+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
I received my AOR today. There is an application number on top of the letter but when I enter it in ECAS I don't get anything (I tried both application number and citizenship file number options in ECAS), neither by using UCI. Is there a delay between receiving AOR and being able to see the status in ECAS?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone :)

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
Hi all,

I was visiting this forum incognito for the last few days, but I decided to sign up and share my first post here:

I got AOR email this morning @ 08:22 local time
my application was sent from Calgary on 11th and delivered on 16th with no signature required! it was sent to the mail address!
I have been here in Canada for more than 1500 days (I don't recall the exact number)
I had couple of mistake while filling the application out, or I better say I assume that I had mistakes, the first one was that I forgot to send my expired passport's Biographical page (and I didn't provide any explanation that why I am only providing the passport which only covers the last two years of my eligibility period), and the second so called mistake was I forgot tell CIC where did I reside in the first week of my presence in Canada during my eligibility period, probably the office has used her/him logic that I was staying in a hotel!

you can add me to excel file and I will try to share my status with you guys.

good luck to us all !

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi
I am not able to see my name and application info in the link.
My Citizenship application was delivered on October 16-2017.
Any idea

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi
Any idea
We haven't been able to update more information past the 500 row because the Administrator of the spreadsheet hasn't unlocked those rows yet.

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi
Any idea

vgpl

Jun 22, 2012
After going through this forum, after seeing the trends and analyzing the data, I came to some conclusions on how IRCC is working on our citizenship applications.

- As govt know that they would receive many applications, they selected X number of officers and trained them to work on C-6 applications. Some officers are left behind to complete work on pre C-6 applications.
- this is the reason why post C-6 applicants are getting their AOR's now.
- What happens to our citizenship application once it is received by IRCC.
- "Receiving Section" received the application - where in Mike, Ryan etc., and other are working, they then hand over it to "Screening Section".
- "Screening Section" would open your applications and check for the completeness of applications. They do not look into what you have written, they would verify whether your application is complete or not for further processing. If your application is missing something, they would attach a letter and send it back to you. If your application is complete, then they would hand over it to next section. *** Based on my observation, if your application was delivered before October 13/16 and your application is not returned by now, there are fair chances that this check is passed and waiting at the next step. ***
- "Data Entry". Their job is to enter your information into thier computer system. At this stage, AOR e-mails are triggered, for applications where e-mail address is not specified, they would be sent to another department for printing AOR's and sent out. Also, at this stage, request to send "Discover Canada" book is also triggered.
- Now your file sitting in queue and waiting.
- Next stage: When an Officer is ready to accept new application to work on, your application would be picked up, based on the Received Date etc.,
- this is the stage Officer would request CRA and CBSA for your records.
- all requests would be queued and sent to the respective offices, information would received and processed electronically.
- Officer reviews the file once the information is processed, he adds his notes and transfers your application for local office.
***I'm not sure if local office would be requesting the CRA & CBSA records or Sydney office***

Okay, this is what I thought, how IRCC is working.

Does it makes sense?

Reactions: Angy* and pepe84

irieempress

Sep 23, 2017
Congrats! Can you share what ID you have included in your application (passport, health card, drivers license, PR card, CoPR, etc)?
Passport (already required so does not count towards ID according to IRCC), and drivers licence, and I also included the PR card as a just in case...

Reactions: duplex

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Passport (already required so does not count towards ID according to IRCC), and drivers licence, and I also included the PR card as a just in case...
Passport does count as ID, all u need to do is make another copy of it. It is listed in the list of acceptable identity document. People have done this in the past and they are citizens now. PRC is the one I am not sure about because it is not listed.