+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 months today and no AOR. What options do i have?
It is unfortunate that you are waiting for AOR and folks applied along with you or even after you from Edmonton have received test invites. I am happy for them, but applicants like you deserve better treatment from IRCC. You have paid full fee and ethically can question IRCC where is my application? Have you received it or lost it? Send I send another application or not?

You and I completely understand that processing time is 12 months and different applications can have different processing times. However, there is no firm answer from IRCC on why there is a delay of 3 months in issuing AOR and I strongly feel that IRCC owe you an answer. You don't even know if these 3 months will be counted towards 12 months of processing time, if you get AOR at all or you have to send another application and start over 12 months of processing time.

It is a fact that some of October applicants are getting AOR, however there should be some SLA and transparency from IRCC on AOR timelines and have policy on retaining your original application date/ seniority if they lose your application. I read on this forum that IRCC call center agents have been providing inconsistent responses to different applicants, as some agents mentioned application is lost & reapply or wait for few weeks then call back.

Reactions: K001 and rasmy

patsynoah

Sep 27, 2012
just to inform - there are 9% of october applicants who are awaiting AORs and few of them got AORs this week too. about 60% of November applicants have got AOR. so for Dec 14th - you still would have to wait for a bit. You will get AOR eventually. Good luck with the wait.
Thanks so much!! that puts my mind at ease a bit, thank you!

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is unfortunate that you are waiting for AOR and folks applied along with you or even after you from Edmonton have received test invites. I am happy for them, but applicants like you deserve better treatment from IRCC. You have paid full fee and ethically can question IRCC where is my application? Have you received it or lost it? Send I send another application or not?

You and I completely understand that processing time is 12 months and different applications can have different processing times. However, there is no firm answer from IRCC on why there is a delay of 3 months in issuing AOR and I strongly feel that IRCC owe you an answer. You don't even know if these 3 months will be counted towards 12 months of processing time, if you get AOR at all or you have to send another application and start over 12 months of processing time.

It is a fact that some of October applicants are getting AOR, however there should be some SLA and transparency from IRCC on AOR timelines and have policy on retaining your original application date/ seniority if they lose your application. I read on this forum that IRCC call center agents have been providing inconsistent responses to different applicants, as some agents mentioned application is lost & reapply or wait for few weeks then call back.
Yup. its so frustrating with no one to turn to for answers. CIC call centre nor the webform did not help.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Do most people get test invites by Canada Post? I find it weird that ecas was updated but I didn’t receive an email. I received AOR by email. At what point would I contact CIC to let them know I haven’t received anything? 1 week?

Maybe Sydney does email for AOR update but CPC Ottawa does Canada Post for their updates?

joksol

Jan 7, 2018
Some people will get FP only and some with FP + PPQ.
FP is easier and quickly done. but PPQ is a kind of headache. I leaved in 2 provinces and different countries. I need to gather entry/exit for each country and get health record for each province. which is a time taking process.
Hi.Same with me. Have they contact you back after you submit the documents.

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
3 months today and no AOR. What options do i have?
Maybe you should use my method. I think call centre and Webform are managed by the same group of people who are not in Sydney.

Send a letter to Sydney explaining your situation, attach your payment receipt and if possible the delivery certificate, this was exactly what I did they received it after 2 days I got my AOR. Alternatively use the method some others guys used contact your MP. You can use both methods. No more delays. Option 3 is submit new application (but I didn't use this option).

Reactions: Kan_Sri

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
  1. "We sent you correspondence on January 16, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required." any one knows what this means? and I checked my email and nothing is there so far

smah1986

Sep 13, 2017
Yup. its so frustrating with no one to turn to for answers. CIC call centre nor the webform did not help.
I do understand your frustration. My application was received by CIC on Oct 13/17 and I received my AOR only yesterday. I had tried calling CIC and also submitted webform, also contacted MP which did not help at all. This all I did in December.
I had submitted a webform again this month (1st week of Jan) saying it will be close to 3 months and I have not heard anything from you guys. To which I received reply (on Jan 11th) that I can expect AOR shortly. And rest of the line in reply was standard format.
Not sure if this will help you any, I just shared my experience.

Reactions: rasmy

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
I do understand your frustration. My application was received by CIC on Oct 13/17 and I received my AOR only yesterday. I had tried calling CIC and also submitted webform, also contacted MP which did not help at all. This all I did in December.
I had submitted a webform again this month (1st week of Jan) saying it will be close to 3 months and I have not heard anything from you guys. To which I received reply (on Jan 11th) that I can expect AOR shortly. And rest of the line in reply was standard format.
Not sure if this will help you any, I just shared my experience.
Yours is a different case you have seen your status on ecas since November 3 2017 at least that is a lot of hope.

yaz2017

Nov 11, 2017
Hi everyone,
I just got an update on my ECAS: "4. We sent you correspondence on January 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
May I know what is that mean ??
I got the same today. can you tell me if you dont mind what they asked for and how did you receive it ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
  1. "We sent you correspondence on January 16, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required." any one knows what this means? and I checked my email and nothing is there so far
I got the same today. can you tell me if you dont mind what they asked for and how did you receive it ?
This is very likely just a fingerprint request. It's sent via regular mail. Give it upto 5 business days to receive it.

Reactions: yaz2017

Bonvi

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Hello Guys,
Please I have the following questions about my citizenship application:
My test date is on 14th Feb 2018 but my international passport will be expiring on 29th Jan 2018. Considering that we were requested to come for the citizenship test with current and expired passports, Is this a problem? Please can anyone offer some suggestions, views and advice on this?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
Please I have the following questions about my citizenship application:
My test date is on 14th Feb 2018 but my international passport will be expiring on 29th Jan 2018. Considering that we were requested to come for the citizenship test with current and expired passports, Is this a problem? Please can anyone offer some suggestions, views and advice on this?
Normmaly, passports are renewed within 6 months of expiry. It seems that you didn't renew banking on the Citizenship and Canadian passport. If this is the reason, you can explain it during the interview.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Do most people get test invites by Canada Post? I find it weird that ecas was updated but I didn’t receive an email. I received AOR by email. At what point would I contact CIC to let them know I haven’t received anything? 1 week?

Maybe Sydney does email for AOR update but CPC Ottawa does Canada Post for their updates?
Check your spam folder ... mine was there