+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
This is the process and the information is readily available online. If you are specifically asking about the receipt - it has a barcode. If the app is accepted that payment is attached to the application in question. If you send in another application with the same receipt - the payment isn't going to be valid. That means, the application is not complete
and you think this will not trigger additional question by IRCC agents on why this applicant is sending multiple applications?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
This is the process and the information is readily available online. If you are specifically asking about the receipt - it has a barcode. If the app is accepted that payment is attached to the application in question. If you send in another application with the same receipt - the payment isn't going to be valid. That means, the application is not complete
I would further think that multiple applications sent within 2 or 3 months of the original not only adds to the congestion problems but would complicate it. Upon receiving the second application, someone is going to have to do some research to see why the payment isn't valid.

I'm sorry, I get that people are antsy about seeing their process move along (the double-edged sword of the tracking done here, IMHO), but logic would clearly dictate that there is no way IRCC staffed up enough to handle the increased amount of applications that were going to flood in with the easing of residency requirements, and therefore the process is going to take longer for some.

The other thing is that there is no accurate way to really tell why some applications get to AOR faster than others received on the same day because we don't really know how they are processed. Sure, we can guess and assume, but we don't really KNOW.

Reactions: deeana_n

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
and you think this will not trigger additional question by IRCC agents on why this applicant is sending multiple applications?
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that some agents are inclined to find your original application and move it to the pile received when the second one came in.

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I would further think that multiple applications sent within 2 or 3 months of the original not only adds to the congestion problems but would complicate it. Upon receiving the second application, someone is going to have to do some research to see why the payment isn't valid.

I'm sorry, I get that people are antsy about seeing their process move along (the double-edged sword of the tracking done here, IMHO), but logic would clearly dictate that there is no way IRCC staffed up enough to handle the increased amount of applications that were going to flood in with the easing of residency requirements, and therefore the process is going to take longer for some.

The other thing is that there is no accurate way to really tell why some applications get to AOR faster than others received on the same day because we don't really know how they are processed. Sure, we can guess and assume, but we don't really KNOW.

I agree with you, not to mention that if every applicants send 2 applications just in case, they are causing directly in delaying processing time by double.

everyone should relax until they hear back from IRCC.

Reactions: deeana_n and sns204

mike10

Oct 18, 2017
my E-Case shows that they started processing my application as of December 15th. I hope it doesn't take long before I I get a test interview :)
good luck for all.

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
For spreadsheet...

Mailed Oct 11
Delivered Oct 13
Ecas Recieved Oct 16
AOR Dec 4
No processing yet
Edmonton

Cristor200

Oct 28, 2017
Please could you update my sheet
cristorwinx - ID
14-oct-17 App mailed
18-oct-17 App Delivred
17 -nov-17 AOR
15-Dec-17 In Process

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
My application has been in process as of 15 Dec 2017. I requested for urgent processing last week as I have an impending job offer contingent of my Citizenship status.