+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

mohdasti

Feb 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

I sent my 4/6 application in late October 2017. I'm living in Kingston, but my mailing address is in Thornhill (GTA). I was wondering if you knew which office is in charge of processing my case. If I'm not mistaken, I think since my living address is in Kingston, Ottawa processing office is in charge, right?

Also, 39 days ago my status was changed to IP, and since then nothing has changed. Is that normal?

Thank you,

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

I sent my 4/6 application in late October 2017. I'm living in Kingston, but my mailing address is in Thornhill (GTA). I was wondering if you knew which office is in charge of processing my case. If I'm not mistaken, I think since my living address is in Kingston, Ottawa processing office is in charge, right?

Also, 39 days ago my status was changed to IP, and since then nothing has changed. Is that normal?

Thank you,
I believe it goes by home address, not mailing address.

39 days since IP is normal. Can take 2-3 months or more after IP to hear back on the next step from them.

Please refer to the sheet for averages for your location.

You could call them and ask where you're being processed as well. Otherwise, you'll find out when you get the test invite.

Reactions: mohdasti

kingtor

Dec 13, 2017
I
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
I am from kingston, ontario as well but the address of the citizenship office from which i got the fingerprint request was:

Citizenship Program - St. Clair,
200 - 25 St. Clair Avenue East,
Toronto, ON, M4T 1M2

So maybe not.

Reactions: mohdasti

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
wow that is quick I am still waiting ... where is your office? My immigration office is downtown Toronto

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
They recieved my application on OCTOBER 17th . I recieved AOR today . Unbelievable. 5 month to recieved AOR. I called them on Dec they said they lost application and I must send it again . And I send application on jan. But I recieved AOR for OCTOBER application .

Reactions: Afarp

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I believe it goes by home address, not mailing address.

39 days since IP is normal. Can take 2-3 months or more after IP to hear back on the next step from them.

Please refer to the sheet for averages for your location.

You could call them and ask where you're being processed as well. Otherwise, you'll find out when you get the test invite.
i,m in process for almost 3 months, i will call them tomorrow to find out

Reactions: lonleyplanet1995

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Please give your opinion,
i have been in canada since januay 2014, i have made tax return for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 but in my application i mentionned only 2015, 2016 and 2017... would that be a problem ?

Thank's

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I

I am from kingston, ontario as well but the address of the citizenship office from which i got the fingerprint request was:

Citizenship Program - St. Clair,
200 - 25 St. Clair Avenue East,
Toronto, ON, M4T 1M2

So maybe not.
Someone here mentioned (which I believe to be true) that there are only two offices in all of Canada that process fingerprint requests, St. Clair for the east, and Vancouver for the west. Once your FP are processed, file will be transferred to your primary office, which will be close to your home address.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
i,m in process for almost 3 months, i will call them tomorrow to find out
They are not much of help on the phone, they will just say it's IP, and they will probably let you know which office is taking care of your application! That's about it! I will follow up with my MP tomorrow.

Reactions: lonleyplanet1995

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
They are not much of help on the phone, they will just say it's IP, and they will probably let you know which office is taking care of your application! That's about it! I will follow up with my MP tomorrow.
That's right. Calling them is of no use. Only thing to do is be patient.