+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hello All,

Anyone from Saskatoon still waiting for IN PROCESS, AOR was dec 15 and nothing after that. Can someone advise if is it too early to apply for GCMS or wait more? Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Saskgirl2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hello All,

Anyone from Saskatoon still waiting for IN PROCESS, AOR was dec 15 and nothing after that. Can someone advise if is it too early to apply for GCMS or wait more? Thanks
I am still waiting. AOR received Dec 21st, still not 'IN PROCESS'. I guess it will happen at its own time.

Narinder s

Dec 13, 2017
Category........
My passport is expiring in april 2018. And i have to visit india in end of feburary. My citizen application is in process. Is it okk if i travel to india

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My passport is expiring in april 2018. And i have to visit india in end of feburary. My citizen application is in process. Is it okk if i travel to india
There are no restrictions on travelling outside Canada when your application for Citizenship is in process. If you're asking whether IRCC may schedule a test/oath date while you're away, then that's impossible to predict. You can make an educated guess based on the timelines in the sheet (link in my signature). Alternatively, if you're travelling for > 2 weeks, you can inform IRCC of your travel plans so that they can schedule appointments after you return back to Canada.

Also, make sure to read up on the 6 month passport validity rule before travelling. Some countries require the passport to be valid for atleast 6 months.

Reactions: French 2014

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellows,

I was working in one of the middle eastern country when I got my PR and made a move to Canada. I had submitted PCC from same middle eastern with my PR application at that time. With my citizenship application, I had to attach PCC from the same middle eastern country as I have lived there just under 1 year in last 4 years but was missing an imp document to apply for PCC. I sent citizenship application with an explanation letter providing valid reason of not attaching PCC. My application is now In Process. Even after applying citizenship, I continued my efforts to acquire PCC and at last, succeeded to obtain it. I called IRCC to check how and where to send PCC after receiving AOR ( before In Process) but agent advised me not to send unless asked. According to the agent, since my application has been accepted with waiver of PCC so I don't need to send it unless asked by officer.

What should I do? Any similar experience would be helpful.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Dear Fellows,

I was working in one of the middle eastern country when I got my PR and made a move to Canada. I had submitted PCC from same middle eastern with my PR application at that time. With my citizenship application, I had to attach PCC from the same middle eastern country as I have lived there just under 1 year in last 4 years but was missing an imp document to apply for PCC. I sent citizenship application with an explanation letter providing valid reason of not attaching PCC. My application is now In Process. Even after applying citizenship, I continued my efforts to acquire PCC and at last, succeeded to obtain it. I called IRCC to check how and where to send PCC after receiving AOR ( before In Process) but agent advised me not to send unless asked. According to the agent, since my application has been accepted with waiver of PCC so I don't need to send it unless asked by officer.

I do not have a similar experience, but I would wait until your application is in process as you then will have a file number. At that point you either send a copy in or you wait until they come back to you. I would definitely bring the original with you for the interview.

Reactions: Abu Hassaan

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Dear Fellows,

Just wait for IRCC to give you direction. In any case, if you have the PCC with you, its not going to delay the process much, maybe by a week or two at the most. If you pre-emptively send it, it might create confusion for the officer.

Reactions: Abu Hassaan

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait for IRCC to give you direction. In any case, if you have the PCC with you, its not going to delay the process much, maybe by a week or two at the most. If you pre-emptively send it, it might create confusion for the officer.
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion.