+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

K001

Nov 4, 2014
Hello Guys,

My application was delivered on Oct. 16th. I haven't receive AOR Yet :(. Is there anybody else who submitted/delivered application in same week and still waiting for AOR?

Also, can you please advise what should be next step to follow up with CIC?

Thanks
i am an October 16 applicant as well and haven/t received an AOR yet. We just have to be patient and wait until we hear back from them. I know how annoying and frustrating this is and that its not easy to jut wait for the AOR, but unfortunately there isn't much that we can do at this point. You can try sending them an online inquiry but i am not sure if its going to help because we are not in the system yet. I tried it and i haven't heard back from them yet.

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
i am an October 16 applicant as well and haven/t received an AOR yet. We just have to be patient and wait until we hear back from them. I know how annoying and frustrating this is and that its not easy to jut wait for the AOR, but unfortunately there isn't much that we can do at this point. You can try sending them an online inquiry but i am not sure if its going to help because we are not in the system yet. I tried it and i haven't heard back from them yet.
I'm trying to adopt a positive attitude as time goes on and just wait it out as well :) It is frustrating a bit, though. I am an Oct 18 applicant - no AOR, no eCAS, no news. Good luck to you and all others still waiting for AOR.

Reactions: babix

lydiabehan

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
My application changed to 'in process' as of yesterday

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
I am in the same boat as an Oct 16 applicant. I haven't done anything except waiting. Since the waiting is getting longer and longer, I was even thinking that if my application is returned I can submit again and it might be processed faster. But like you said, there is nothing we can do at this moment. Hopefully we all hear some update soon.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I am in the same boat as an Oct 16 applicant. I haven't done anything except waiting. Since the waiting is getting longer and longer, I was even thinking that if my application is returned I can submit again and it might be processed faster. But like you said, there is nothing we can do at this moment. Hopefully we all hear some update soon.
If you do a sort of the Excel file you can see that there are some Oct. 13th's without AOR's and a number of Oct. 16th's. In fact it looks like Oct. 16th was the busiest day (232 received that day!!!). There are also blocks of 17's, 18's, 19's, and 20's that are not completed. I don't think anything strange is going on. I bet it will just be a few more days for you!

Reactions: duplex

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
If you do a sort of the Excel file you can see that there are some Oct. 13th's without AOR's and a number of Oct. 16th's. In fact it looks like Oct. 16th was the busiest day (232 received that day!!!). There are also blocks of 17's, 18's, 19's, and 20's that are not completed. I don't think anything strange is going on. I bet it will just be a few more days for you!
Yes, I do check the spreadsheet every day and also there is someone else in the forum doing statistics for it. Although I do know the fact that some are still waiting, seeing the AOR rate for Oct 16 to go from 0% to now nearly 90% does make one a bit frustrated. Well, again we can only patiently wait until we hear something. Hopefully it comes soon.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Yes, I do check the spreadsheet every day and also there is someone else in the forum doing statistics for it. Although I do know the fact that some are still waiting, seeing the AOR rate for Oct 16 to go from 0% to now nearly 90% does make one a bit frustrated. Well, again we can only patiently wait until we hear something. Hopefully it comes soon.
I get the frustration. My PR process was a nightmare, both with Quebec and Canada. It literally took years longer than it should and tried my patience to the limit. What I learned was is that there is literally nothing you can do to change, speed it up, etc. so just let it happen at its own pace and try not to pull your hair out. Sometimes this process gets emotional, I was just trying to encourage you with a little "rational." Best to you going forward.

Reactions: duplex
I

Imam Gomaa

It is not waiting. We have no problem with that. It is just to know where is your application and if it is refused, you can quickly send another one.
In my case, two applications (Oct. 19th and 23rd) submitted and I did not receive anything yet. The CIC agent yesterday told me to wait until the second of January 2018 and follow up with them or reapply. Easy like this. More waiting periods and more depression.
The thing again, when you see some people submitted their applications on Oct. 30th and they received their AOR on Nov. 28th. I am not envying anyone, but I like to know which way they follow in reviewing applications. Is it that they just randomly pick up one application from here and one application from there? Or they go by day applications received?

rbz112

Nov 18, 2014
Online status just turned into "In Process" yesterday
Please update

Received: 2017/10/16
AOR: 2017/11/15
In Process: 2017/12/06

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It is not waiting. We have no problem with that. It is just to know where is your application and if it is refused, you can quickly send another one.
In my case, two applications (Oct. 19th and 23rd) submitted and I did not receive anything yet. The CIC agent yesterday told me to wait until the second of January 2018 and follow up with them or reapply. Easy like this. More waiting periods and more depression.
The thing again, when you see some people submitted their applications on Oct. 30th and they received their AOR on Nov. 28th. I am not envying anyone, but I like to know which way they follow in reviewing applications. Is it that they just randomly pick up one application from here and one application from there? Or they go by day applications received?
Think about the checkout line in grocery store: you may get in a line early, but depending on the cashiers and how much other people in front of you are buying, you may end up getting out later than people from other lines

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I repeat, "What I learned was is that there is literally nothing you can do to change, speed it up, etc. so just let it happen at its own pace and try not to pull your hair out." Reapplying, getting angry, frustrated, depressed, even KNOWING how they operate, etc. won't change anything. Do something nice for yourself, your family, go for a walk, have a cup of coffee, eat a candy bar - anything but turn youself inside out trying to figure this out, make it happen. Cheers.

Reactions: Imam Gomaa
I

Imam Gomaa

Think about the checkout line in grocery store: you may get in a line early, but depending on the cashiers and how much other people in front of you are buying, you may end up getting out later than people from other lines
I wish we were in a grocery store, we would have been done so early. My frustration is: how? And nobody is able to answer that question.
I will keep waiting until the second week of January to reapply. But I should, at least, know what happened to my previous applications.

I

Imam Gomaa

I repeat, "What I learned was is that there is literally nothing you can do to change, speed it up, etc. so just let it happen at its own pace and try not to pull your hair out." Reapplying, getting angry, frustrated, depressed, even KNOWING how they operate, etc. won't change anything. Do something nice for yourself, your family, go for a walk, have a cup of coffee, eat a candy bar - anything but turn youself inside out trying to figure this out, make it happen. Cheers.
Totally agree with you. Be out of this till you receive something.
Thanks and I hope all applicants get their AOR soon.

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
I wish we were in a grocery store, we would have been done so early. My frustration is: how? And nobody is able to answer that question.
I will keep waiting until the second week of January to reapply. But I should, at least, know what happened to my previous applications.
Guys relax. You know the question I do ask myself is what if there was no Bill C6 won't I have to wait for a year before I apply. Now that I have applied I assume it will take a year to process which is still an advantage for me due to the new rule I would have waited for 2 years in total. Get busy do other stuff and you won't be bordered a bit.

Reactions: Imam Gomaa