+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
Hey Guys,

I have just found this forum and a link to the tracker on Google on one of the first pages of this thread. Can I just put my information at the bottom of the table or should I just give it here and someone will update the table on google? BTW my application is IP since Dec 4th.

Thanks!

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hi folks,
How come my online status did not change to decision made after my test and interview on feb 15 which went very smooth. Online status is in process still. I was asked FP before test which cic had already received. Can FP be reason for delay?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi folks,
How come my online status did not change to decision made after my test and interview on feb 15 which went very smooth. Online status is in process still. I was asked FP before test which cic had already received. Can FP be reason for delay?
Your background checks are likely in progress. It's normal.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

I have just found this forum and a link to the tracker on Google on one of the first pages of this thread. Can I just put my information at the bottom of the table or should I just give it here and someone will update the table on google? BTW my application is IP since Dec 4th.

Thanks!
We only have a few moderators who can modify the sheet., Please post your complete timeline here and we can add you. Thanks

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
We only have a few moderators who can modify the sheet., Please post your complete timeline here and we can add you. Thanks
Thank you razerblade! Actually my application went in progress later than indicated in my previous post so here is the correct info:
App type: Family (2)
App sent: Oct 21, 2017
App delivered: Oct 25, 2017
AOR: Dec 4, 2017
In Process ecas: Dec 19, 2017
No info about the test date so far.

Thank you!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you razerblade! Actually my application went in progress later than indicated in my previous post so here is the correct info:
App type: Family (2)
App sent: Oct 21, 2017
App delivered: Oct 25, 2017
AOR: Dec 4, 2017
In Process ecas: Dec 19, 2017
No info about the test date so far.

Thank you!
Added you to the sheet. Please allow 15-30 minutes for the update to show up.

My application went in process at the Scarborough CPC on Dec 08, and I just got the test invite last week. Assuming, you're being processed in Scarborough as well, you should be getting the invite soon.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Reactions: Toronto88

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
By the way, regarding foreign exit/entry passport stamps at the time of the test interview they will look for translations. I got the translations so they took it from me and told me I'm all good. There was another guy there who had not translated his passport stamps and the officer told him to get them translated and send them. So my suggestion to everyone with such stamps is to get it translated for sure if you wanna avoid unnecessary hold up on your application. You might get away without it but it is not worth it.

You are required to provide translation for anything that is not in English or French which is mentioned in the Document Checklist (CIT 0007).

I had Farsi stamps and I used the following translator which was reasonable and very easy (you upload your info and then go pick up in person) https://www.officialfarsitranslation.com/applications/Farsi-passport-translation.html

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
By the way, regarding foreign exit/entry passport stamps at the time of the test interview they will look for translations. I got the translations so they took it from me and told me I'm all good. There was another guy there who had not translated his passport stamps and the officer told him to get them translated and send them. So my suggestion to everyone with such stamps is to get it translated for sure if you wanna avoid unnecessary hold up on your application. You might get away without it but it is not worth it.

You are required to provide translation for anything that is not in English or French which is mentioned in the Document Checklist (CIT 0007).

I had Farsi stamps and I used the following translator which was reasonable and very easy (you upload your info and then go pick up in person) https://www.officialfarsitranslation.com/applications/Farsi-passport-translation.html
Did you also happen to have any old passport(s) that expired before you came to Canada (outside your eligibility) ? I have a stamp in my childhood passport that are partially in a foreign language (date is in English numbers though). Wondering if they would ask for translations for this as well, given the stamp is almost 15 years old. This passport expired in 2007.

Last edited:

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Did you also happen to have any old passport(s) that expired before you came to Canada (outside your eligibility) ? I have a stamps in my childhood passport that are partially in a foreign language (date is in English numbers though). Wondering if they would ask for translations for this as well, given the stamp is almost 15 years old. Passport expired in 2007.
I had an old passport that expired before I came to Canada and had nothing of interest for CIC so I didn't even bring it with me to Canada. They want to double check the dates you were outside of Canada for the period that you claimed to be in Canada. If that older passport doesn't have the first Canadian visa in it then my suggestion is to not even mention or bring it.

BTW my current passport expired back in September and I have not renewed it since and they did not seem to care about this either.

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I had an old passport that expired before I came to Canada and had nothing of interest for CIC so I didn't even bring it with me to Canada. They want to double check the dates you were outside of Canada for the period that you claimed to be in Canada. If that older passport doesn't have the first Canadian visa in it then my suggestion is to not even mention or bring it.

BTW my current passport expired back in September and I have not renewed it since and they did not seem to care about this either.
Thanks! That's what I expected.

And yes, not renewing your passport while you're already in Canada is fine. They may ask why you didn't renew at the most, but it's not a problem. Same goes for PR card.

Reactions: Toronto88