+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for your input, I just requested an update via Access to Information Act for 5.00 $ heres the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Good luck
Under the privacy act, the request is free of cost. No need to pay $5.
nice work ! do you think this may speed up the prossing of Application ? I wanna try it
No, it won't speed up your application. I ordered these notes and they are pretty useless. You can just call them and ask instead.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Under the privacy act, the request is free of cost. No need to pay $5.

No, it won't speed up your application. I ordered these notes and they are pretty useless. You can just call them and ask instead.
every time I call they tell me it's a 12 months processing and I look here and see people done within 4 months so it's just a matter of fairness. no jealousy good luck for all I just thought first apply will be done first

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Information related security checks are considered classified and is stripped off from GCMS notes. If you see a big blank under CLEARANCES - SECURITY section, it most-likely means they have received information from CSIS, and hence security check is done.

BTW, my due dates are similar to yours. They are all end of October 2018, i.e. a little bit earlier than AOR date + 1 year.
Thanks. Just checked, I do see maybe a 0.5 to 0.75 page long blank after "SECURITY" in the "CLEARANCES" section. Good to know.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
...... I just thought first apply will be done first
Unfortunately it has never worked that way at IRCC:(. There are many factors that can influence the processing time but even if it is a straight forward, routine application it can take longer than others.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Unfortunately it has never worked that way at IRCC:(. There are many factors that can influence the processing time but even if it is a straight forward, routine application it can take longer than others.
thanks man , but really what is routine and non routine Application ?? I heard these words today on the phone during the wait for CIC to pickup my call

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Got some love from CIC yesterday.
Received a test invitation on Feb 14th. Test is scheduled for Mar 12th, 2018. Please update the spreadsheet. And good luck to all of us who are still waiting!!!

Reactions: Angy* and honey_ca

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks man , but really what is routine and non routine Application ?? I heard these words today on the phone during the wait for CIC to pickup my call
Routine application is when you go through the stages without any additional or minor requests from IRCC.
Non-Routine would most likely happen if you receive a full RQ.....

Seshaque

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Do you know what is the next step after taking the fingerprints? And why do some people need to have fingerprints taken while others not? Thanks.

kingtor

Dec 13, 2017
Hi there
Here is my timeline for the citizenship application. Does anyone know what happens after step 4? Thanks.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 19, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 30, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
after step 4 appeared did you receive the fingerprint request? and i guess you received a paper mail?