+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Same here, I find this is a joke. Not even believe anymore in that it will ever come.
Don't worry about it...just forget about it for a while. I check my ecas once or twice a month just to be sure as to not miss any update. Let's wait till next month and check with them what's going on...i think 1 yr is the regular processing time. What worries me is if after getting test done, we shouldn't have to wait another 6-8 months. Atleast oath should be done in a month or two max. Let's hope for the best.

ksaurus

Dec 30, 2014
Hi Pls update my status,

Test invite: August 15, 2018
Test: September 10th, 2018, Scarborough office.

Thank you guys for the efforts.

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Don't worry about it...just forget about it for a while. I check my ecas once or twice a month just to be sure as to not miss any update. Let's wait till next month and check with them what's going on...i think 1 yr is the regular processing time. What worries me is if after getting test done, we shouldn't have to wait another 6-8 months. Atleast oath should be done in a month or two max. Let's hope for the best.
like your positive attitude... i'm stuck with criminality check forever....and no test until that's complete...

Reactions: vaibhavxv

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I never did anything in my life I do not know what the hell needs so long. I wrote them, the answer was we verified your information and pleased to inform you everything is in order with your application. Great so what needs so long ?
i just hope after 12 month, those cic agents at least contact police to check what's going on, instead of waiting and doing nothing

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
i just hope after 12 month, those cic agents at least contact police to check what's going on, instead of waiting and doing nothing
I really don't know anymore. But all the excitement is gone. I was happy to apply for the citizenship but now I don't know anymore. If you see people after us already got oath and we not even get a test invite. I am happy for everyone who got it. But what is with us who applied way before.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I really don't know anymore. But all the excitement is gone. I was happy to apply for the citizenship but now I don't know anymore. If you see people after us already got oath and we not even get a test invite. I am happy for everyone who got it. But what is with us who applied way before.
All applications are different, different officers, probably different background checks based on your current citizenship, etc. It's not going to go by date received. Just hang in there, and you'll get it eventually. Sucks, but all you can do is wait, so try to forget about it, and you'll be surprised when it comes.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Same here - at least after this we won’t have to deal with it again in our lifetime, in some way that should be more exciting than getting the citizenship

lydiabehan

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
I took my oath yesterday in Mississauga! :D

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
True, but still hurts in one way that they don't do anything on the applications
Because the election is still not any time soon and they have no incentive to work on it

Don’t believe the “everybody is different and background check takes different amour of time “ excuse, which is just a load of crap - for my PR it only took a month, but 5 years after that while having been physically here the entire time , it suddenly became so much more complicated and they had to take much longer to do the same thing ? Lol