May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you spyfy!

Another question for you please and those who can answer:

For question 11,

My selections are working and unemployed!

During my unemployed periods, I was in and out Canada and I was in different places in Canada (residential apartments and hotels). So for this question I have included every single place I was during my unemployment periods (including hotel stays!) but I'm not sure about the name of contact, phone number, and email address for the periods were I was unemployed and in/out Canada (whether in hotels, residential apartments, or my family places). Should I leave these fields blank in the application? Should I write NA? what should I do about this?

Thank you all!
You don't need to include short time hotel stays in that list. Only your actual residences. So only where you actually lived. Sure, if you moved (like actually moved) while you were unemployed, then list each address here. But not if you were just staying at a hotel for a night.

Regarding those other columns: Write N/A since you can't provide contact/phone/email while unemployed.

Oct 15, 2017
A visa is not a travel document. What was your primary travel document to cross to the US?
Was it your passport? Then, as long as you listed your passport in the list, you are good.
Was it a Nexus card? Then, as long as you listed the Nexus card in the list, you are good.

What they mean with travel documents is THE document that you show to cross the border. You might also show a visa, but it's not THE document to use.
@spyfy is it your view that the Nexus card should be included as a travel document? I remember reading elsewhere on the forum that people thought it just means passports and the like, so it would be great to know if Nexus should be listed as well.
Many thanks.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy is it your view that the Nexus card should be included as a travel document? I remember reading elsewhere on the forum that people thought it just means passports and the like, so it would be great to know if Nexus should be listed as well.
Many thanks.
You need to list travel documents so that they can find your travel records (border crossings). If, when going to the US, you used nothing but your nexus card, then american and canadian border control will have your crossing filed under your nexus card and not your passport (how could they if you didn't even provide it).
It is likely that they will find your border crossing records simply based on name and date of birth but the more common your name is, the more important these documents get.

Just like a passport, a nexus card is a primary ID when crossing the border. You don't need to provide anything else. Therefore, in my opinion, nexus cards should be listed.

And as always: No one will return your application although you provided you nexus card, even if you didn't have to provide it. But it's different the other way around: Imagine the nexus card is required but you don't provide it.

So if in doubt, list the card.

Reactions: aat_marcellinus

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
What happens if CIC return an application due to a mistake or error. For example, if you for got to sign the application form or your residency calculations dates are not correct and requires correction. When you resubmit the forms, is it considered a new application or your application will be put in its previous que/number in the line ?
Thanks

malikumershaheen

Star Member
May 24, 2013
need help with
Q14. do we need to send the TRV, study permit, work permit if that falls in the eligibility time line? and do i need to attach those?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Question 11 (Enter details of your employment...), Do I need to mention my part-time jobs? I have had full time jobs all through the last five years, but I am not sure If I need to mention the overlapping part-time jobs. All the part time jobs are on my tax files. Any thoughts?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
In Question 11 (Enter details of your employment...), Do I need to mention my part-time jobs? I have had full time jobs all through the last five years, but I am not sure If I need to mention the overlapping part-time jobs. All the part time jobs are on my tax files. Any thoughts?
Yes, no point hiding anything. Mention everything IMO.

cec20131209

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 29, 2014
Med's Request
Jun 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Jun 20, 2014, RPRF Request on Jul 15, 2014, Paid same day
Passport Req..
Jul 24, 2014, Sent Jul 25, 2014, passport recvd on July 28, passport sent from ottawa Sept 2 2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 02 2014
LANDED..........
September 04 2014, PR Card Processing Started on October 03, 2014. Received PR Card on October 10, 2014
Everything should be mentioned. Part Time if you earned money and filed taxes then definitely.

cec20131209

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 29, 2014
Med's Request
Jun 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Jul 24, 2014, Sent Jul 25, 2014, passport recvd on July 28, passport sent from ottawa Sept 2 2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 02 2014
LANDED..........
September 04 2014, PR Card Processing Started on October 03, 2014. Received PR Card on October 10, 2014
need help with
Q14. do we need to send the TRV, study permit, work permit if that falls in the eligibility time line? and do i need to attach those?
Documents like TRV are not requested, however you can attach them just as additional supporting documents

cec20131209

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 29, 2014
Med's Request
Jun 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 02 2014
LANDED..........
What happens if CIC return an application due to a mistake or error. For example, if you for got to sign the application form or your residency calculations dates are not correct and requires correction. When you resubmit the forms, is it considered a new application or your application will be put in its previous que/number in the line ?
Thanks
Processing if started you loose your $630 fees

Reactions: Najimi

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Thanks
They will send you a letter and ask you to correct your mistakes. Once your application is processed you are in que! And you don’t lose your 630$

Reactions: Najimi

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
They will send you a letter and ask you to correct your mistakes. Once your application is processed you are in que! And you don’t lose your 630$
Thanks for the info. I have around 90 days extra stay in Canada, so I hope CIC will not return my application even if there is few days mistake in the physical presence calculation .