necessary. Others have even argued that in responding to item 10.b applicants do not need to count any days in a country that were prior to becoming a PR. Those positions are, at best, suspect.

Checking "no" in response to item 10.b will allow the application to pass the completeness screening. Obviously. Thus, applicants taking that approach will get AOR. That is NO indication at all that it is OK to respond "no" when the truthful answer would be "yes."

Reactions: orchids8

abman52

Dec 27, 2017
ECAS updated today as per below-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
Have not yet received AOR or application #. Has anyone experienced it?