+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was by Air, December 2010. and it is in the report. That's is why I am confident of what I am saying.

Was your "first departure in 2010" by land or by air? Exit information is - as a I said earlier - collected for land border crossings, but not for air crossings.

Your Exit information is only collected if both of these conditions are met:
- You are not a Canadian or US citizen AND
- You are leaving across the land border

I requested my full entry/exit history and it included
- All entries into Canada, no matter if land or air
- Only the land border exits
- None of my air exits of which there are about 15 in the three years for which I requested the travel history.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It was by Air, December 2010. and it is in the report. That's is why I am confident of what I am saying.
Interesting. It would be interesting to know why they record it sometimes and sometimes they don't. Another explanation I could think of is that they record it if you go through US preclearance. I just checked my list again and by the time I ordered my report all my flights out of Canada were either to non-US countries. Or they were from Toronto City Airport which doesn't have preclearance.

But yeah, it is kind of interesting why they recorded your 2010 exit whereas it seems that they don't record exits on the regular. It is, by the way not just me who doesn't have the exits by air in the report. That they are missing is something reported regularly in this forum.

Also that they don't always do it is written in the link you shared. Here is the quote:

====
Future deliverables
Note: Legislative and regulatory changes are required before future deliverables can be fully implemented.
[...]
The CBSA would also collect biographic exit information on all air travellers leaving Canada. Exit records in the air mode would be obtained through electronic passenger manifests received directly from air carriers. This information would not be shared with the U.S.
====

So it clearly says that they want to do it in the future and that they would obtain exit records (note the usage of "would")

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Interesting. It would be interesting to know why they record it sometimes and sometimes they don't. Another explanation I could think of is that they record it if you go through US preclearance. I just checked my list again and by the time I ordered my report all my flights out of Canada were either to non-US countries. Or they were from Toronto City Airport which doesn't have preclearance.

But yeah, it is kind of interesting why they recorded your 2010 exit whereas it seems that they don't record exits on the regular. It is, by the way not just me who doesn't have the exits by air in the report. That they are missing is something reported regularly in this forum.

Also that they don't always do it is written in the link you shared. Here is the quote:

====
Future deliverables
Note: Legislative and regulatory changes are required before future deliverables can be fully implemented.
[...]
The CBSA would also collect biographic exit information on all air travellers leaving Canada. Exit records in the air mode would be obtained through electronic passenger manifests received directly from air carriers. This information would not be shared with the U.S.
====

So it clearly says that they want to do it in the future and that they would obtain exit records (note the usage of "would")
My personal experience is that CBSA records capture all border crossings entering Canada, either by air or by land (never entered by sea). All entries I've ever made since 2008, even before I moved to Canada and way before I became a PR, are recorded in the six pages I received.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My personal experience is that CBSA records capture all border crossings entering Canada, either by air or by land (never entered by sea). All entries I've ever made since 2008, even before I moved to Canada and way before I became a PR, are recorded in the six pages I received.
Yeah, all entries are recorded. That we all agree on.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
YOu guys still arguing about this?!!!
Man, is like listening my sisters fight back home, do t know why I came so far away then...

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
How long is the withdrawal process? Anyone ?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
YOu guys still arguing about this?!!!
Man, is like listening my sisters fight back home, do t know why I came so far away then...
The question if exit records are kept or not is a very relevant one for many applicants (e.g. it helps to decide if it's worth ordering the CBSA records).

Guess how people like me can answer all these questions by other forum members? We are looking for information all over the internet and discuss with others what to read out of that information. That is exactly how I acquired the knowledge to write FAQs like the one I wrote in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

@pepe84 can correct me if I am wrong but I felt that the two of us had a very civil yet informative discussion about the exit records. I learned something from it because I had only partially correct information and I think/hope he also found the discussion informative.

I learned and important fact today, namely that sometimes even air travel exits are recorded by CBSA. Next time someone asks this question in this forum I will be able to give updated, better information.

All thanks to that discussion we had.

So maybe before making juvenile comparisons about "listening to your siblings fighting back home" how about you let me figure this out so that one day if some new forum member like you asks a question I can answer it?

Thanks.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
Maybe not...?
Try google and 3 seconds of your life, better answers from the source, i stead of bombing a post with 4 pages of discussion

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Maybe not...?
Try google and 3 seconds of your life, better answers from the source, i stead of bombing a post with 4 pages of discussion
- you don’t have to read it if you don’t want to, click to the next page until you are satisfied
- if google is sufficient for you, then keep to google and save your time
- respect valuable and tangible contributions of others (spyfy has followed, summarized and kept track of all parliamentary discussions on bill c6 for the collective good of the pr community)
- the point of a forum is knowledge sharing and constructive discussion. Your siblings or complaining dont meet either of these so if anything your post is out of line in comparison to theirs.

Thanks for your understanding..

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
No i dont... you american right?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right and thanks for all the information. I think it all depends on the airline carrier and the country you are visiting because I also had another exit in 2012 that is not in the records. It could be either the airliner or the country you are visiting that may share information back to CBSA upon landing. Who knows!

The question if exit records are kept or not is a very relevant one for many applicants (e.g. it helps to decide if it's worth ordering the CBSA records).

Guess how people like me can answer all these questions by other forum members? We are looking for information all over the internet and discuss with others what to read out of that information. That is exactly how I acquired the knowledge to write FAQs like the one I wrote in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

@pepe84 can correct me if I am wrong but I felt that the two of us had a very civil yet informative discussion about the exit records. I learned something from it because I had only partially correct information and I think/hope he also found the discussion informative.

I learned and important fact today, namely that sometimes even air travel exits are recorded by CBSA. Next time someone asks this question in this forum I will be able to give updated, better information.

All thanks to that discussion we had.

So maybe before making juvenile comparisons about "listening to your siblings fighting back home" how about you let me figure this out so that one day if some new forum member like you asks a question I can answer it?

Thanks.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1353 days
App. Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App. Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 3, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1353 days
App. Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App. Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 3, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule
Congrats. Can you please share what IDs you have included (passport, CoPR, drivers license, health card, PR card) in your package?

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Congrats. Can you please share what IDs you have included (passport, CoPR, drivers license, health card, PR card) in your package?
Copies were: copies of [Passport] pages,
1 page double-sided of [PR Card],
1 page double-sided both [Quebec Medical Card, Driving License] in same page

I Also had my passport expired early 2017 and explained in that box I didn't bother to renew since had no travel plans and was employee full-time.

Reactions: duplex