+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
So I'm pretty sure my name was on the spreadsheet. Can someone add me back? Sent Oct 20th, recieved Oct 25th. AoR on May 15th

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
E-cas Update:
Got Oath invite on May 17 for June 04. Waiting for letter in mail, may be in by Tuesday.
The Oath will be in Mississauga office as test/interview was in Mississauga office on May 15 and DM was on May 16.
That was a quick turn around. Are you getting urgent processing?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting. I hadn't looked at the sheet before asking, but it looks like others had the same experience of an oath invite within days of DM in Mississauga.
True. Mississauga office has been inviting for Oath within days of DM recently in the month of May. However, that was not a norm in March/ April. Applicants DM'ed in March/April have mostly got Oath invite in May.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
True. Mississauga office has been inviting for Oath within days of DM recently in the month of May. However, that was not a norm in March/ April. Applicants DM'ed in March/April have mostly got Oath invite in May.
Maybe Mississauga got the extra CJ's, not Scarborough. lol

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe Mississauga got the extra CJ's, not Scarborough. lol
I feel for applicants from Scarborough and Mississauga. Especially, @SpiceIsland who got DM on Nov 30, when I did not even got AOR and is waiting for Oath for 5.5 months and there are many applicants in Scarborough who have been DM'ed for months and are waiting for Oath.

Moreover, plenty of Mississauga applicants who are in-process since early November but waiting for test invite.

Most importantly, there have been October applicants who got AOR in Feb/March, and @marby22 got AOR on May 15 (close to 7 months of applying).

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
E-cas Update:
Got Oath invite on May 17 for June 04. Waiting for letter in mail, may be in by Tuesday.
The Oath will be in Mississauga office as test/interview was in Mississauga office on May 15 and DM was on May 16.
Congratulations. That is a very good news. You had to wait earlier for longer time to get the interview for your father.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations. That is a very good news. You had to wait earlier for longer time to get the interview for your father.
Thanks. With respect to Mississauga office, I did not have to wait long for test invite, as applicants applied before me and got IP since early November were waiting for test invite. So, I had expectations set relatively and was not expecting test invite in April, but was surprised when I got one.

Reactions: saini01

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
who got DM on Nov 30, when I did not even got AOR and is waiting for Oath for 5.5 months
Interestingly, this is a classic example of the process. Getting AoR, test, even DM early is no guarantee that you will complete the process before others who go through the processing stages at a slower pace.

To put things in perspective, Bill C6 received Royal Assent on June 19, 2017 and became effective on October 11, 2017. If we look back at what some pessimistic folks were saying that the bill was dead and that processing would now take 2-4 years to complete, we can only laugh...

Take heart folks, it will soon be over.

Last edited: