+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Need help on below, Can someone please let me know

" You must include photo copies of the Biographical pages of any passports or travel documents "

Does it mean, all pages of pass ports or only first and last page of the passports
First and last page

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
''Write all your Canadian addresses for the six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent ("the relevant period"), including the postal codes.''

What does it mean, ''whichever is more recent''?
If I landed May 2015, which is more recent than six years before application date, I should consider only addresses since I landed.
Am I right?
May 2015 is more recent. This question will change on the new forms, given were now allowed pre-PR credit, it would probably ask for addresses in past 5 years

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hello Friends,

I will finish 4 years on 13th October and if I submit my application on 14th Oct. do they still require Police Certificate from Previous Countries I stayed ?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Friends,

I will finish 4 years on 13th October and if I submit my application on 14th Oct. do they still require Police Certificate from Previous Countries I stayed ?
Not sure. We are waiting till Teusday to see

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
This question will change on the new forms, given were now allowed pre-PR credit, it would probably ask for addresses in past 5 years
Item will indeed change. And it will ask for addresses for five years. But it will also likely include an alternative for those who came to Canada less than five years previous.
Such as . . .
. . . or since coming to Canada, whichever is more recent
. . . or since coming to live in Canada, whichever is more recent
. . . or . . . ???
That is, there will likely be an alternative for those who became a PR less than five years previous but phrased in a way to encompass a period of time spent in Canada prior to becoming a PR.

For example, prior to Bill C-24 removing credit for pre-PR time in Canada, under the old 3/4 rules, it was phrased something like "for the last four years or since coming to live in Canada, whichever is more recent." (emphasis added)

The new version should not refer to since coming to "live" in Canada, but it might given that I cannot guess what it will actually say . . . the reason it should not is that under the old 3/4 rule only time after coming to live in Canada counted, since it was a residency requirement, so just being present in Canada was not enough for the time to get counted. Hence it was since coming to live in Canada. But again, how IRCC will phrase it in the new forms is something prospective applicants need to wait to see.

One more reason why it will be so important to read the instructions, including the individual items in the forms.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013

I would be okay with the physical presence requirement because I came to Canada in 2006 with a valid study permit.

What date should I put in question 6A "When did you become a permanent resident of Canada?" on the application?
"September 14, 2013" OR "September 15, 2013" ?

I am going to put "Sep 14, 2013" because it says Sep 14, 2013 on my PRC.
I will be okay with this, right?
Hah, you have the opposite issue I have. Our flight landed at like 11:40PMish. My passport was stamped for the 13th but my CoPR and PR card show 14th. When I went to get my SIN this caused them enough confusion that they had to ask a supervisor what to put in the system.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Serious question, is it legally permissible to apply on the 11th?

The current signature page says to ensure you were eligible the day BEFORE signing the application. This would generally refer to being eligible per current requirements, but as the requirements were different the day before, does that matter?

Last edited:

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Do they need a proof that I filled tax for the past 3 years because I didn't read that in the guide!