N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Haha maybe!

I think they do stuff in batches - the other people getting their test have almost exactly the same timeline as me so maybe it is done on the IP date?

Hopefully the rest of the process is straightforward - they’ve had 10 months to verify my information!
Mine took 10 months too. I wanna get it done off my plate by Sep! Oct is a very busy months for me.. I hope and pray the same for those in my situation as well.. Best of luck..

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I’m grabbing a tub of popcorn. Posts here were slow thee past few weeks until i saw this post.

CAUTION: The suspending of an application under section 13.1 in the Citizenship Act is almost always SERIOUS.

It warrants at the least visiting the website linked by @wvo2017:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-suspending-applications.html

For Section 13.1 in the Citizenship Act see http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-5.html#h-7

The suspending of the application almost certainly means there is an INVESTIGATION in progress. And not a mere review of the particular eligibility requirements.

Applications can be suspended for YEARS. And, indeed, it appears that suspended applications quite often do encounter very long delays, many of them for YEARS.

And NO, this is not about failing to disclose a single day-trip to the U.S. It could be about misrepresentation related to travel history disclosures, but that would not be triggered by an isolated omission even if the omission was for an absence of many days.

I suspect you may deny knowing what this is about BUT that in fact you probably do have a very good idea what it is about. Or, if you think about it, you will have a good idea. Depending on what that is, you might want to seriously consider seeing a lawyer.

As you noted in your account of the test event, you were quite likely flagged before the test and interview.

Additional observations:

The decision to suspend an application is made by a Citizenship Officer, not just any processing agent.

There are all sorts of issues or problems which IRCC can and will make further inquiries regarding, even initiate some level of investigation, which HOWEVER will NOT trigger the suspending of the application.

For Example:
-- IRCC's discovery of a significant discrepancy in the applicant's travel history, for example, will typically lead to IRCC digging deeper and also making additional requests of the applicant, but even if the discrepancy suggests deliberate misrepresentation this does not typically result in suspending the application.
-- IRCC suspects the applicant may be prohibited for a criminal charge in Canada, for another example, and makes a referral to the RCMP.
Neither of these are likely to result in suspending the application. But they are of course serious matters.

Issues leading to the suspending of the application tend to be significantly more serious.

I cannot guess what the problem is in a particular case, but we know the more common reasons why applications are suspended:
-- pending inquiry/investigation of PR-refugee for potential cessation of protected person status (clearly NOT applicable here)
-- pending investigation of fraud (not mere misrepresentation in the Citizenship Application, so more likely for misrepresentations possibly made earlier in the immigrant's history, in the original PR application perhaps, or in a PoE examination at some time)
-- pending CSIS investigation for security concerns
-- pending RCMP investigation for criminality concerns (such as alleged involvement in a criminal organization, which could make a PR inadmissible even if NO criminal charges are made against the PR)

(In the not-so-distant past, IRCC also suspended applications pending inquiry/investigation/proceedings related to alleged breach of PR Residency Obligation. This has been less common in recent years; was more common when applications were often taking two or more years, and the applicant was living abroad in the meantime, living abroad long enough to potentially encounter PR RO compliance issues.)

Again, all these tend to be serious. All these can cause a very LONG DELAY (that said, some are likely to get resolved sooner than others, like the RCMP investigation is likely to get resolved a lot faster than a CSIS overseas investigation).

If you trust there really is nothing to worry about (no misrepresentations in your past, no reason for CSIS to determine there is a security concern, no criminality issues), it is possible the reason for suspending the application will be resolved in a relatively reasonable period of time (noting that based on your several expressions of impatience for the pace of processing for routine applicants, you probably need to entertain that much longer processing times are reasonable) and your application will be processed. There are, however, significant odds there is something to worry about . . . and that to get things resolved you may very well need the assistance of a lawyer.

Final note: Fraud investigations can be triggered just because the immigrant has used or been in any way associated with a consultant (authorized or not, disclosed or not) who has been investigated for fraud. It is not clear to what extent this is continuing, but it is fairly clear that even recently the RCMP, CBSA, and IRCC are targeting, for investigation, ALMOST ALL former clients of consultants involved in fraud. This has undoubtedly swept many innocent and unsuspecting immigrants into fraud investigations.

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
Can anyone share the CIC number that I could call? What are their working hours? I am In Process since December 19th (Toronto) and still waiting for a test invite. I see people from January (IP) getting invites and would like to at least ask about my case.

amit80203

Champion Member
Apr 9, 2013
App. Filed.......
18th Oct 2017
AOR Received.
7th Dec 2017
Hello Everyone,
I took oath of citizenship along with my wife on 13th July in Calgary. Went in at 10:30 am and came out at 11:40 am, process was smooth and efficient. Really happy to finally complete the process in nine months.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I got test invite today (18 Jul). Test is on 15 Aug. Pls update the spreadsheet.

Both my and wife's test are at the same time. I am wondering if it is okay to take our 5yo son with us (he is citizen by birth) or should we leave him with a friend. He is generally quiet and can easily wait away from us (incase they want him strictly outside while we write the test).

Reactions: salimnw

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I got test invite today (18 Jul). Test is on 15 Aug. Pls update the spreadsheet.

Both my and wife's test are at the same time. I am wondering if it is okay to take our 5yo son with us (he is citizen by birth) or should we leave him with a friend. He is generally quiet and can easily wait away from us (incase they want him strictly outside while we write the test).
congrats! how did you receive the test invite? email or regular mail?

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013

Congrats, updated the sheet

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
After waiting for what has seemed like forever we finally received our test invitation today!

App Sent: Oct 18 2017
Arrived: Oct 23 2017
AOR received: Feb 8 2018
IP: Feb 15 2018
Test invite: July 18
Test: August 9

Slightly freaking out now

ETA - Oakville applicants so we're being processed in Hamilton

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
This is for my mom's citizenship application. We sent the fingerprints on April 23 and still havent heard back yet. Its going to be close to 3 months! Anyone else who got FP request and still hasn't heard back yet?

App received: Oct 19
AOR: Dec 8
In Process: Dec 27
FP Request: Mar 28
FP Sent: Apr 23

soniahsieh

Jan 24, 2018
Please update my info to the spreadsheet, thank you.
DM: Jun 30, 2018
Oath invate: JUL 16, 2018
Oath: AUG 02, 2018

Thanks