+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Please update:
Oath letter received: 14 Sep
Oath taken: 26 Oct
Went to the passport office yesterday but they said that my details weren’t updated in the system yet. I went in again today and they found me on the system. Applied for express service so will be picking up my passport on Thursday on the way to the airport to leave Canada for good. ECAS still says ‘decision made’ as opposed to ‘complete’

My application was delivered on 25 Oct 2017 and I took the oath on 26 Oct 2018 (1 year and 1 day from start to finish). Looking at the tracker, quite a lot of the applicants seem to have had quicker processing, but there have been a few unlucky ones. Good luck to all those waiting. I pray you hear from CIC soon.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Please update:
Oath letter received: 14 Sep
Oath taken: 26 Oct
Went to the passport office yesterday but they said that my details weren’t updated in the system yet. I went in again today and they found me on the system. Applied for express service so will be picking up my passport on Thursday on the way to the airport to leave Canada for good. ECAS still says ‘decision made’ as opposed to ‘complete’

My application was delivered on 25 Oct 2017 and I took the oath on 26 Oct 2018 (1 year and 1 day from start to finish). Looking at the tracker, quite a lot of the applicants seem to have had quicker processing, but there have been a few unlucky ones. Good luck to all those waiting. I pray you hear from CIC soon.

Leave Canada for good?

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
RQ/QAE applicant. At last my journey came to an end. Test and oath were on the same day. they did not ask uk entry/exit document in the interview.
I suggest one thing that whoever unemployed within the last 5 years, just prepare a strong answer for, how did you support yourself.
Thanks for all your support in the forum. Please update spread sheet. test invite is on 11th Oct. test and oath were on 26th October.
I will still keep an eye on this forum and suggest if any.
congrats, can you tell me when did you send the RQ reply, i mean after sending your RQ reply how long u waited before they called you for test invite? thank you for your reply

vgpl

Jun 22, 2012
Hi Friends,

Could someone please update the tracker.

User ID: VGPL

I got my Oath Letter on Oct 30 and Oath is on Nov 13.

Thank you all for your support!

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Good luck with new job but still i don't know why you typed FOR GOOD, even if you are getting a huge paying job in Kuwait, i didn't like it sorry to say that,
I was meant to say leaving Canada permanently. Money wasn’t the driving factor (there are possibilities of getting high salary jobs in Canada too, especially trades opportunities in Alberta). I haven’t been here as long as many others have. I came here in 2014 and ever since day 1 I knew that this would be a temporary gig. Even before landing as a PR I had it in the back of my mind that I would leave as soon as I got my passport.

Also, for those who are awaiting oath invitations: another point of contact is the email address they sent out for test invitations. You can send an email there and inquire about the application status. The response time is quicker than the webform.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I was meant to say leaving Canada permanently. Money wasn’t the driving factor (there are possibilities of getting high salary jobs in Canada too, especially trades opportunities in Alberta). I haven’t been here as long as many others have. I came here in 2014 and ever since day 1 I knew that this would be a temporary gig. Even before landing as a PR I had it in the back of my mind that I would leave as soon as I got my passport.

Also, for those who are awaiting oath invitations: another point of contact is the email address they sent out for test invitations. You can send an email there and inquire about the application status. The response time is quicker than the webform.
Do you have that email address so we can contact them? There are a few of us that have been waiting for more than a year jsut for the test invite...

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi all;

I was just invited to the ceremony. Here are my new info pieces (if you want to include in the spreadsheet):

Ecas changed to DM: 2018 Oct 23
Oath letter: 2018 Oct 31
Oath ceremony date: 2018-11-17

Thanks

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
congrats, can you tell me when did you send the RQ reply, i mean after sending your RQ reply how long u waited before they called you for test invite? thank you for your reply
Thanks. My RQ docs reached IRCC on Feb 01 2018. Test invite is on 12th Oct and test date is on 26th Oct.
Last month i got a letter from IRCC to submit entry/exit for UK which i missed while submitting my RQ docs. but they did not care about that and they even did not asked in interview.

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
According to my ATIP notes background checks were done in July.. my application was stuck on residency for some reason.. back in March when I did the test they requested a passport translation for all my stamps which was submitted first week in April.

I think my file was never open since I sent the translation until today to be honest. Specially that all my other checks were done since July.