October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I got a test notice on Ecas on Jan 24th and the test is on Feb 15.

However, I already had travel plans from Feb 13 - 19. I called the call centre and they said that I can either send a webform or mail the processing office with proof as to why I can't attend. But, it will be entirely upto the processing office whether they accept this or not. I am worried about the risks if they don't accept travel as a valid reason. I requested the call centre to send me an email with the instructions on rescheduling and this is what they sent me:

If you click on the "procedures for abandonment" link, you will see that even if they did not accept the explanation provided, they will still send a final notice.

Have any of you gone through the exercise? If yes, how long was your application delayed for? Also, the call centre informed that my application is being handled by the Mississauga office despite me living in North York.
my wife postponed her citizenship about 3 years ago. In her case, the test invite was sent after she had left the country and we called CIC and were told we have 30 days to provide proof of absence (tickets booked 2 months ago, travel boarding pass and explanation letter); after reviewing all that - CIC sent another invite 1 month later.

I feel, Pre-arranged trip is a valid reason to request to postpone the exam. It could add few weeks of delay to the process - but if you had to do the trip - you go to do it...Hope this helps.

Reactions: readhp

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Hi, my ecas shows Notice to write test was sent January 24th and the test date is February 14. Please update on the sheet, i'm surprised since Mississauga office is so slow lol I am line 441. Thank you
my cas shows Notice to write test was sent January 24th and the test date is February 10 but didn't get any mail or email yet. Even I don't know which
processing center.
have you already get mail or email? how you know about your processing center?

__jack_br__

Mar 26, 2017
Still waiting for the test invitation.
I see people IP on Jan 11 already got invitation, why mine is so slow...
What I can do except waiting?

2017/10/11 sent
2017/10/13 Delivered
2017/11/10 AOR
2017/12/01 In Process

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Still waiting for the test invitation.
I see people IP on Jan 11 already got invitation, why mine is so slow...
What I can do except waiting?

2017/10/11 sent
2017/10/13 Delivered
2017/11/10 AOR
2017/12/01 In Process
Every application are different and how busy the processing office where you at.

Reactions: salimnw

mamood

Jan 5, 2018
Do you have 2 applications in process. In one of your older posts you mentioned your test date is Jan 22. Also, your timeline in spreadsheet is bit different that you posted today, so I was wondering.

The first test was for me only. Now it is for my wife and my kids. I applied in September before my family, but my application was assessed on 3/5

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I really need to know about FP request . is it for everyone applying for Citizenship or only for some applicants ?
I Remember everybody went through this during PR processing !
No, not everyone gets an FP request. People whose name and/or bio profile results in a hit in the RCMP database, are requested to provide FPs, to make sure it's not them.

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I saw this update on my file but have not received the mail as yet. I am not sure what missing documents. I guess I will see in a few days.
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I saw this update on my file but have not received the mail as yet. I am not sure what missing documents. I guess I will see in a few days.
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Likely FP request

Reactions: J24

karammm

Jan 22, 2018
Hey! If someone could add my info to the spreadsheet:

App sent: Oct 12th, 2017
App delivered: Oct 16th, 2017
AOR Recieved: January 25th, 2018 (101 days later)
App info: Family of 3 and application was sent from Vaughan

I'll provide more the moment my application further progresses.
Best of luck to all of you!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey! If someone could add my info to the spreadsheet:

App sent: Oct 12th, 2017
App delivered: Oct 16th, 2017
AOR Recieved: January 25th, 2018 (101 days later)
App info: Family of 3 and application was sent from Vaughan

I'll provide more the moment my application further progresses.
Best of luck to all of you!
Added. Good luck.

micky123

Dec 3, 2017
Hi Everybody,
I am October applicant new to this forum..Here is my timeline.
App sent :Oct 13
App received:Oct 16
AOR: November 25
In process: December 22
Test invite date: January 16
Test date: Feb 16
type:single

I have a question, my passport have missing one entry stamp to Canada in last year(went to India) as in Toronto airport they did not stamp and just scan my Passport and PR card. How can i prove that enty dates to canada on the test interview date ??
Kindly expect your advises..

thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everybody,
I am October applicant new to this forum..Here is my timeline.
App sent :Oct 13
App received:Oct 16
AOR: November 25
In process: December 22
Test invite date: January 16
Test date: Feb 16
type:single

I have a question, my passport have missing one entry stamp to Canada in last year(went to India) as in Toronto airport they did not stamp and just scan my Passport and PR card. How can i prove that enty dates to canada on the test interview date ??
Kindly expect your advises..

thanks.
Added to the sheet. You don't need to prove entry dates during your interview. On your application, you provided consent to IRCC to access your CBSA records automatically. They will know exactly when you entered Canada. You may also have a departure stamp on your passport from the Country that you visited (most asian countries stamp passports on arrival and departure both).

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
ECAS updated as ''
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
what is it related to? Any missing documents etc,.. any similar experience?