+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
I am not sure if it's true, but if you want any help to find out the truth, you can probably contact some reporters , such as this one
http://brianlilley.com/contact/
What do you mean that you are not sure if it's true?
There are tons of applicants who applied way later than us, buy they became citizens already.
This is not fair at all.
And many people say that there is some delay because of too many applicants in Oct and Nov.
Something just dawned on me. Then how CIC could deal with applications within 6 months before c 6 is passed?
Even if there was less people back then, it doesn't make sense.
Background check could be a reason for a little bit of delay, but can't be an excuse because they have at least 10 months to do it.
Before anyone argue with me, many people told me that total processing time was less than 6 months before c-6.
if it's false then I was wrong and sorry that I didn't check it personally.
Anyway I already spoke with an assistance this morning who is working for Edmonton MP named MIKE LAKE.
She told me that the total processing time is within a year as shown on IRCC website, but it won't apply to all.
It will apply to most of applicants, not to everyone.
So, if she's right, then we all here are not most of applicable applicants.
Too bad.
---
revision.
I just googled it and spoke with my friends.
They meant this way like they got citizenship so quick within 6 months or even sooner than 6 months before C-6.
I misunderstood because I was angry back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haider2018

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
What do you mean that you are not sure if it's true?
There are tons of applicants who applied way later than us, buy they became citizens already.
This is not fair at all.
And many people say that there is some delay because of too many applicants in Oct and Nov.
Something just dawned on me. Then how CIC could deal with applications within 6 months before c 6 is passed?
Even if there was less people back then, it doesn't make sense.
Background check could be a reason for a little bit of delay, but can't be an excuse because they have at least 10 months to do it.
Before anyone argue with me, many people told me that total processing time was 6 months before c-6.
if it's false then I was wrong and sorry that I didn't check it personally.
Anyway I already spoke with an assistance this morning who is working for Edmonton MP named MIKE LAKE.
She told me that the total processing time is within a year as shown on IRCC website, but it won't apply to all.
It will apply to most of applicants, not to everyone.
So, if she's right, then we all here are not most of applicable applicants.
Too bad.
Well, that's how IRCC works - there's no transparency, they can just say each individual case is different without telling you how and why it is different - what can you do about it?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello everyone,
I passed citizenship test on Feb 21 ,2018. still not received OATH invitation. Status showing - In process. 11 months gone after submitting application and more than 7 months gone after test.Don't understand what happen to my file. Any one have idea about this situation?
I don’t think anyone really know what is going on at IRCC we just all try guessing your best bet is to give them a call.

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I passed citizenship test on Feb 21 ,2018. still not received OATH invitation. Status showing - In process. 11 months gone after submitting application and more than 7 months gone after test.Don't understand what happen to my file. Any one have idea about this situation?
Sorry to hear that. But we are in this together.
I applied on Oct 11 and they received it on Oct 13.
Nothing is different than yours. sill in process.
This is not fair.

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
How long does it usually take to receive a rescheduled test date?

Any experience with changing test date?

Thank you

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Sorry to hear that. But we are in this together.
I applied on Oct 11 and they received it on Oct 13.
Nothing is different than yours. sill in process.
This is not fair.
I passed the test Feb 12
I am a August 2017 Applicant . Still in process .
we are in this together too

Reactions: SpiceIsland

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hello everyone,
I passed the test Feb 12
I am a August 2017 Applicant . Still in process .
we are in this together too

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
How long does it usually take to receive a rescheduled test date?

Any experience with changing test date?

Thank you
You wanna avoid that as much as possible. IRCC is finding it difficult to schedule a test for folks after 11 months, asking for a reschedule could mess up your time line real bad. But if you have to then i guess there's no choice, just be ready for a possibly extended application period. Having said that, you might be one of those lucky ones who get lucky and have your file sent to folks who actually get work done.

HopeM

Sep 28, 2018
You wanna avoid that as much as possible. IRCC is finding it difficult to schedule a test for folks after 11 months, asking for a reschedule could mess up your time line real bad. But if you have to then i guess there's no choice, just be ready for a possibly extended application period. Having said that, you might be one of those lucky ones who get lucky and have your file sent to folks who actually get work done.
That’s what I figured; I need to renew my passport - probably I need to wait until I get the test date and interview then renew my passport

kaps23dec

Oct 26, 2017
Took the Oath yesterday at Mississauga along with 99 other new Canadian Citizens. Thanks a lot to all of the members on this thread for contributing and best of luck to the ones waiting.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Took the Oath yesterday at Mississauga along with 99 other new Canadian Citizens. Thanks a lot to all of the members on this thread for contributing and best of luck to the ones waiting.
Nice! It seems they are still having around 100 people per ceremony there in each event. I did mine August 16th, so it gives you a perspective on how many people are in the backlog.