+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Anyone from Winnipeg here. Me and my wife were asked to get the fingerprints done with RCMP on Jan 5. Nothing since then. Anyone in the same boat?
IP since Jan 11 and nothing since then. I am 8hrs away from Winnipeg so I will have my test/oath when the regional itinerant services comes to Thompson end of May but till now no invitation. All we can do is waiting

afztah

May 2, 2018
Got my oath letter today.

Timeline:
App received: Oct 11, 2017
AOR: Nov 4, 2017
Test date/taken: Feb 04 , 2018
Montreal office

DM: 2 weeks after
Oath Letter received:5/8/2018
Oath ceremony :24 May, 2018

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Oath invite is for user "mi12" that posted timeline on another forum online, I am only sharing it here so it can be added to the sheet. For me still waiting oath invite after 2 months in DM and 3,5 of months after test. I know it will come eventually but seeing people with DM on March 19th getting invite is frustrating :)
Oops, sorry... wasn't cluing in there.. lol

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my oath letter today.

Timeline:
App received: Oct 11, 2017
AOR: Nov 4, 2017
Test date/taken: Feb 04 , 2018
Montreal office

DM: 2 weeks after
Oath Letter received:5/8/2018
Oath ceremony :24 May, 2018
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature. Can you please share the below dates as per e-cas.

In-Process date: Line 3 on e-cas
Test Invite date: Mentioned on Line 4 of e-cas

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Thanks for asking this! Do you also know if while you wait you can go outside? like leave and come back a bit before your interview? My guess is the answer is no but just curious if we can work something out for my daughter. thank you!
As far as I know, you cannot leave the premises. You wouldn't know the time of your interview as it's on a first come basis as you start coming from the other room after the test. The test letter you got actually has a section at the end where it states that you can reschedule your test date or bring your child to the testing location provided someone (other than you) is there to take care of your child. Hope that helps.

MarieNadia

Jun 17, 2013
Hey Guys,

Here is my situation:

Citizenship application was delivered on Oct 20th, 2017.

I have since received TWO AORs:
- 1 on November 30th 2017 on an e-mail address I do no use anymore that IRCC had for some reason in their files (and it took me a few months to see it since I don't use the address anymore)
- 1 on January 19th 2018 on my current e-mail address (the same I've used for my PR a few years ago and for my Citizenship application).
- My online account says my application has been IP since December 16th 2017, so a month before receiving my 2nd AOR.

Nothing since.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I have tried calling CIC a few times my calls never go through and I always end up being hung up on before I get to speak to anyone.

PLEASE HELP or share your experience if that sounds familiar :)

Thanks so much

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed citizenship test today! Hurrahh. Senior, Please update spreadsheet. Thank all dear Sirs.

Respectfully,
Dalit

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
my brother has his citizenship test on May 23 at the Surrey, BC office. He received the email invite, but did not receive a letter invite. On the ECAS it says the letter invite is the official invite and to contact them if not received within 2 weeks of test date.

Is the letter invite really required or he can just print the document invite off the email and present it at the IRCC centre?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
my brother has his citizenship test on May 23 at the Surrey, BC office. He received the email invite, but did not receive a letter invite. On the ECAS it says the letter invite is the official invite and to contact them if not received within 2 weeks of test date.

Is the letter invite really required or he can just print the document invite off the email and present it at the IRCC centre?
The email attachment is the document he needs as proof. Just print it.

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
Lots of us in Ontario are/were in the same situation, I know different Province, but it should hopefully start to get in gear soon. I was the same as you until today, when I got my Test date.
Congratulations. Happy for you. My wife's passport expires in 2 months and we are hoping that we don't have to renew it and can become a Canadian citizen before that. Seems unlikely at this point but fingers crossed. Thanks for your response.

singh.gurjaspal

Mar 1, 2012
San Jose
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-212
Med's Done....
27-04-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
IP since Jan 11 and nothing since then. I am 8hrs away from Winnipeg so I will have my test/oath when the regional itinerant services comes to Thompson end of May but till now no invitation. All we can do is waiting
I thought it would be faster for Manitobans as not many people but seems like it's slowest. My friends in Vancouver applied at the same time and became citizens a month ago.

Reactions: N_Shine

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Hey Guys,

Here is my situation:

Citizenship application was delivered on Oct 20th, 2017.

I have since received TWO AORs:
- 1 on November 30th 2017 on an e-mail address I do no use anymore that IRCC had for some reason in their files (and it took me a few months to see it since I don't use the address anymore)
- 1 on January 19th 2018 on my current e-mail address (the same I've used for my PR a few years ago and for my Citizenship application).
- My online account says my application has been IP since December 16th 2017, so a month before receiving my 2nd AOR.

Nothing since.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I have tried calling CIC a few times my calls never go through and I always end up being hung up on before I get to speak to anyone.

PLEASE HELP or share your experience if that sounds familiar :)

Thanks so much
No the emails, but I've received a snail mail mailed to my current residential address instead of my mailing address. It's no big deal but I'd rather have my mails sent to my mailing address (work) as I have a receptionist there to receive it during the day.

I am also moving soon, so I'll be changing my residential address online (and perhaps give CIC a call to confirm), hopefully they'll update all my relevant files..