+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I drove down to the Scarborough Town Centre to drop off a friend at the bus station this morning, when I unwittingly parked near 200 Town Centre Court... I was tempted to go inside to have "a word" with my processing agent, but I went to Timmy's instead.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Apparently my application was sent to the Mississauga office, despite the fact that I live in Toronto. Not sure if i should change the location on spreadsheet.
This might be a good thing for you, since from what I have read, Mississauga sends oath invites at a faster rate.

Reactions: HAPPYFAN

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I drove down to the Scarborough Town Centre to drop off a friend at the bus station this morning, when I unwittingly parked near 200 Town Centre Court... I was tempted to go inside to have "a word" with my processing agent, but I went to Timmy's instead.
lol ... good call.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I have sent an email to the office where the email came from. The email came from the address: WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca

I will call them tomorrow morning. The following email is sent to the office "

Dear Sir Madam,

I received your email today and I am very shocked and depressed that my interview got canceled and I was informed only 24 hours prior to my test. The reason that is given in your last email "that you were scheduled in error and you do NOT need to attend tomorrow" does not make sense. My interview is not tomorrow (on 14th Feb), its actually on 15th Feb which is even more confusing. I believe that I should not be penalized for the error committed by your office.
I am fully prepared and already made the necessary arrangements e.g got the day off from my work. I am not clear why this has happened? Can you please give me more clarification on this matter as soon as possible? I would really appreciate this as I am in mental shock and depressed phase because of this situation.
Furthermore, I feel that I have not been treated fair by your office. I believe that fairness is the key and if this was truly an error then why did it take over one month before it was detected and communicated to me 24 hours prior to my scheduled test date? The invitation letter was sent to me on 19th Jan 2018 so it's about a month since that date.
I am looking forward to your swift reply and kind consideration to accommodate me for the interview on 15th Feb as this is not my fault and I deserve to be treated fair. Hope that you will understand my situation.

ANY FURTHER ADVICE?
I for one really hope you did not word your email like this. It's far too emotional and rage drive. It would be wise for you to understand that treating them with contempt and hostility will put you on the wrong foot with IRCC. Now you may argue, fair or unfair, it is totally subjective. And they have all the power in this dynamic. You are picking the fight with wrong people. Furthermore, it is not personal from the officer's point of view. They are just doing their job. The reason for cancellation could be many and do not matter. At least not at this point.
And suppose you go there and manage to get your test done and then they send you an RQ. I saw a case here, where a guy sent few pounds of documents with application but still got RQ.

I am not saying that you can't argue, but it is an exercise in futility, if anything.

I will give you a personal example,
I called IRCC and the lady told me to not call back and just mentioned that she can see what I can on my ecas. Well, I thanked her and hung up. Called again a week later to ask about the FP, same person, a bit rude and did not give good answers. Frustrating. But thank you mam, have a wonderful day!
Finally, on the 30 th day of the FP request, I called them to ask if they had received them? Wonderful agent picks up the phone, asks my concerns, put on hold and give me good news. I ask some more questions and am told, that some background checks are ongoing and once done, they will schedule for test. And I thank him politely. And then the agent asks, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION? I say, No, thank you.

Now, I am not telling you to do this or that. But an angry response will only make matters worse.

"

It is a wise thing to be polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility, is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire. For politeness is like a counter--an avowedly false coin, with which it is foolish to be stingy"

Last edited:

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Please update my info:
FP request: 24th Jan from Montreal office
FP done: 29th Jan at Commissionaires
Test request: 12th Feb
Test date: 28th Feb, 2018 Montreal

Reactions: winpro

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I for one really hope you did not word your email like this. It's far too emotional and rage drive. It would be wise for you to understand that treating them with contempt and hostility will put you on the wrong foot with IRCC. Now you may argue, fair or unfair, it is totally subjective. And they have all the power in this dynamic. You are picking the fight with wrong people. Furthermore, it is not personal from the officer's point of view. They are just doing their job. The reason for cancellation could be many and do not matter. At least not at this point.
And suppose you go there and manage to get your test done and then they send you an RQ. I saw a case here, where a guy sent few pounds of documents with application but still got RQ.

I am not saying that you can't argue, but it is an exercise in futility, if anything.

I will give you a personal example,
I called IRCC and the lady told me to not call back and just mentioned that she can see what I can on my ecas. Well, I thanked her and hung up. Called again a week later to ask about the FP, same person, a bit rude and did not give good answers. Frustrating. But thank you mam, have a wonderful day!
Finally, on the 30 th day of the FP request, I called them to ask if they had received them? Wonderful agent picks up the phone, asks my concerns, put on hold and give me good news. I ask some more questions and am told, that some background checks are ongoing and once done, they will schedule for test. And I thank him politely. And then the agent asks, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION? I say, No, thank you.

Now, I am not telling you to do this or that. But an angry response will only make matters worse.

"

It is a wise thing to be polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility, is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire. For politeness is like a counter--an avowedly false coin, with which it is foolish to be stingy"
Very true, there's absolutely no reason to be rude, but unfortunately some people just can't help it - regardless of at which stage their application is.

I recall seeing someone while waiting for my interview, who was arguing with the Officer because she decided not to proceed with his interview as he didn't have his passports and have not provided a reasonable explanation as to why he didn't bring them. Initially he seemed to say the passports are at his home and he was offered a chance to bring them and return later that same day within a defined number of hours to sit for the interview, at first he said he that works and was fine...but only to return back in less than 2 mins and decided to argue with the officer, raising his voice complaining why she didn't allow him to sit for the interview!! Needless to say, he was the only person i've seen during my wait that was shown the door, all other interviews seemed to have gone fine.

Reactions: winpro

dominicanx

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Jun-2014
Apparently my application was sent to the Mississauga office, despite the fact that I live in Toronto. Not sure if i should change the location on spreadsheet.
How do you know? Do you have to call them?