+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

saskatoonguy

Nov 9, 2017
I got Oath date added on my ECAS on March 20, still no email/oath letter, is this normal?
I think it takes 3-4 days at least to get the oath email. But worst case if you did not receive it, you can still attend the ceremony without the letter. Below are the contents that you need for the ceremony.

Required documents for the citizenship ceremony

Congratulations on reaching the final step to becoming a Canadian citizen!

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
We strongly encourage you to bring all the required documents with you to avoid being rescheduled.

surya99

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hello guys just want to know is there anybody else whose application is in CPC Mississauga and applied in Oct 2017 and still waiting for test date?

Thanks

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Please update my status:

App Type: Single
App Sent: 25 Oct 2017
App Delivered: 30 Oct 2017
AOR: 10 Dec 2017
In Process: 20 Jan 2018
Test Invite Letter: March 9 2018
Test Interview Date: 21 Mar 2018
Decision Made: 22 Mar 2018

Thanks!

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hi Admin,

I got an oath invitation on ecas on March 22. The oath ceremony is on April 19. I will probably receive the actual invitation in mail, like I did for test. Could you please update on the spreadsheet? I am an October 2017 applicant.

Thanks!

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi Admin,

I got an oath invitation on ecas on March 22. The oath ceremony is on April 19. I will probably receive the actual invitation in mail, like I did for test. Could you please update on the spreadsheet? I am an October 2017 applicant.

Thanks!
Updated the sheet, congrats

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hello every body
I'm new here
My application sent 13 Oct 2017
Aor 25 Dec
Test invite 17 of Jan
Test done 21 mars
Montreal
Family..im and my wife
...the problem. .after I passed the test and thank God we passed in the test ..but the problem is the interview with the agent was so bad
She asked us to translate our passports stamp..although just we have only 3 stamp
And 2nd thing ..she asked us to give her our equivalent of our study...!!!
I told her..why should I submit my equivalent of my study although no one asked me to bring it
3rd...asked my wife to bring some paper proved that she was follow up with a doctor during the pregnancy ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My thought. May be asked my wife to bring that notice from the doctor follow due to she have about one year without any study or work..and the agent asked her..what you did at that year?
So my wife told her she was tired due to pregnancy ..ect??
I didn't understand what was all that??
Especially she told us we are passed the test and she will send us an email mentioned all these requirements??
And told us after we sent the requirements ..we will be ok and we will wait oace ceremony ..
I wonder is that occurred to any person?!!
And that will delay my DM ...and ceremony invitation
There's nothing unusual here..you should be able to obtain those documents that they asked for. Just give them what they need and you'll be fine.

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Please update my record:
ID: koziamorda1
Rescheduled the test, letter sent on February 23 and new test date is March 21
ECAS has only a line that the letter was sent and it did not state the new test day, I learnt about new test date only from the paper letter I received in mail.
Also, I have asked CIC (both Sydney office and local Alberta office) to not schedule the test on that day because I will be away. But apparently communications are broken there (letter states that I did not show up for the first scheduled test data and their records have no record of my reschedule request). I used both email and webworm to ask for reschedule.
Will have to go for March 21st, otherwise I feel like they will simply return my application and will ignore my reschedule requests (frustrating!!!)
Hi koziamorda1,

May you share with me some experience of rescheduling your test? Like which method (web form, phone, mail?), how long since you contacted IRCC and they got back to you on new test date?

I have a friend that missed her test and waiting for two months, still IRCC hasn't contacted her for a rescheduled test.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I think it takes 3-4 days at least to get the oath email. But worst case if you did not receive it, you can still attend the ceremony without the letter. Below are the contents that you need for the ceremony.

Required documents for the citizenship ceremony

Congratulations on reaching the final step to becoming a Canadian citizen!

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
We strongly encourage you to bring all the required documents with you to avoid being rescheduled.
It probably makes sense to take IDs in addition to immigration documents (such as driving license + health card) but why Birth Certificate and Passports both expired/current?

The below link says only bring:

- Oath Invite
- Original COPR
- Original PR Card
- Optional: Holy book (of your choice)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html