+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test on the 6th. My status changed to decision made just today but theres no oath letter or oath indication inside the decision made link yet. When did you take the test?
Can you please share your in-process date and test invite date as per e-cas?

Reactions: Sh Sh

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I got a line in ecase that they sent me oath letter a few days ago but I haven't received it yet, If I contact call center are they going to email it to me?

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I got a line in ecase that they sent me oath letter a few days ago but I haven't received it yet, If I contact call center are they going to email it to me?
Do you know when the line was added? any dates basically?

Classically Mild

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
I passed my citizenship test today in the backdrop of a potent Nor'easter. I was told that they need a minimum of 50 prospective Canadians before scheduling an oath ceremony. Hence I may have to wait for a month or two before my oath. The oath invite will be electronic. Best of luck to all. Hopefully this Canada Day we will all be proud Canadians.

Reactions: vasvas

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
In my opinion - i think many refugees are actually "economic class immigrants in disguise" as they probably don't meet the criteria for Express entry/FSW ..but yet they want to immigrate to improve their economic conditions.
Agreed with the above statement. They are mostly in Economy class. Our only border is shared with the US, so go figure. Not much of a wiggle room, unlike Europe. Not that there is anything wrong with having the doors open to refugees, but you would think anyone seeking asylum would do it as soon as they meet the border. I have heard of cases, the first question they ask is "Why didn't you seek asylum as soon as you got here?", "Why did you have to wait so long?", "Why did you apply when your visa ran out?", etc. And these questions raise some red flags if you're not prepared. But as btbt mentioned, some countries go sideways when their citizens are on visa in Canada.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application went into process on March 7. Please update. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2018
Agreed with the above statement. They are mostly in Economy class. Our only border is shared with the US, so go figure. Not much of a wiggle room, unlike Europe. Not that there is anything wrong with having the doors open to refugees, but you would think anyone seeking asylum would do it as soon as they meet the border. I have heard of cases, the first question they ask is "Why didn't you seek asylum as soon as you got here?", "Why did you have to wait so long?", "Why did you apply when your visa ran out?", etc. And these questions raise some red flags if you're not prepared. But as btbt mentioned, some countries go sideways when their citizens are on visa in Canada.
No offense to anyone but I guess we should stick to the topic "October 11th 2017 Citizenship applicants under 3/5 rule" . I totally agree that many refugees are economic immigrants. After living in Canada for decades I came across hundreds of refugees who openly told me they made up a fake case for their refugee application. I pay 10s of thousands dollars tax every year and dont want to see these fake applicants getting subsidized housing etc. This is not fair to me as well as to many hard working tax payers. Thanks for understanding.

babak3215

Oct 9, 2017
No offense to anyone but I guess we should stick to the topic "October 11th 2017 Citizenship applicants under 3/5 rule" . I totally agree that many refugees are economic immigrants. After living in Canada for decades I came across hundreds of refugees who openly told me they made up a fake case for their refugee application. I pay 10s of thousands dollars tax every year and dont want to see these fake applicants getting subsidized housing etc. This is not fair to me as well as to many hard working tax payers. Thanks for understanding.
100% agreed. Why should we pay the tax for the ones who came here with fake applications ?!

Reactions: HappyAlto

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
You are not the only in this situation.IP since Jan 9, Calgary.Let's just hope for the best as we await our test date.
Thanks
I know I am not the only one :) Somebody asked if anyone from Winnipeg office has been in IP since Jan. Thus I answered to him since I am Winnipeg too :)

Goodluck :)

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.