+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
To those who claimed urgent processing is required - what reason did you state? And did you just complete the web form here?

I'll need to travel for work in Jan 2018 to a country that will require a visa with my current citizenship, and will not need one once I become Canadian. The problem is that this trip is not yet confirmed, and will be finalized in very short notice (matter of days between when I'm told of the meeting date/country, and when I have to fly out). Getting a visa (as you all know) often requires a few weeks, where I would need to submit my current passport. In other words, with my current passport, it's likely I won't get a visa in time to attend the meeting...but I can't apply for a visa now, as this meeting has not yet been finalized! Obviously if my application is processed quickly, I'd be able to attend the meeting without any issues whatsoever (current status: AOR since Nov 21).
I honestly don't think there is any chance of you being able to make that happen within such an ambition timeline. And I am not even sure that your reason would qualify for urgent processing.
If your company really wanted you to attend the meeting, then they should have arranged for you to obtain the visa in advance, regardless of whether the trip was confirmed or not. You can always voluntarily withdraw the visa application or not use the visa altogether.
At this stage, I can't see how you'd be able to get a test in a couple of weeks, take the oath and get a Canadian passport before the end of January. Even if you had the most valid reason in the world for urgent processing (and I sincerely doubt this is the case), I can't see the process being completed in such a short period of time, especially with Christmas Holidays looming.

Reactions: sns204 and vasvas

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
can somebody tell me is the FP request sent by email or mail by IRCC? thanks

sssnv

Feb 3, 2014
Hi,
please update IP date on Spreadsheet - line 497:

Name: sssnv
In process as of Dec 08

Thank you

Reactions: hime

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
I honestly don't think there is any chance of you being able to make that happen within such an ambition timeline. And I am not even sure that your reason would qualify for urgent processing.
If your company really wanted you to attend the meeting, then they should have arranged for you to obtain the visa in advance, regardless of whether the trip was confirmed or not. You can always voluntarily withdraw the visa application or not use the visa altogether.
At this stage, I can't see how you'd be able to get a test in a couple of weeks, take the oath and get a Canadian passport before the end of January. Even if you had the most valid reason in the world for urgent processing (and I sincerely doubt this is the case), I can't see the process being completed in such a short period of time, especially with Christmas Holidays looming.
Oh yes, I agree. I wasn't expecting to get the passport within a month though...that would be ludicrous thinking for even the biggest optimist out there.

I was just wondering if that was grounds for helping push my application through to IP at the very least. Doubtful, but is it even worth a shot to submit an urgent request?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Oh yes, I agree. I wasn't expecting to get the passport within a month though...that would be ludicrous thinking for even the biggest optimist out there.

I was just wondering if that was grounds for helping push my application through to IP at the very least. Doubtful, but is it even worth a shot to submit an urgent request?
I don't think anyone in this forum can answer definitively. I personally wouldn't think you have an urgent case, but I don't see where there is harm in trying to ask. Worse thing that can happen is they say no.

hnl

Jun 5, 2013
Please update my status
Fist applicant:

ID hanaa0611
AOR received: DEC 7, 2017

Second applicant:
ID: flower12
AOR received: DEC 10, 2017

Can someone repost the link for the excel sheet?
Thanks

Reactions: hime

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is newly added entry of Miriam (Line 733) in October applicants. However, there is already an entry for Miriam in November thread. Both the entries look suspicious as both have 1315 physical days and both are sent on 23rd and delivered on 26th, one in October and other in November. Surprisingly, for both entries, AOR date and IP dates are same. How come there can be so many coincidences. It seems to be fake entries, as Miriam is not even a valid ID on the forum.

@razerblade can you find out who added this entry in October tab recently. The person who added this entry can explain on how the update was requested by Miriam (from which ID).

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
It appears Miriam directly emailed the spreadsheet admin directly - so no ID is associated with this entry. There has been couple of discussions on the Nov forum about it and once it was removed and then the admin added this entry back and asked others not to remove entries. :p

There is newly added entry of Miriam (Line 733) in October applicants. However, there is already an entry for Miriam in November thread. Both the entries look suspicious as both have 1315 physical days and both are sent on 23rd and delivered on 26th, one in October and other in November. Surprisingly, for both entries, AOR date and IP dates are same. How come there can be so many coincidences. It seems to be fake entries, as Miriam is not even a valid ID on the forum.

@razerblade can you find out who added this entry in October tab recently.

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
To those who claimed urgent processing is required - what reason did you state? And did you just complete the web form here?

I'll need to travel for work in Jan 2018 to a country that will require a visa with my current citizenship, and will not need one once I become Canadian. The problem is that this trip is not yet confirmed, and will be finalized in very short notice (matter of days between when I'm told of the meeting date/country, and when I have to fly out). Getting a visa (as you all know) often requires a few weeks, where I would need to submit my current passport. In other words, with my current passport, it's likely I won't get a visa in time to attend the meeting...but I can't apply for a visa now, as this meeting has not yet been finalized! Obviously if my application is processed quickly, I'd be able to attend the meeting without any issues whatsoever (current status: AOR since Nov 21).
With holiday season coming up, there is no way you can get Canadian Citizenship in a month. So please dont rely on fast track processing and do your best to get the visa if the trip is important. dont wait.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........

@razerblade can you find out who added this entry in October tab recently. The person who added this entry can explain on how the update was requested by Miriam (from which ID).
@Chi2Van updated it. She emails him directly and she is not on this forum.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

No

Chi2Van

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
@Chi2Van updated it. She emails him directly and she is not on this forum.
Miriam has been moved from November into October because her initial emails to me had incorrect November dates. It's now in the correct month with the corrected timeline (which makes SOOO much more sense than the old one). It's kind of amusing that even after being asked 'are your dates correct' it took another month for them to realize, oops, my dates aren't correct!

Reactions: meayman and Goku