+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
REMINDER: RELAX. BE PATIENT.

While I do not follow the spreadsheets much, and I do NOT put much stock in the value of the information itself, they do offer vague, very general illumination of the timelines for SOME applicants . . . enough to now see that it is very likely many of those who applied since the change in law and rules on October 11, 2017 are going to see timelines approaching or in excess of a YEAR.

My impression is that the timeline for MOST is already exceeding or approaching six months. This signals a YEAR PLUS is likely for many even though their applications are being routinely processed, incurring no problems, no delays.

Reminder: even typical, ROUTINELY processed applications will often take up to around THREE TIMES as long as those processed the fastest, and roughly TWICE as long as approximately a half.

The path to citizenship is NOT a race. No need to invite unnecessary worry or anxiety into the process. Relax. Be patient. Qualified applicants who are confident about their case, who know of no reason to worry, have NO REASON to worry.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does. My guess is that IRCC has received well over a hundred thousand new applications since the change in rules, perhaps as many as 130,000 or more. As many forecast, there would be such a surge in applications and that surge would quite likely mean fairly long processing timelines for a large number of applicants, even though IRCC manages to push a significant number through more quickly. Save the frustration for some other difficulties to be faced in life (there tends to be no shortage of these for most of us). Embrace the joy of becoming a Canadian, in due course, as it is wont to go.

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
It has been 3 months since I did FP and no test date as yet. Is Test invite sent via email or regular mall?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has been 3 months since I did FP and no test date as yet. Is Test invite sent via email or regular mall?
It can be sent any time and it can be sent by mail or e-mail. You just need to be patient.

Reactions: J24

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
depends on your location. Calgary sends it in email. Ottawa sends in mail. In both the cases, ECAS is updated first(usually)

you can call IRCC to know if they received your FP results. Usualy there is a note on the file and the call center agent would tell you.

Good luck!

Reactions: J24

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
depends on your location. Calgary sends it in email. Ottawa sends in mail. In both the cases, ECAS is updated first(usually)

you can call IRCC to know if they received your FP results. Usualy there is a note on the file and the call center agent would tell you.

Good luck!
Thanks I am in Toronto

slidegt

Jan 3, 2018
Hi all, great news to start the week! Received an oath invitation email this morning at 7am. The Oath schedule is on June 15, 2018 at 1pm. Calgary location. Please update my information on Google Sheet:
Decision Made: April 11, 2018
Oath Ceremony Invitation Email: April 23, 2018 7am
Oath Ceremony: June 15, 2018 1pm

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi all, great news to start the week! Received an oath invitation email this morning at 7am. The Oath schedule is on June 15, 2018 at 1pm. Calgary location. Please update my information on Google Sheet:
Decision Made: April 11, 2018
Oath Ceremony Invitation Email: April 23, 2018 7am
Oath Ceremony: June 15, 2018 1pm
Congratulations, updated the sheet.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just came back from the test & interview and passed for both of us. The whole process was about 45 mins. Again, the exam questions were different than all the tests I did as practice from online resources, but were similar ones.

For those are still preparing the exam, make sure you read Discover Canada and understand everything because the questions could be asked in different ways. As long as you understand what the book is talking about in every pages, the answers are really straight forward. Good luck guys!

Now I chilled out, just wait for the oath.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011