+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Please note that CIC always says that they "BEGIN processing applications in the order they arrive". That does not mean that they ISSUE AOR in the order they arrive. There are many internal processes (that no one on this forum has an overview over) that make some applications go faster than others.

Again, AORs not being issued in the order of arrival of the envelope does not in any way contradict any statement by CIC that I have seen so far anywhere. If anything that screenshot includes the very quote by CIC that there are many factors affecting processing of an application.
VERY important distinction Spyfy.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Surprise to see the spreadsheet some people have received AOR on 18-11-2017 Saturday!!! IRCC started given overtime to its staff?
No. its an automated notification push application. They can set it to send out emails at any point including future + might be a queue that is being sent out through the pipe and it is just slow or set to hourly intervals.

SHREEJI108

Oct 16, 2017
Admin, kindly update following changes to my information on our excel file...

ID: SHREEJI108
App. Type: FAMILY (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1275
App Sent: Oct 12, 2017
App Delivered on: Oct 16, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule
AOR : Nov 17, 2017

Thanks.

Reactions: qjzhou

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
The 13th and 16th applicants who have not recieved AOR yet, which mail service you used to deliver the application. I am curious to know whether mail service has anything to do with the delay. Mine was delivered via purolator. Just guessing whether they put all purolator mails into a different pile which has been ignored. Thanks

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 13th and 16th applicants who have not recieved AOR yet, which mail service you used to deliver the application. I am curious to know whether mail service has anything to do with the delay. Mine was delivered via purolator. Just guessing whether they put all purolator mails into a different pile which has been ignored. Thanks
Canada Post expressPost, it doesn't matter what deliver service was used.

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
Please note that CIC always says that they "BEGIN processing applications in the order they arrive". That does not mean that they ISSUE AOR in the order they arrive. There are many internal processes (that no one on this forum has an overview over) that make some applications go faster than others.

Again, AORs not being issued in the order of arrival of the envelope does not in any way contradict any statement by CIC that I have seen so far anywhere. If anything that screenshot includes the very quote by CIC that there are many factors affecting processing of an application.
Adding to the comment by @spyfy:

My friend and I mailed our applications together. The applications were delivered at the same time as well. We filled and verified (many times) the whole application together. My friend got AOR about 7 days ago and I’m still waiting for AOR.

Reactions: pepe84

Alpha_yas

Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
I got my AOR this morning Nov,19. my application was delivered Oct,16
Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: qjzhou

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Besed on my govt job experience, I would say CIC works based on FIFO, work is distributed among agents according to some "criteria" that we don't know. Then it all depends on the agent who works on your file (if lazy expect little more delays), keeping in mind that in govt there are more holidays, more sick days (unionize environment, you cant do anything), family time, medical appointment time and December may bring more delays (lot of people going on holiday).

December-March can also speed up things if the overtime money kicks in. ( from unused budget, vacancy savings etc.).

I hope this will help to understand why things are different for the same group of people. (people applied at the same time, some received AOR, some still waiting etc).

Reactions: itsmyid