+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
In tracker, your IP date is Nov 22. Shall I update to Nov 14?

What date you got test invite and when is your test? Is it Mississauga office?

I'll update the tracker with the information. Thanks.
Sorry I just realized that I made a typo. Nov 22nd is actually correct. My original primary office was Mississauga,based on info in my ATIP notes. However my test invite was sent out from the Scarborough office on the 13th of April, and my test is on May 1st. Thanks if you could update!

bramble84

Oct 31, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/4/2013
AOR Received.
2/15/2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
10/12/2013
Med's Done....
10/17/2013
Interview........
No Interview Required
Passport Req..
No Request Required
VISA ISSUED...
11/18/2013
LANDED..........
11/22/2013
Hi all. Can someone update me on the spreadsheet? I have "Decision Made" as of April 22. Also, it seems my date is wrong on the spreadsheet, they started processing my application on December 13.

Thanks, and good luck everyone!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
For me, I just resigned to giving them 12 months. It does not matter if other people are completing theirs in 2 month, I will not bother, I live in a great city, an amazing region and awesome province. A province so great that more than one third of Canada want to live here. That is why our centres are so slow, don't we all love the GTA!
Agree, its all about managing our expectations! If you prepare yourself for a 12 months end-to-end there will be no disappointment for sure.

Initially, i was prepared to wait for even more than a year, knowing the big surge in applications after 11-Oct, but when i got Decision Made in approx. 3 months my expectations changed..and i'll be very very disappointed if they drag the Oath invite until October :(

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
but is the 12 months timeline starting from IP? Or the day you sent application? there could be a two months difference
also is the ending of 12 months DM or actual oath?

Last edited:

Danielnases

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,
My application is in the process since 21 November in Montreal. I have called a few times and the agent tells me everything is ok and background check and criminal check is finished. I have not received any emails for test invitation. What should I do if I don't get the invitation email? It is getting to 6 months now... No way to call Montreal office or to see who is in charge :( I see only the user "burakcayir's wife" in the spreadsheet that has the same situation, I am not sure if she did not update the spreadsheet. Is this the officer that is not willing to invite me for the test ? My friends who applied after me all got test invitations. I have requested GCMS too, but it will not really do anything for me.
Any suggestions? Please !
where did you call? can you write down the number please?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
but is the 12 months timeline starting from IP? Or the day you sent application? there could be a two months difference
also is the ending of 12 months DM or actual oath?
My guess would be 12 months after AOR, that is when the application is officially received. During the interview my officer explained its 12 months end to end, i.e. including Oath ..

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
Please update my status in the spreadsheet: test invite today for May 28th. I live in Toronto but the test is in Mississauga. Thanks!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I remember some of the October folks who got their AOR quickly (in less 30 days) were elated, while the ones that were "delayed" (45 + days) were upset and confused. There were voices of reason telling people to be cautious and not given to too much emotions e.g. while you AOR and test invite came in quickly, it could take time to get to DM and oath; while those whose AOR and test invite were seemingly delayed, may get their DM and oath faster... because of background/security checks etc. all things being equal, approximately the same timeline applies.

Let's say the process takes 12 months, your case might be: 1+5+2+4 = 12; for another: 3+2+5+2=12; and for another: 3+3+3+3=12
Of course location greatly matters and there are other factors and special situations, but the basic principle of the process still applies.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hello All,
My application is in the process since 21 November in Montreal. I have called a few times and the agent tells me everything is ok and background check and criminal check is finished. I have not received any emails for test invitation. What should I do if I don't get the invitation email? It is getting to 6 months now... No way to call Montreal office or to see who is in charge :( I see only the user "burakcayir's wife" in the spreadsheet that has the same situation, I am not sure if she did not update the spreadsheet. Is this the officer that is not willing to invite me for the test ? My friends who applied after me all got test invitations. I have requested GCMS too, but it will not really do anything for me.
Any suggestions? Please !
Did you leave Canada for one or two years since you became permanent resident ?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
My guess would be 12 months after AOR, that is when the application is officially received. During the interview my officer explained its 12 months end to end, i.e. including Oath ..
This is not correct. The 12 month window refers to AOR to DM. Then up to 6 months DM to oath.