+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

I

Imam Gomaa

Good Day Folks, Here is my little story, I was up all night on the 10th when the c6 came into full effect, printed the forms completed the file and sent it first thing on the 11th of October through Canada post. The next day while reading posts through this forum and other people talking about the questions in the new form i realized that i have sent the old forms by mistake, I was heartbroken. It so happen that i had a copy of the old form in my computer and when i downloaded the new form and saved it as same file name, it did not override the old form and i continued with the old form and sent the file. After realizing my mistake i tracked the package it was in Halifax and was not delivered yet. I called Canada post to ask them to pull the package without delivering and send it back to me, on which the agent said that its not possible and all sent mails needs to be delivered. I accepted my fate and that i have to wait until the file is returned and reapply, but to my surprise i got an AOR on the 17th of November, and now the file is in progress as of 4th December. Hopefully i dont get any grief about old forms for the remaining process.

I will appreciate if anyone can add my timeline to the spreadsheet. Thank you. If any of you have any comments regarding my situation please feel free to discuss.

Sent - 11 OCT
Received - 16 OCT
AOR - 17 NOV
IN PROCESS - 4 DEC.

Cheers.!!!
I did the same but sent my application with the old form on OCt. 16th and it was received on Oct. 19th and the CIC adviced me to send a new one with the new application form and I did, but I did not receive anything yet.

I

Imam Gomaa

me and my friend both application delivered on 20th oct and he got AOR on 1st dec early Morning and still i m wait for AOR ... they r picking up file is totally randomly ...
I agree with you. I called the CIC yesterday and the agent confirmed that they are working on applications received on Oct. 23rd. I asked him to reapply as I have already sent another one and it was received on OCt. s3rd, he advised me to wait 6 weeks and then reapply if I did not hear from them.

jin114

Mar 16, 2012
I called CIC today to inquire about applications received on Oct 18, 19. I finally spoke to an agent named Rachelle after 56 minutes, She told me that they're actually working on applications received on Oct 20 and up. When i told her that i can see applications received on Oct 16 are still receiving AOR, she said that those people are very lucky. She advised me to reapply as my file might be returned and lost by the carrier. I am not going to reapply until end of January.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
I called CIC today to inquire about applications received on Oct 18, 19. I finally spoke to an agent named Rachelle after 56 minutes, She told me that they're actually working on applications received on Oct 20 and up. When i told her that i can see applications received on Oct 16 are still receiving AOR, she said that those people are very lucky. She advised me to reapply as my file might be returned and lost by the carrier. I am not going to reapply until end of January.
Lol. So many people call CIC. So many people hear different things.
I would LOVE to know how Rachelle can see files on officers desks and what date they were received. I would love to know how confident she is in saying a file might be returned or lost. Truth is that no one knows how many applications there are until they are entered into the system.
Applying end of January is the most sensible timeline I've seen IF no more October AORs are being reported.

Reactions: nofrills

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
I agree with you. I called the CIC yesterday and the agent confirmed that they are working on applications received on Oct. 23rd. I asked him to reapply as I have already sent another one and it was received on OCt. s3rd, he advised me to wait 6 weeks and then reapply if I did not hear from them.
i m not gonna reapply ... i will untill end of dec ...

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hello Guys,

My application was delivered on Oct. 16th. I haven't receive AOR Yet :(. Is there anybody else who submitted/delivered application in same week and still waiting for AOR?

Also, can you please advise what should be next step to follow up with CIC?

Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello Guys,

My application was delivered on Oct. 16th. I haven't receive AOR Yet :(. Is there anybody else who submitted/delivered application in same week and still waiting for AOR?

Also, can you please advise what should be next step to follow up with CIC?

Thanks
Many October 16 applicants are still getting AOR. No point following up with CIC because your application won't be in the system, and there is nothing the call center rep can do for you, other than cause panic. Give it till end of the month, would be my advise to you.

Reactions: Imam Gomaa

ddebasis

Feb 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-04- 2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013, DM on 30-04-2013, Receipt 01-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013 in Toronto
Application Status as below:-
Application Date - 18th Oct 2017
Application Received - 23rd Oct 2017
AOR received - 29th Nov 2017
Province - Ontario
City - Markham

If system addministrator updates this info, it will be great!
Can any one advise what is the next step?

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Application Status as below:-
Application Date - 18th Oct 2017
Application Received - 23rd Oct 2017
AOR received - 29th Nov 2017
Province - Ontario
City - Markham

If system addministrator updates this info, it will be great!
Can any one advise what is the next step?
Added to the sheet. Can you also share your number of physical presence days ?

Next step is .. your application will start processing at a local case processing center. Give it 2-8 weeks for ECAS to update.

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Good Day Folks, Here is my little story, I was up all night on the 10th when the c6 came into full effect, printed the forms completed the file and sent it first thing on the 11th of October through Canada post. The next day while reading posts through this forum and other people talking about the questions in the new form i realized that i have sent the old forms by mistake, I was heartbroken. It so happen that i had a copy of the old form in my computer and when i downloaded the new form and saved it as same file name, it did not override the old form and i continued with the old form and sent the file. After realizing my mistake i tracked the package it was in Halifax and was not delivered yet. I called Canada post to ask them to pull the package without delivering and send it back to me, on which the agent said that its not possible and all sent mails needs to be delivered. I accepted my fate and that i have to wait until the file is returned and reapply, but to my surprise i got an AOR on the 17th of November, and now the file is in progress as of 4th December. Hopefully i dont get any grief about old forms for the remaining process.

I will appreciate if anyone can add my timeline to the spreadsheet. Thank you. If any of you have any comments regarding my situation please feel free to discuss.

Sent - 11 OCT
Received - 16 OCT
AOR - 17 NOV
IN PROCESS - 4 DEC.

Cheers.!!!
amazing news!!!

I did the same mistake and I got AOR on NOve 17, waiting for IP now!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Please, I've got a question. How do you know where your application is being processed?
You can make an educated guess based on the CPC nearest to you. Not sure if they will tell you if you call them.

Once you get your test invite, you'll know for sure.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012