+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Jizmilak

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Guys Patience, Everything will fall in its place for each and everyone of us in due time. It's not like PR where we have to worry about expiring work permit or visa etc. We are all Permanent Residents and a little delay in getting AOR won't do us any harm since we all have applied under normal processing category.

Getting AOR is important as it shows our applications are complete but it does not guarantee faster processing. If you guys review the other months spreadsheet you will find out some applicants have gotten AOR before others but they didn't go to IP before others. Some got IP before other but other got Test invites sooner. There are many variables.

Let's remember us all in prayers and have patience because if we start worrying ourselves then the wait will be too long for us.

Cheers!
You are right but the amount of uncertainty and delay I had faced during processing my PR application makes me sensitive to any CIC movement.

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Please Add Me too
ID - samm2
Location - Toronto
Physical presence days -1278
Application sent - Oct 13,2017
Application delivered - Oct 16,2017
Application Type- Single

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
This is ridiculous. They moved on to Oct 20th now, while Oct12th and 13th still wait.

@Marooned2 did you mail yours to the courier address or PO box ?

My friend did me a favor sending it on 16th since I was working that day. I just contacted him, actually we are not sure on 20th delivery date, the 20th was the estimate Canada post express gave him that day. However he sent both our applications on 16th noon via Canada post express and he has got no AOR confirmation yet. Funny thing was we both applied PR same time, but he got his PR within 8 months mine took 1 year and 5 months.

Last edited:

saskind

Mar 12, 2015
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1353 days
App. Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App. Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 3, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule
Congratulations! I am in the same boat with you and I dont get AOR yet. Good luck with further process.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
You are right but the amount of uncertainty and delay I had faced during processing my PR application makes me sensitive to any CIC movement.
Not only you bro, i went from 16 months to 36 months... but freaking out and losing patience and having anxiety attacks will do nothing... everyone in here went theough the process of PR, so we should know better by now that immigration works their times... the official processing time for citizenship application is 12 months, receiving AOR between 30-45 day, so the fact that they are processing way before time should be irrelevant.
Grow up and learn patience, dont do any plans or moves for next 12 months, if after 12 months you see no movement on your file then freak out and call and everything...

People saying, its unfair and they trat this applocations like shit is close to insanity and ridiculous... grow uo people, seriously

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
My friend did me a favor sending it on 16th since I was working that day. I just contacted him, actually we are not sure on 20th delivery date, the 20th was the estimate Canada post express gave him that day. However he sent both our applications on 16th noon via Canada post express and he has got no AOR confirmation yet. Funny thing was we both applied PR same time, but he got his PR within 8 months mine took 1 year and 5 months.
Congratulations man. Best of luck in the next steps.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's why I think this is a random process and they may not even organize the applications in the order they are received, who knows the big mess they may have, hopefully they don't lose any application package ....

Reactions: Angy*

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I am also waiting to receive AOR, my application was delivered on 13 of October. It s good that some of October applicants already got AOR. However, I see that in the main excel sheet currently CIC has given AORs till 29 of September, hence not lucky October applicants like me should wait few more days.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
What date shows your AOR? "We received your application on..."